Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 09:02 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sorry, i opted OUT the punish and rewards system several years ago. I am addressing your claim that we are literally to forsake our family, not Abraham's faith and faithfulness. Did you know the scriptures say that God will never forsake us, so why are you thinking different to GoD by hating your family and then forsaking them. Go tell your friends what great things God has done for you, how much should you go to your own flesh and blood and tell them too?.
you are using the word forsake like that. there is more than one way that God can ask you to chose him over your family.. to chose his will over your desires for them or for yourself... . like I said good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 10:16 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you are using the word forsake like that. there is more than one way that God can ask you to chose him over your family.. to chose his will over your desires for them or for yourself... . like I said good luck!
That is not what you said though a few posts back. You should read what you said on post #40. What i am saying to you is that God is asking nothing more of you than to forsake the belief systems that have been like family to you.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is not what you said though a few posts back. You should read what you said on post #40. What i am saying to you is that God is asking nothing more of you than to forsake the belief systems that have been like family to you.
please don't tell me what God is saying to me..
when you forsake your family you forsake your will for your family ., in exchange for his will for your family or yourself.. he often asks this. as his will for your family is better than your will for your family..
don't tell what he means please..
we are all to even forsake ourselves and our will for ourselves.
yes my family is mad as hatters at me, they feeeel abandoned and now do not trust me.as this last two years I was not my normal mothering hen/ momma bear self . because I left them to do what they could not understand.. but it is for them and for my Lord that I did it.

they just don't understand it yet.... but they will.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
please don't tell me what God is saying to me..
when you forsake your family you forsake your will for your family ., in exchange for his will for your family or yourself.. he often asks this. as his will for your family is better than your will for your family..
don't tell what he means please..
we are all to even forsake ourselves and our will for ourselves.
yes my family is mad as hatters at me, they feeeel abandoned and now do not trust me.as this last two years I was not my normal mothering hen/ momma bear self . because I left them to do what they could not understand.. but it is for them and for my Lord that I did it.

they just don't understand it yet.... but they will.
Lol, i never said anything about what God is saying to you. You're head is filled with religious nonsense that you are believing is the voice of God that is drowning out what God IS saying to you.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Children of the Devil
…43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!…

You have to hate your father.

When a person tries to be born again, he is choosing to become a virgin instead of being the son of Satan and living like a king. Eve has now become the mother in law, and the mother in law shall hate the daughter in law and the daughter in law will hate the mother in law. Jesus was not speaking of biological family, but of the family that you are right now inside your own house.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-08-2018 at 01:49 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 01:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,937,481 times
Quote:
for the most part Jesus does not destroy the wicked .. but things are coming that will end life as we know it now anyway.. and it won't be him that did it..
men will do to the earth and mankind what no one can image now.
God doesn't need to destroy the earth or men or man as a living creature . I am quite sure men already have that plan all in the works.

Isa 19:2

And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

Eze 38:21

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

Mat 10:21

And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mar 13:12
Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

GOD TEACHINGS and the FATHERS WILL

Luk 17:3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Zec 7:10
And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Mat 18:21¶
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22¶
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

here is stuff to pray about !! his children need to remeber what you bind on earth is bound in heaven..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBh9-E4doJs

I do believe that they are trying to pick a fight with God and his son.. maybe some seem to want to see if there is really a God or not.. and I know they are not taking him by surprize. and most definitely not sneaking up on him..

what his children loose, will be loosed !

time to pray the Lords prayer and mean it like your next heart beat and your next breath...

God gave the judgement to Jesus as his appointed king. Did you miss Rev 16--EVERY kingdom( govt, armies,supporters) will be mislead to stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon. That is 99% on earth will lose.
Gog of Magog raises up against the true followers at the end of the trib. The bible says they come to kill. As soon as they try, God says its like a poke in the eye to him( his reaction) = very quickly-Har-mageddon for the 99% mislead. And satan and his angels will be captured and abyssed.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God gave the judgement to Jesus as his appointed king. Did you miss Rev 16--EVERY kingdom( govt, armies,supporters) will be mislead to stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon. That is 99% on earth will lose.
Gog of Magog raises up against the true followers at the end of the trib. The bible says they come to kill. As soon as they try, God says its like a poke in the eye to him( his reaction) = very quickly-Har-mageddon for the 99% mislead. And satan and his angels will be captured and abyssed.
I don't believe the 99% part, but your assessment of the rest if it is close enough for the game afoot.. and I won't agrue with that part.. because we are all kind of guessing at it anyway..

the point tothe whole exercize is to know him and follow him and his word and his voice as he reveals it and it starts to unfold to do as he asks .. the last marathon gun has not gone off yet .. so we don't know who overcomes yet.. only the Father and Son knows that !
so I will not support your 99% part.. the bible dont' say it and you can't guess that .

Old 05-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
there is is two usa's .. there is two russia, the saved and unsaved of each tribe and people..

now 99% of the unsaved nations might be a sort of valid guess.. they might besaved.. maybe lots more .. only the Father and Son know that. but there is a save and protected part of each nation and tribe..
and evne then Jesus has a few surpises up his sleeve yet...and you all will be impressed, I am.. wow just wait folks... hehehe.. awesome stuff!

Old 05-08-2018, 02:32 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,092,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I grew up going to a Southern Baptist church where I remember hearing the stories about Jesus, and the songs about him. I knew the basics of his life. I really loved him.

But then when I was about 12 I heard the "good news" from a family member. They told me that it wasn't enough just to love God and love Jesus. You had to pray to receive Jesus "into your heart". That confused me. It worried me. What did it even mean?

Ever since that time I sort of lost that special love that I had for Jesus. He became something threatening and confusing.

Can anyone else relate to this experience?
Did you realize the Bible doesn't say that? I'm sorry if that has scared you away from Jesus.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:37 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,937,481 times
Quote:
I don't believe the 99% part, but your assessment of the rest if it is close enough for the game afoot.. and I won't agrue with that part.. because we are all kind of guessing at it anyway..

the point tothe whole exercize is to know him and follow him and his word and his voice as he reveals it and it starts to unfold to do as he asks .. the last marathon gun has not gone off yet .. so we don't know who overcomes yet.. only the Father and Son knows that !
so I will not support your 99% part.. the bible dont' say it and you can't guess that .

Jesus teaches truth on the matter-- He taught--- Enter through the narrow gate, for cramped is the road that leads off into life, Few are the ones finding it. For MANY have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction--Jesus told-MANY who think they are Christian--Matt 7:21-23--They do not want to hear--Get away from me you who work iniquity( willfull or practice of sin) I must confess I Never even knew you. This is judgement scenario.
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day-99% mislead.
Satan beat them centuries ago-2Cor 11:12-15)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity