Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,074,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Name-calling just ends any discussion. I am NOT an anti-Semite and God knows my heart. My love is NOT a guise. I do no boasting. I promote Christ's Gospel free from the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You do realize that when the veil is taken away you SEE CHRIST in all the books, right? It's not taken away so you thrown out the OT. It means that when it's taken away, THEN when you read it (assuming you haven't tossed it), you will see Christ. So if you DON'T see Christ, conversely, the veil has NOT been taken away. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 04:13 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You do realize that when the veil is taken away you SEE CHRIST in all the books, right? It's not taken away so you thrown out the OT. It means that when it's taken away, THEN when you read it (assuming you haven't tossed it), you will see Christ. So if you DON'T see Christ, conversely, the veil has NOT been taken away. Peace
Actually when the veil is removed it is to see Christ in you. This is what the scriptures have been getting at from beginning to end. Light brought us from believing God is above to God with us to God in us.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,074,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Actually when the veil is removed it is to see Christ in you. This is what the scriptures have been getting at from beginning to end. Light brought us from believing God is above to God with us to God in us.

I see. So you see Him in you, but not in all the scriptures that speak of Him, right? Peace

Old 09-04-2017, 04:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,833,673 times
Quote:
And the 24 elders.

Amen R.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Name-calling just ends any discussion. I am NOT an anti-Semite and God knows my heart. My love is NOT a guise. I do no boasting. I promote Christ's Gospel free from the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT.

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
And what about the seals are you struggling with?

The wicked are like a cloud and wind with no rain.
For they serve the prince of power of air. And recieving his mark?

I was looking until thrones were set up, and the Ancient of Days sat; His raiment was as white as snow, and the hair of His head was like clean wool; His throne was sparks of fire, its wheels were a burning fire.

A river of fire was flowing and emerging from before Him; a thousand thousands served Him, and ten thousand ten thousands arose before Him. Justice was established, and the books were opened.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:

What about the inheritance are you so sure of. ??

Children's children are the crown of the aged, and the glory of the children is their fathers.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,971,823 times
Quote:
I see. So you see Him in you, but not in all the scriptures that speak of Him, right? Peace
If you are saying all of the scriptures DO speak of Him, that's where you are going wrong. You seriously struggle to make it look like contradictory words and passages in what you call "scripture" are NOT contradictory because you seem to NEED an authority other than that promised by Jesus to support your perceptions.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:05 PM

64,055 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:

Quote:
I would agree with you if you showed ANY inclination to test what is in the Bible against the Holy Spirit as revealed in the "mind of Christ" and demonstrated unambiguously by His death. He smote no one! Instead, you defend some of the most egregious evils described in the OT as if they actually came from or were ordered by God. There is NO Christ in that!

Old 09-04-2017, 08:09 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
LOL, you'll have a bad head doing that. What part did you not understand that from cover to cover the whole of scripture is to bring to Light where God IS.

On that day you will know that i am in the Father, and you are in me and i in you

Obviously that day has not happened for you yet.

Slapping your forehead and saying peace, there is something horribly wrong with that.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I would agree with you if you showed ANY inclination to test what is in the Bible against the Holy Spirit as revealed in the "mind of Christ" and demonstrated unambiguously by His death. He smote no one! Instead, you defend some of the most egregious evils described in the OT as if they actually came from or were ordered by God. There is NO Christ in that!
That's because you are unaware of the Holy Kiss.

The sod.

The good soil is not choked out by the decietfullness of wealth.

Read some of the proverbs and you might begin to see how Yeshua is a greater than solomon.
And he was betrayed with a kiss.

The Holy Kiss is a part of the sod in scripture. A blessing to have your eyes opened to the instruction of the Sheperds Staff.
Read yechezkel, ezekiel.

Ezekiel 34New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Will Be Israel’s Shepherd
34 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to you shepherds of Israel who only take care of yourselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? 3 You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. 4 You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. 5 So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals. 6 My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. They were scattered over the whole earth, and no one searched or looked for them.

7 “‘Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 8 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.

11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. 12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. 14 I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord. 16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity