Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 12:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm sure it was an honest mistake. You must first know your right hand from your left. Peace
Ah, rudiments.

Hey, the rocks. Yup gonna paint some pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I shall offer you a parable. This event happened by the way.

Yesterday, I went to a fish fry, ordered an extra and gave it to a girl. She may have shared it with her sister, given it to her sister, chucked it, or eaten its herself.

I thought about the fish in terms of... well, what the fish is a symbol for. All of these are ways in which one might approach grace and the message of the Bible. Discard it completely. Give it to someone else, but do your own thing. Take it, but keep it to yourself. Share it. I didn't stay long enough to find out what she did, and this is the point. God gave us a gift, but no commands how to use it.

Wrong.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:24 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This, for me too. I let my life reflect the love of Christ.
Yes, you do.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The First Commision?

Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
20 Encouraging Bible Verses about Our Identity in Christ

Old 09-03-2017, 12:36 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/www.myjew...-a-sukkah/amp/

Old 09-03-2017, 06:59 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I said hand. Singular.
As in Yeshua.
You reply hands?
And you know full well of the Water and Bread.
You have plainly ignored the Holy Spirit for a bribe. And everyone that reads, has seen.
You clearly know what the heck you are trying to say, but I do NOT! I only know that you are defending as the Word of God some horrendous and evil attributions made by our ancestors. You seem oblivious to the evil they represent and are completely unwilling to entertain the idea that those words and attributions did NOT come from God. You are held in bondage to an absurd idea that the words "written in ink" by our ancestors are the infallible and inerrant words of God. That idea has corrupted Christ's Gospel of Agape beyond recognition and has been the source of wars, divisions, and evil for millennia. Why do you defend it????

Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If so, how do you do it? Do you feel successful?

Not to leave others out, ha...
Do you have a 'mission' for something else?
Want to talk about it?

Added: Gosh, I should have said...and can we keep it friendly!!?
If it's mean, keep it to yourself. Simple.
'Think it, don't fling it.' Seems fair to me.
There is a quote that is often misattributed to St. Francis:
“Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.”

Scholars say he probably didn't ever put it in quite that way. But what he is recorded as having actually said is this:

“It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.”

“...As for me, I desire this privilege from the Lord, that never may I have any privilege from man, except to do reverence to all, and to convert the world by obedience to the Holy Rule rather by example than by word.”

That's more or less my outlook. I'm sure I'm not as successful at it as he was, but it's a good goal.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You clearly know what the heck you are trying to say, but I do NOT! I only know that you are defending as the Word of God some horrendous and evil attributions made by our ancestors. You seem oblivious to the evil they represent and are completely unwilling to entertain the idea that those words and attributions did NOT come from God. You are held in bondage to an absurd idea that the words "written in ink" by our ancestors are the infallible and inerrant words of God. That idea has corrupted Christ's Gospel of Agape beyond recognition and has been the source of wars, divisions, and evil for millennia. Why do you defend it????
What are you talking about.

Youre an antisemite, You would curse Yisrael and provoke the Wrath of the Lord. And you've encouraged others to do the same.
All under a guise of love. Love does not boast against the root as you have.

I warned you many times that you were going to far, but what do I know.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Old 09-04-2017, 02:08 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You're an antisemite, You would curse Yisrael and provoke the Wrath of the Lord. And you've encouraged others to do the same.
All under a guise of love. Love does not boast against the root as you have.
I warned you many times that you were going to far, but what do I know.
Name-calling just ends any discussion. I am NOT an anti-Semite and God knows my heart. My love is NOT a guise. I do no boasting. I promote Christ's Gospel free from the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity