Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 11:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What were their babies and children and women and elderly grandparents doing that merited hacking them to death?

Lame, little jimmiej.

Really, really, lame.

Even for you.
God was just exercising His "holiness" by Jimmiej's standards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 11:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
God was just exercising His "holiness" by Jimmiej's standards
Yeah, jimmie's god's "holiness" feasts on blood - like a "sacred" vampire.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What reason was there for a ID creator jimmiej? Why ID create anything if the ID creator knows how the ID creation will live and die and curses itself for doing it (gen6:6)

Serious question and please no bible verses.
That is amusing, you quote a Bible verse then requests Jimmie does not.

To have a universe where all the processes work the same every time, it is necessary for it to be the product of not only an Intelligent Designer, it must also be the product of an omnipotent being.

Since it is impossible for matter, energy and especially life from lifeless elements to create themselves out of nothing, it i also necessary to have an omnipotent Designer.

Now if you think matter, energy and life are eternal. That is fine, if you can offers some intelligent possibilities for it.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Ever heard of the word "propaganda," jimmie?

Bad guys use it against good guys. And vice versa.

To justify atrocities.
You mean like slaughtering innocent little babies?

Quote:
Like you just tried to do for your psychotic little god.
Actually it is your god who is little, psychotic and pathetic.

Quote:
Really, you need to grow up and put on your Big Boy pants. Check out reality sometime. It's really not so scary.

You need to sit in a bucket of water, your little boy pants are on fire.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So Adam and Eve and all their incest kids are in hell omega2xx?

Incest was not against Gos's law when the children of A & E were having children. Also it is not incest unless the marriage of blood relatives is prohibited. It is not in Genesis.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where does it say this in your bible ?.
On thing you do not understand is that the exact words do not have to be said for a doctrine to be true.

The sacrifice for sin must be with out spot or blemish.

All have sinned making them unqualified as the sacrifice for their sins.

The OT sacrificial system taught man does not have to die for his sins, a perfect sacrifice can be substituted.

Jesus was the only one without sin, making His death the only means for man to enter heaven.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
This is the same thought process used by Andrea Yates who murdered her five children so that they would go directly to heaven. Andrea Yates now lives in an institution for the insane. Justifying cold blooded murder as necessarily righteous and good is not only repugnant to sane people, it is a clear symptom of the twisted beliefs and thought processes that caused it to be formulated in the first place.
But Yates broke the commandment not to kill. God knows the future, He knows what is best. The children of the pagans did go to heaven and they may not if they had grown to adulthood.

Moderator cut: Abortion is a topic for the Politics forum, not the Religion forums.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-03-2017 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: Removing refernece to abortion

Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Lame, jimmie.

Even for you.
Do what Jimmie ask---defend those evil people.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Foolish in whose eyes?
Those who know embellishing someone's remark is dishonest.

Quote:
Those who make excuses for a psychopathic 'God'? Those who condone his evil behaviour? Those who believe that the Divine is an incompetent, imperfect maniac? Retards?
Seriously, you haven't half a clue.
Those who judge from ignorance without knowing all the facts.

Quote:
If God isn't vain, then why does he require constant adoration & worship? Is he insecure?
C.S Lewis said as a new Christian it bothered him for God to seem to need constant adoration and worship. Then he realized it was through our adoration and worship of God, that God became more real to him. What God require of man is good for man.

Quote:
Jealousy is not a part of 'perfect love'. It's a negative, immature petty human emotion that gnaws away at ones soul.
You have no evidence to support you view, which may be true in some cases, but not necessarily in all cases.

Quote:
'Judge not lest ye be judged' So you're saying that this God of yours is also a hypocrite? Do as I say, not as I do?
Judgement has nothing to do with love.
If ''it shows us what conduct is harmful to our well being" is true, then why didn't this 'God' of yours lead by example instead of acting like a psychopath? (Oh that's right, we've already established that Gods a hypocrite. My bad)
You haven't established anything but an opinion. God telling us what we will be judged for helps us avoid the consequences of sin. That is the loving thing to do. Did you tell your children not to touch a hot stove or let them find out for themselves?

Quote:
Vengeance is motivated by hate & fear, not love.
Vengeance properly applied is not motivated by hate and fear. God certainly does not hate anyone and who is He afraid of?

Quote:
No, atrocities committed by men don't make me "mad" (looks like you're well on your way) Were it up to me, I'd ensure that rapists, pedophiles & murderers wouldn't have the chance to prey on innocents again.
If raping a young girl and burring her alive doe not make you mad, you have a twisted sense of right and wrong.

Quote:
Apparently scum pedophiles & rapists don't concern God that much come to think of it. His church is full of pedophile leaders & he hasn't lifted a finger. Is this God of yours impotent? Or is his lack of vengeance against those who prey on the innocent, the most vulnerable, a sign that he condones the behaviour?
When you show where God approves of that conduct in His teachings, get back to me.

Moderator cut: Portion with the missing quote tag removed.

Quote:
I'm not. Although I'm the first to admit that the Divine is beyond mans comprehension (at this point of our evolution) & I have little idea of what God IS, I do know that that Higher Power is not an immature, needy, insecure, jealous, angry, vengeful Deity with psychopathic tendencies.
I admit some of what God required the Jews to do is impossible to defend. The Christian must start with "My ways are not y our ways and My ways are higher than your way." God is perfect in all His ways and man is as you say, is beyond our comprehension. We must have the Bibles description of God: loving, compassionate and perfect in all His ways, especially when we do not have all the facts.

When Job was calling God unfair, God said, "will you condemn God to justify your self.?" Imperfect man should never judge God. Either love Him or forget Him.

Quote:
The Bible was written by men & they've been changing it as they saw fit since it's first compilation.
Judging by it's content, if any supernatural being did 'inspire' it's authors, it was the Dark Lord & his minions.
What men wrote was inspired by God. We cant call it dark unless we have all the facts and we don't

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-03-2017 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: You should have previewed the post.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
On thing you do not understand is that the exact words do not have to be said for a doctrine to be true.

The sacrifice for sin must be with out spot or blemish.

All have sinned making them unqualified as the sacrifice for their sins.

The OT sacrificial system taught man does not have to die for his sins, a perfect sacrifice can be substituted.

Jesus was the only one without sin, making His death the only means for man to enter heaven.
But they do when they don't agree with what you say and believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity