Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and yet your confident that it wouldn't be scam if somebody tells you that to defy a genuine IRS \ Court
summons has no consequences despite the IRS\Court factually stating so.

And when that "somebody" just so happens:
  • to be the only person to always only tell the truth,
  • claims that what he says is from the genuine article cause he so happens to be the Son
  • whose was known for speaking as someone with authority unlike the scammers
  • backed up his words being authoritative and true by doing miraculous deeds
.......... it's really a mute point if you defy the genuine article cause of your unfortunate misplaced decision to listen to scammers \ pay them \ harboring subsequent resentment towards the genuine article despite not heeding from that unique one and only "somebody" to believe him.
I wouldn't defy the genuine article. There was a problem on my taxes and I called the IRS and fixed it. I've been summoned for jury duty and I did what I was supposed to. My autopay on my phone got screwed up and I had to make a double payment. Those weren't scams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 11:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Exactly HOW do you know what you have written in the bold is actually true???? What validation method did you use? How did you check it with God?
No big mystery: The Berean method is what used, which is not subject to being exposed to where vomit \ diarrhea \ dementia frequently also occupies.

Subsequently by using the Berean method one can, like fake currency that is held to the light to God's Word the Bible, one can quickly identity the so-called inner spirit with it's "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." alternativeas the fraud.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
No big mystery: The Berean method is what used, which is not subject to being exposed to where vomit \ diarrhea \ dementia frequently also occupies.

Subsequently by using the Berean method one can, like fake currency that is held to the light to God's Word the Bible, one can quickly identity the so-called inner spirit with it's "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." alternativeas the fraud.
One of these things is not like the others...one of these things does not belong...

Old 11-03-2017, 11:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I wouldn't defy the genuine article. There was a problem on my taxes and I called the IRS and fixed it. I've been summoned for jury duty and I did what I was supposed to. My autopay on my phone got screwed up and I had to make a double payment. Those weren't scams.
Good to hear ... then do no less with the Holy Bible cause it is the genuine article as Jesus said of himself:
"Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.
These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?" ~ Jesus

Old 11-03-2017, 11:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Obviously. Bible worship is astonishing considering there were hundreds of years when no believer in Christ had any such thing.

Excuse me? You're misinformed. They had the same scriptures Jesus and the apostles had. Peace

Old 11-03-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Good to hear ... then do no less with the Holy Bible cause it is the genuine article as Jesus said of himself:
"Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.
These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?" ~ Jesus

Besides the threats do you know how you can tell a scammer? They never know your name. They just robo dial numbers and never know who they have called.

Or as you would say:

Isaiah 43
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! 2"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.…

Have you been called by name?

Old 11-04-2017, 12:19 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Obviously. Bible worship is astonishing considering there were hundreds of years when no believer in Christ had any such thing.
That is correct. Paul's letters weren't circulating until a couple of decades after the crucifixion and it was probably another couple of decades after that before the gospel of Mark was written. Moreover there were more "apocryphal" NT writings in the first couple of centuries than there are contained in the NT cannon.

With regard to the OT Jews had and still have a plethora of interpretations. Some of those interpretations are contrary to one another just as the Bible is. HOWEVER, the Jews have always been able to view different interpretations side by side (in the Talmud) and it has sometimes been decades before the majority of them came to a conclusion.

Fundamentalists, on the other hand, entertain no interpretation but their own and are unwilling to see any kind of argument, valid or otherwise, stand against the god they have created in their own image.

It's partially a matter of focus on either Jesus or Paul and trying to view all Scripture through the lens of one of these men. Jesus spoke solely about the kingdom of heaven while Paul spent his time on justification by faith.

The December 3, 2010 issue of Christianity Today has an essay by Professor Scot McKnight who tells of his own struggles to find which voice spoke to his own heart:
--------------
Then I went off to Bible college (now Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Michigan) and majored in history while taking as many Bible courses as I could. Once again, Paul featured prominently. My senior year, I read the first volume of Ralph Martin's New Testament Foundations series and was taken with the freshness of the Gospels. But nothing overwhelmed me like my first experience in seminary. Sitting in Walter Liefeld's synoptic Gospels course at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, I was absolutely mesmerized by Jesus, his kingdom vision, and the Gospels. I decided then and there that my life's pursuit would be Jesus and the Gospels.

A few years later, I began doctoral work on the Gospel of Matthew, and a few years after that began teaching as a young professor at Trinity, where I even got to teach Jesus and the Gospels. I spoke so often about Jesus' teachings that one student quipped that I needed to give a lecture called "Jesus' View of Jesus," since I had covered Jesus' view on everything but Jesus!

Something was clearly happening to me. Formerly I had loved Paul and thought with Paul. Then, when I encountered Jesus, as if for the first time, I began learning to think with Jesus. One of my colleagues occasionally suggested I was getting too Jesus-centered and ignoring Paul. I'm not so sure I was ignoring Paul; after all, I was teaching a few of his letters on a regular basis. But I had unlearned how to think in Pauline terms and was thinking only in the terms of Jesus. Everything was kingdom-centered for me.

Evangelicalism is facing a crisis about the relationship of Jesus to Paul, and many today are choosing sides.
And, truth be told, I was so taken with Jesus' kingdom vision that reading Paul created a dilemma every time I opened his letters.

An Evangelical Crisis

My experience is not unusual. Many of us have made a move from Paul to Jesus, and an increasing tension remains among evangelicals about who gets to set the terms: Jesus or Paul? In other words, will we center our gospel teaching and living on "the kingdom" or "justification by faith"?
-------------
When one meets Jesus, everything else is secondary.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 AM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
So stop with the semantics ... every word of the Holy Bible is from God the Holy Spirit.
Rejecting any part of the Holy Bible is the equivalent of rejecting God the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Exactly HOW do you know what you have written in the bold is actually true???? What validation method did you use? How did you check it with God?
Quote:
Your method ASSUMES what is in the bold. It does NOT validate it in any way whatsoever. So how do you validate what you ASSUME in the bold????

Old 11-04-2017, 02:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Wardendresden, great quotes and understanding.
Jesus was so about the Kingdom....I tend to listen to a man and what he says
when he comes out of a wilderness after fasting 40 days!
In Matthew.....if one underlines what Jesus says afterwards...what an eye opener.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Wardendresden, great quotes and understanding.
Jesus was so about the Kingdom....I tend to listen to a man and what he says
when he comes out of a wilderness after fasting 40 days!
In Matthew.....if one underlines what Jesus says afterwards...what an eye opener.
John the Baptist came in the Spirit that he did to address the spirit of the religious hierarchy of his day. They were judgmental and condemning, that’s how they depicted God in their own hearts and that’s the God that showed up, even though God through the ages had made himself known to them as faithful loving and merciful. They attracted in John the God they believed in. In saying that they were more accepting of John, because unlike Jesus he depicted God how they believed God was. Infact folk came from all over the show to be baptized by him, even the Pharisees.

God will be whatever you believe him to be, many on him portray his a tyrant that will love you if you love him, yet God appears on here to many who does all things in love because God is love. He loves first, rather than I will love you if you love me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity