Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 03:20 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
My hearing is just fine as I have not created an Ishmael I am attempting to get Him to accept as Isaac, so He hasn't stopped speaking to me as He did Abraham for a season of repentance. Peace
Of cause it is you, do you really think I would expect you to say otherwise?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
There ya go.....Peace
So clearly I do not reject the scriptures. There's never a day go by when I have not mulled over and dwelt on them.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:29 PM

64,058 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
And so it does. "Problem" is, the scrolls are always sweet in your mouth, but bitter in your belly (innermost being). Peace
See. Scrolls are BOOKS, NOT the Word who is Jesus the Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not deaf to what you are saying. This thread is about a mission to bring people to Jesus but you are bringing them to a BOOK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God IS a Spirit and IS the Word, NOT the Bible or any other writing by men. Jesus IS the embodiment of the Word in a human consciousness, NOT the Law or the words "written in ink."

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Word was made FLESH, NOT a BOOK!!!

Old 08-30-2017, 06:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,490,435 times
The Word that was in the beginning...would that be accurate, Mystic? Before
vocal chords and pen and paper? That Word?

The Roadmap to Disney World is not Disney World.
Neither are the ramp or the Exit sign...

Old 08-30-2017, 06:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,074,490 times
For an analogy, how about a long car trip without a map of any kind, in a foreign non English speaking country, without any money, credit cards, phone or even the ability to see out your windows? That's about what trying to understand G-d is like and what He expects, what He has set in motion, without the book. But please....go on and drive away....oh, and no one to tell you to..... LOOK OUT FOR THAT CLIFF!.....either. Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
For an analogy, how about a long car trip without a map of any kind, in a foreign non English speaking country, without any money, credit cards, phone or even the ability to see out your windows? That's about what trying to understand G-d is like and what He expects, what He has set in motion, without the book. But please....go on and drive away....oh, and no one to tell you to..... LOOK OUT FOR THAT CLIFF!.....either. Peace
Have you heard of a sat nav?. You shall be led FORTH in peace, the same peace that keeps us and passes all understanding KEEPS our hearts and minds wherever thou goest. Where we are he is.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-30-2017 at 07:02 PM..

Old 08-30-2017, 06:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,074,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you heeded of a sat nav?. You shall be led FORTH in peace, the same peace that keeps us and passes all understanding KEEPS our hearts and minds wherever thou goest. Where we are he is.

Sorry, that counts as a map. Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 06:40 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,785 times
My philosophy is; All roads lead to home.

Physically and spiritually.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,490,435 times
Never said not to use the Roadmap...just that it was not Disney World....the roadmap can't take you to
the top of Space Mountain...nor to the depths of the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Putting it down and walking into The Magic Kingdom with your own 2 feet can do that.
A guide, Jesus, and a roadmap, the Bible, are great things.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Sorry, that counts as a map. Peace
An inbuilt one. What use is the peace of God the leads us forth being outside of us?. The road map is for those who are lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity