Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 10:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A strong relationship (house) is built on the foundation of love.

Ephesians 3:14-19
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

To coin a phrase: Love is the root of our faith.

But it's not YOUR love, it's HIS love for YOU, that roots you and grounds you. You've got it backwards. We love Him because He FIRST loved us. One is His works, one is "ours", when we have it backwards. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 11:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
A strong relationship (house) is built on the foundation of love.

Ephesians 3:14-19
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

To coin a phrase: Love is the root of our faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
But it's not YOUR love, it's HIS love for YOU, that roots you and grounds you. You've got it backwards. We love Him because He FIRST loved us. One is His works, one is "ours", when we have it backwards. Peace
Actually, it's a two-way street, unless you want your house to crumble to the ground around you.
And, quite frankly, it doesn't matter what you believe, as my house is built on giving and receiving.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:48 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,009 times
The map and the terrain are great analogies. I think there's enough map in the Bible to get people going in the right direction and passing through all the places required sooner, ...and everyone gets to the same destination eventually. Of course, where anyone thinks they are on the map is what has led to many an argument in the car, especially between male and female, so they say. And the analogies go on.

But I think the terrain has to be knowing God in spirit, through both the logos and the rhema. Any possible place we could find ourselves in the terrain is not out of his sight, knowledge or even direction, and that applies for everyone, so I think we can relax in that. That kind of leads me to think 'what the hell; throw the map out the window and just enjoy the driving', but that would be irresponsible.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 08-31-2017 at 01:01 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 03:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No it's not. As I just shared in another thread, milk, meat and bread (hidden manna) are all in the scriptures, but as anyone can plainly see, you can only partake of what is needed for your growth at that particular time. Otherwise, it's like the thunder they heard; you hear the sound but there's no understanding of what it means. Which is why you DON'T throw the book away, as you only limit yourself and stunt your own growth. Peacce
No, this again an opinion who knows nothing outside of a worshipped bible. The whole bible is about discovering where our source as always been>>>>>>>>> within. Who said anything about throwing the book away, i have repeatedly told you i have not donesuch a thing.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Actually, it's a two-way street, unless you want your house to crumble to the ground around you.
And, quite frankly, it doesn't matter what you believe, as my house is built on giving and receiving.
our houses hide demons and create darkness for them to hide in..
tear down the house... before he burns it down with his very presence. the house you speak of " finding the house well swept and put in order.... he get 7 worse than himself ... and the state of the man is worse than in the beginning ) the point is you have a house that stands only by the lies you believe. that house is our kingdoms. things we believe that isn't what he believes.. behind those lies in your house/kingdom demons hide from the light of God.
Joels army ch2 proves what is coming and it will come . and only those who have repented from sin and filled with his spirit and have a new body waiting will make it through that wall of fire.

Joe 2:1
¶
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2
A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3
A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:4
The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5
Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
Joe 2:6
Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

it's coming....soon .. way too soon for most .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-31-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
... Any possible place we could find ourselves in the terrain is not out of his sight, knowledge or even direction, and that applies for everyone, so I think we can relax in that. That kind of leads me to think 'what the hell; throw the map out the window and just enjoy the driving', but that would be irresponsible.
Or the best idea of all.

Also, if I were given the choice between using a copy [of a copy of a copy of an interpretation of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.] of a 2000 year old map, or GPS to navigate, I'd obviously rely on the GPS, while perhaps looking at the old map as an interesting history lesson.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:11 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Simple fact is when certain people state "knows nothing outside of a worshipped bible." , or that the Bible is so unreliable \ out of date what is really being proclaimed is that they worship themselves because they hate the truth of the Holy Bible being God's Word.

Jesus is pictured as having a double edged sword coming out his mouth in Rev 1:16; 2:12
"In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword.
His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."

“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword."

A double edged sword cuts both ways - which is why they react to near hysteria concerning hell \ condemnation - because the Holy Bible teaches that God will do both.

And so the same enemies of God will continue to pound their own modern copy [of a copy of a copy of an interpretation of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.] of a 2000+ year old hate.

Which circles back to the purpose of the mission, OP's \posts that object and or give an alternative ( i.e. all paths lead) message to
  • Jesus being only the Way, the Truth, the Life
  • The Holy Bible is the source of
    • absolute truth
    • of salvation
will find the double edge sword coming from the mouth of Jesus that condemns.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-02-2017 at 04:05 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 10:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
our houses hide demons and create darkness for them to hide in...
Perhaps, in your neighbor hood.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, this again an opinion who knows nothing outside of a worshipped bible. The whole bible is about discovering where our source as always been>>>>>>>>> within. Who said anything about throwing the book away, i have repeatedly told you i have not donesuch a thing.

No, it's the truth for anyone with ears to hear and eyes to see. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 10:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
It seems to me those that do not rely 100% on the Bible may have (even an unconscious) 'mission' to open
people to love God, our loving Father, even MORE
for what he truly is...Pure Love...negating only the idea of how the early minds of man
saw 'Him'...ie, punishing even doubters to an eternal fire and someone to fear, instead of to
love and be loved by.

And for this, much misunderstanding is happening.
I am learning to let go of my
emotion around people portraying my Holy Father this way, and thus, turning souls away from Him.
I have progressed a lot in the last decade to not take these beliefs personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity