Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 12:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The Spirit OF the Word, IS the Word. Peace
Ok, and remind me again what does this Spirit call us to follow ?.

And a voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, whom I have chosen; listen to Him!"

Do you not find it rather odd that God did not say , "This is My Son, whom I have chosen; listen to what he's got to say about the scriptures!"

What he did say was listen to HIM whom the scriptures testify of.

My mission is to bring fundmentalists to Jesus, having formerly been one myself, i fully understand why they choose the bible over the one it testifies of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 12:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ok, and remind me again what does this Spirit call us to follow ?.

And a voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, whom I have chosen; listen to Him!"

Do you not find it rather odd that God did not say , "This is My Son, whom I have chosen; listen to what he's got to say about the scriptures!"

What he did say was listen to HIM whom the scriptures testify of.

My mission is to bring fundmentalists to Jesus, having formerly been one myself, i fully understand why they choose the bible over the one it testifies of.

Very good, you've finally made the connection that the SCRIPTURES TESTIFY OF HIM. That's called a witness, and as in any court room, witnesses are called to establish facts and truth. We are told the HG spoke those things to men of old (the scriptures that testify of Him); that makes it the SAME SPIRIT that gave testimony, the Spirit Seed Son that spoke. See how they witness of each other? Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Very good, you've finally made the connection that the SCRIPTURES TESTIFY OF HIM. That's called a witness, and as in any court room, witnesses are called to establish facts and truth. We are told the HG spoke those things to men of old (the scriptures that testify of Him); that makes it the SAME SPIRIT that gave testimony, the Spirit Seed Son that spoke. See how they witness of each other? Peace
Ironic when someone uses Scripture to argue against using Scripture, isn't it? I mean.....you can't make that stuff up!

Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Never once denied they do . What I do reject is the scriptures and Jesus Christ are one and the same. Not only is it absurd to say so but the scriptures themselves never once claim so. No they do not bear witness of one another, Jesus repeatedly referenced the Father and his works to be his witness. All you are doing his claiming when Jesus said something such as >>>>For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

You are saying the scriptures sent him and told him what to say.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
My mission is to bring fundamentalists to Jesus, having formerly been one myself,
i fully understand why they choose the bible over the one it testifies of.
That was a clear response to my op, thanks. Why do they choose the Bible over Jesus?...

Old 08-30-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Ironic when someone uses Scripture to argue against using Scripture, isn't it? I mean.....you can't make that stuff up!
I am not doing any such thing , I am saying the scriptures ARE NOT what you fundamentalists say they are. That being the case how can you testify to anyone the essence of the message of Jesus Christ when you basically nullify him by the error of your way and seeing the difference to the written and the one it testifies of.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Never once denied they do . What I do reject is the scriptures and Jesus Christ are one and the same. Not only is it absurd to say so but the scriptures themselves never once claim so. No they do not bear witness of one another, Jesus repeatedly referenced the Father and his works to be his witness. All you are doing his claiming when Jesus said something such as >>>>For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

You are saying the scriptures sent him and told him what to say.

I'll say it again....the Spirit of the Word, IS THE WORD. They are one and the same. This should be obvious. Why do you think the men on the road to Emmaus's heart's burned within them when the RISEN Lord spoke? It was the HG, the Spirit Seed of the Son, who is as fire, who shed forth (as a garment) tongues/flames of fire (and yet like the burning bush they were not consumed as in destroyed).

A ghost is a spirit who has lived in a body. The Holy Ghost is a spirit who has lived in a holy body, the body of the Spirit Seed Son, which was broken (as into many yet one) for you (all of us). WHY was it broken? Because it is the Tree of Life, which should any man eat thereof and be made into that image, he shall live forever (= being given the glory that He had before), and He did say, that where I go you cannot follow UNTIL He was GLORIFIED, and then shed that glory (of the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, means there is only one, as was told to Abraham, ONE seed, not seeds) upon us (if so be it we have appropriated it).

THIS is the "mansions" (incorrectly translated; should be nests, as the Succoth/booth of TABERNACLES is like a giant nest turned upside down), the HOUSE of the Lord, house as in transference of a generation/holy seed to another, the re-generation of the holy seed, ie. who shall declare (show openly) HIS generation? Generation, where we get the word Genesis, is the same as a revolution, the same as the revolutions of the whirlwind that raised up Elijah and took up Enoch in the chariot of FIRE, the same reflection as the revolutions of our DNA double helix.

The glory of an endless life = the bush on fire, yet NOT being consumed/dead. Our G-d is a consuming fire. Got fire? Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I'll say it again....the Spirit of the Word, IS THE WORD. They are one and the same. This should be obvious. Why do you think the men on the road to Emmaus's heart's burned within them when the RISEN Lord spoke? It was the HG, the Spirit Seed of the Son, who is as fire, who shed forth (as a garment) tongues/flames of fire (and yet like the burning bush they were not consumed as in destroyed).

A ghost is a spirit who has lived in a body. The Holy Ghost is a spirit who has lived in a holy body, the body of the Spirit Seed Son, which was broken (as into many yet one) for you (all of us). WHY was it broken? Because it is the Tree of Life, which should any man eat thereof and be made into that image, he shall live forever (= being given the glory that He had before), and He did say, that where I go you cannot follow UNTIL He was GLORIFIED, and then shed that glory (of the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, means there is only one, as was told to Abraham, ONE seed, not seeds) upon us (if so be it we have appropriated it).

THIS is the "mansions" (incorrectly translated; should be nests, as the Succoth/booth of TABERNACLES is like a giant nest turned upside down), the HOUSE of the Lord, house as in transference of a generation/holy seed to another, the re-generation of the holy seed, ie. who shall declare (show openly) HIS generation? Generation, where we get the word Genesis, is the same as a revolution, the same as the revolutions of the whirlwind that raised up Elijah and took up Enoch in the chariot of FIRE, the same reflection as the revolutions of our DNA double helix.

The glory of an endless life = the bush on fire, yet NOT being consumed/dead. Our G-d is a consuming fire. Got fire? Peace
The scriptures burn in the hearts of folk when they are spoken in the Spirit(they are not Spirit of its own) and understood for what they are, a testimony of who Jesus Christ is. There is ample proof from what Jesus said to totally dismiss your beliefs about the scriptures being one and the same as the Spirit and the one the one the Spirit testifies of BY the scriptures. He repeatedly said he spoke what the Father gave him, you obviously think Father means the scriptures, which is ridiculous.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:31 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That was a clear response to my op, thanks. Why do they choose the Bible over Jesus?...
The only reason I can think of is that they "control" the scriptures, just like everyone else who claims to follow the Bible, but what they are REALLY following is their interpretation of the Bible. That ought to be clear from the outlandish interpretations we have seen posted here as well as from the widespread disagreement among "Bible believers."

The other side of the coin is that they can claim that they are following the Spirit which interprets the Bible (Just like the people who disagree with them do) but they can't show that their "Spirit" is the one Jesus taught about. If they did that, they would not be able to claim the things they want to claim.

I call them "controllers" for their desire to control others through their perceptions. It is the opposite of the "freedom we have in Christ."

Old 08-30-2017, 01:44 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think she has described it, by virtue of the fact that she accepts the entire bible and every description of God within it, as a description of the spirit she follows. That's her thing, that's her belief about God, that's what it boils down to.
So, no, Jerwade isn't clueless, anymore than any of us are who have regularly been in discussions with her. He knows what she believes and doesn't agree with her understanding of God, and she doesn't agree with his. She has said that people who don't see the bible the way she does aren't following God/Jesus, and perhaps others think the same of her.
I think what matters more than who anyone thinks anyone else is following, is knowing that God is drawing each of us from wherever we stand in any given moment and knows how to bring us to where we belong. That's God's mission. And all the discussions here, they serve a purpose in that.
Just my thoughts.
Cogent and insightful as always, Pleroo. There is no way that those who see the Bible as the same as God - His infallible and inerrant words - cannot be reasoned with by those of us who seek to find in the scriptures the actual inspired truth about God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus. The depth of the problem is revealed in the fact that Jesus was rejected, scourged and crucified by the very fallible men who believed the scriptures were the complete and only truth about God BECAUSE "they knew not what they did" (= were ignorant).

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-30-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity