Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 09:54 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The grand irony is that while chastising others for "doctrines of men" you claim no authoritative source for any of your beliefs other than your own personal feelings or convictions. How are your beliefs not "doctrines of men"?
I firmly believe that some have an objective to confuse and misdirect. It is just another way to hurt the Elect.

Christianity statement of faith is so simple; place your faith in Jesus and repent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Wow. It is like talking to a shrub. If you can’t understand the reference to lust of the flesh (1 John) , there cant be any discussion. Everything is muddled.

Perhaps we can come to one accord is that many who profess to be Christian agree with your philosophy than mine. Because what I say they deny. For ‘Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One God. They are perfection. Perfect in exact thought with exact attributes. And these Persons are described in the Old and New Testament. ‘. No one comes to the Father except through Jesus.

1 John 2:15-17
anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world — the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not from the Father but from the world. 17The world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God remains forever.…
I know what the lusts of the flesh are. Who are those you are referring to whose lifestyle is all about pleasing the flesh and mind. How can you say what i am supporting with scripture is philosphy when what you saying is not supported with scripture, you cannot make this stuff, a bible believer quoting a belief not founded in the scriptures.

I also never asked you to explain the trinity, you said

Quote:
The term “Christian” means belief in one God, Creator of all things, existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And the Bible, inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the authority on all matters in which it speaks. But other religions have taken it and use to support their philosphy. And there is the rub...
I agree that is what you bible fundamentalists think it means, but that is not the definition of a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple of Jesus Christ is a follower of the "way of life" that Jesus taught.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I firmly believe that some have an objective to confuse and misdirect. It is just another way to hurt the Elect.

Christianity statement of faith is so simple; place your faith in Jesus and repent.
Ok, Baptist fundy was obviously referring to me, can you explain what i have said is confusing and misdirecting to you. If you cannot you should be questioning your own objective by saying such a thing.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I’m glad you regard scripture as authority.
Christ is always the final authority. It goes through him everytime.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:06 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Whose words we find in scripture.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:15 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
And you know Christ's words, how, exactly? I've asked you this before and you really have never given an answer for it other than your personal feelings or convictions. Oh...and you'll half-quote that book that you say is not authoritative, and then accuse us of worshiping it.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Whose words we find in scripture.
I wish the spirit whisperers would share some of the spiritual gems they get from the spirits, which are not found in the Bible. Perhaps we could all learn from it.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Peter saw everyone other than the House Israel in this way until God rebuked him in a vision.

He saw 3 times in a vision a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners that contained all kinds of four-footed animals, aswell as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” (All of these represented all the inhabitants and nations of the earth)

Surely not, Lord!” Was Peter's response “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” (Peter had soon forgotten the man he was until Christ changed his life)

The voice spoke to Peter a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” . The four footed animals, reptiles and birds may not appear clean, but as far as God is concerned they are, when will fundamentalists believe and accept this and take this message to the four footed animals, reptiles and birds?. It's ok God is not mad and against you.

Christianity needs to stop looking at what God HAS(not going to do) made clean as though it is condemned and unclean( you are sinful and hell bound)already, and until it stops doing that, it will never see what Peter saw after he understood what God was meaning by the vision. Bible fundamentalists are like Peter in this vision, they view everything that does not conform to their understanding of God unclean and condemned.
It really does. It seems the more anyone speaks of the love of God (and that love keeps no record of wrongs) and the biblical directive to share the message of reconciliation (that God is not holding the sin of the world against us), the more some Christians feel the need to speak condemnation into the lives of others.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:23 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Of course Christian is not in the Bible, nor is the Trinity or Rapture.
Don't stop there!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:24 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Circular logic.

And where do we get the information of who The Trinity are and their attributes? Scripture.

And around and around we spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity