Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 08:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I guess that's what it boils down to for most believers - put your faith in the god(s) with the best offer.
Well, for sure.... and if you get etrnal life too, that's a BONUS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 09:46 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's kind of difficult to do when you are confronted with this message and have no way of confirming it unless you were to attempt to read a gargantuan book like the Bible, and not knowing if you would even be able to comprehend it if you tried. There was no internet back then like we have today.
You grew up "hearing the stories about Jesus, and the songs about him." You "knew the basics of his life...[and] really loved him." You loved what you believed because it touched your heart and rang true to you. I'm sorry that some jerk changed all of that, but you don't need to reject what you once knew, now that you're old enough to figure it out for yourself. I grew up without the internet and to this day have never read the Bible in its entirety. I've been told things that didn't quite seem right, and have learned to disregard them. You can do the same. You can learn to trust yourself and believe what makes sense to you and to simply ignore what doesn't.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:11 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Your problem is listening to man's theology instead of to God's theology. There is no Scripture that says to become a Christian we must ask Jesus to come into our heart.

IMO what we must do is said in Rom 10:9. Have you confessed Jesus as Lord and do you believe God raised Him from the dead?

It may even be simpler than that. Paul's Jailer was told "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved(ACTS 16:31).

IMO that believing includes truly believing all the Bible says about Jesus.

Yes, believe in the real Jesus. But believing goes much farther than one thinks. One must learn and apply every teaching Jesus gave--obeying him( action=90%--lip service 10%) is proof of ones love for Jesus. These believe at Matthew 7:21-23--yet if they hear those words from Jesus as judgement--their jaws will drop because they believed, but not in the way God requires one to. This is what is needed-Ephesians 4:22-24--the only way to be born again.
Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God-OT-NT over and over, year after year. Jesus taught it because its Gods will-John 5:30)

Old 05-07-2018, 03:25 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
I've witnessed numerous threads here that are veiled slams at Christianity. They're framed as by sincere and seeking "believers". The message is built up in a way we're supposed to believe the OP is honest, and then - after we're supposedly hooked into believing the "setup" - the jabs come into play. Even the original post here doesn't add up. The "problem" doesn't match the setup. There's nothing scary or confusing about it. I'm not buying that for one second. Completely bogus.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 05-07-2018 at 04:16 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 03:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
for the most part Jesus does not destroy the wicked .. but things are coming that will end life as we know it now anyway.. and it won't be him that did it..
men will do to the earth and mankind what no one can image now.
God doesn't need to destroy the earth or men or man as a living creature . I am quite sure men already have that plan all in the works.

Isa 19:2

And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

Eze 38:21

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

Mat 10:21

And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mar 13:12
Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

GOD TEACHINGS and the FATHERS WILL

Luk 17:3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Zec 7:10
And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Mat 18:21¶
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22¶
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

here is stuff to pray about !! his children need to remeber what you bind on earth is bound in heaven..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBh9-E4doJs

I do believe that they are trying to pick a fight with God and his son.. maybe some seem to want to see if there is really a God or not.. and I know they are not taking him by surprize. and most definitely not sneaking up on him..

what his children loose, will be loosed !

time to pray the Lords prayer and mean it like your next heart beat and your next breath...

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-07-2018 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 04:17 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
for the most part Jesus does not destroy the wicked .. but things are coming that will end life as we know it now anyway.. and it won't be him that did it..
men will do to the earth and mankind what no one can image now.
God doesn't need to destroy the earth or men or man as a living creature . I am quite sure men already have that plan all in the works.

Isa 19:2

And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

Eze 38:21

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

Mat 10:21

And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mar 13:12
Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

GOD TEACHINGS and the FATHERS WILL

Luk 17:3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Zec 7:10
And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Mat 18:21¶
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22¶
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

here is stuff to pray about !! what you bind on earth is bound in heaven..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBh9-E4doJs

I do believe that they are trying to pick a fight with God.. some seem to want to see if there is really a God or not..

what his children loose, will be loosed !

time to pray the Lords prayer and mean it like your next heart beat and your next breath...

The Cost of Following Jesus
(Matthew 8:18-22; Luke 9:57-62; John 6:60-65)

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 31Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 32Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 33So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple

Trout.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM

I do believe the church/ his ladies clans... is being or has been already judged by him... Hanni that is why it all went wishy washing to see who floats on the breeze and is luke warm and judging their so called brothers wrongly and without Godly judgement. aka the blood moons and harbinger is probably proof of a time of the judgement /evaluation .. but I think the processes is still going on now for a little while longer ... so when he is finished judging his church AND ALL HIS LADY CLANS ..... Next comes the fellas is as in the world and the Jews judgements/ evaluations and testings time comes up after that or next..

Old 05-07-2018, 05:42 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
When we catch a glimpse of the loveliness of abundant life it will be a no brainer to walk away from the darkness of our belief systems that have become like family to us.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When we catch a glimpse of the loveliness of abundant life it will be a no brainer to walk away from the darkness of our belief systems that have become like family to us.
well you can . but I had a reward in mind.. actually a few rewards were placed on the table ( patterned after Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him ( rewards set by the Father, including the keys of creation and much more ) endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

rewards , SOME big ones for the ladies .. even and some cuddly sweet ones too ... . I seriously walked away from my family the last 2 years .. he is restoring my family now.
so I know exactly what the testing is about ... he actually kind of threatened me one day by not looking at me because I had not declared him to someone. thus the verse... if I do not acknowledge him before men he would not declare me ...... dang I was so mad at him ... ( (yes I get mad at God too, and yes I am a stinker and arrogant enough to do that..) ...... like I had not declared him to everyone who would listen to my whole life.. but he wanted that day, and that time and not on my time.. ..
so I know the church and his clans has been under the same exact trails/ trials/ judgments/ training in righteousness since the blood moons started....
and it will be you fellas next.. especially you who were used to try us.. his ladies ... his churches and his clans...

I pray you pass go.. but I will tell you with a doubt no one can with out knowing his word and faith
and obedience beyond normal reason..

so really I am not very sure about you pcamps.. but we can always hope.. there is always hope for all those who hope in hope. especially if you refused to hope in him AND STUDY AND KNOW HIM ..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-07-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity