Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 12:45 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
That's not even the post addressed to you, so where it seems to you that I am ignoring you is incorrect.

So your saying Jesus is not the son of God. No what you believe is ludicrous, that Jesus is Almighty God manifested in the flesh, talk about twisting scriptures.

You can no more say a scripture is figurative or metaphorical if you can not even digest the milk given from the scriptures. Jesus is God
ok, just for openers. is the the Son of God flesh or spirit?

I'll be looking for your answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 12:57 PM

168 posts, read 69,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ok, just for openers. is the the Son of God flesh or spirit?

I'll be looking for your answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
1st he was spirit, then he was flesh, now he is spirit again.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
1st he was spirit, then he was flesh, now he is spirit again.
just to be clear, you're saying that the Son of God is flesh right?

Old 07-25-2018, 01:19 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Jesus would be "part" of God; one third of the Trinity (The father, the son / Jesus, and Holy Spirit). Oftentimes, the father is just referred to as "God", so it can get messy. Saying Jesus is God would be equivalent to saying the son and the father are the same. People get in a hurry and make it more complicated than it should be. Being more clear and making the distinction would help.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Jesus would be "part" of God; one third of the Trinity (The father, the son / Jesus, and Holy Spirit). Saying Jesus is God would be saying the son and the father are the same, and/or there is no trinity. People are often sloppy though in talking, and don't make the distinction.
this is interesting. and thanks for the Post. but question, "did not the Holy Ghost conceive the child in Mary's womb?", see Matthew 1:19 & 20 read these verses and get back with me.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:37 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
You are correct that Yahweh has not changed and never will. But there are 2 different God's. Yahweh and his son. Separate beings always. Jesus, before being sent to earth, was born long before he and his father created everything.

γεννάω gennaō begotten - means to give birth to a son/daughter and to be born

Jesus was born in heaven from his father, that why the bible says repeatedly that jesus was begotten (1 John 5:1) When Jesus was sent to earth Yahweh prepared a body for him. (Hebrews 10:5)

Jesus had a beginning in heaven, in order to be sent. Was Jesus created or born?

Hebrews 10:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? Why could God not say to the angels you are my son, today I have begotten you? The angels were all created. Jesus is the only being begotten(born) from Yahweh.

Being born from Yahweh makes Jesus a God, but in subjection to his father(Rev 3:12)

Philippians 2:8 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped(exploited, taken advantage of)

Chapter 3
https://godsplanforall.com/

Since Jesus has a God- his Father, You would be teaching--God has a God. The being-sent, speaks at Proverbs 8--produced( created direct-first and last) me as the beginning( first creation) of your way( creating)--read all prov 8 it is the one named Jesus as a mortal.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
to Unveiling Bible Truth, looking at your post here, I'm surprise at your assessment of "Jesus was born in heaven from his father".

you must have not read the scriptures clearly. did not the Lord Jesus make the heavens and the earth? scripture, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made". was not heaven made? so if heaven was made by him, how could he be "born" in heaven?.

if you will please explain.

Peace in Christ Jesus, Yeshua.

All evidence says that is a translating error. The being sent to earth andwas named Jesus as a mortal speaks at Proverbs 8:22--Telling all he was produced( created direct-first and last)--came to be beside him( God) as his master worker( the one whom all other things was created through is 100% correct.
Collosians 1:15--The firstborn of all CREATION.
Jesus is not God. God was not speaking at Proverbs 8

Old 07-25-2018, 04:50 PM

168 posts, read 69,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
All evidence says that is a translating error. The being sent to earth andwas named Jesus as a mortal speaks at Proverbs 8:22--Telling all he was produced( created direct-first and last)--came to be beside him( God) as his master worker( the one whom all other things was created through is 100% correct.
Of course Jesus is not Almighty God, Jesus is also not part of a trinity and Jesus was not created.
1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

Notice what it says, God sent his only begotten son. It doesn't say he sent him then he was the only begotten. He was begotten(born) before he was sent.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him (God) who begot(birthed) also loves him (Jesus Christ) who is begotten(born) of Him (Father God).

hebrews 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? Are not the angels sons of God? Why couldn't he say that to the angels? Because the angels are created and the son is truly born from his father.

Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. To say he is first born of all creation contradicts all the other scriptures.

Hebrews 1:8 says, “But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Look up the greek word for begotten. The bible makes it very clear that in heaven Jesus was born from Almighty God and because he was born from God that makes him a God, but in subjection to the father. Elohim is plural...in the beginning elohim created the heavens and the earth.

Who walked in the garden of eden with Adam? Who wrestled with Jacob? Who spoke to Moses and who did Moses see? (John 1:18) No one has seen God at any time... Who?

I present the truth, take it or leave it, but to deny the truth of Christ is to deny his father also.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
first thanks fro your reply. second let's look closely at what you said. "The being sent to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal". if Jesus was mortal, and sent from heaven, as you say, why did he have to take on flesh and blood again? Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil"

also, "Jesus as a mortal speaks at Proverbs 8:22--Telling all he was produced( created direct-first and last)--came to be beside him( God) as his master worker( the one whom all other things was created through is 100% correct".

I must disagree with you there, yes, it's JESUS, but Spirit, in the persona "WISDOM". so that just countered your first assessment of Jesus as mortal sent from heaven.

and "Collosians 1:15--The firstborn of all CREATION". from the DEAD, he's the NEW CREATION, the FIRST or the HEAD. Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:10 "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power".

U said, "Jesus is not God. please explain this verses, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 1:22 "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

if Jesus is God with us, then Jesus is God "with us".

if not please explain.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:25 AM

175 posts, read 75,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Jesus taught his followers the Lord's Prayer, which has us pray to God the Father. He also has all those who are burdened to come unto him (not unto God) and he will give them rest. But, again, he himself prayed the Father to forgive those who persecuted him.

Many Christians see Jesus as God. It seems a minority see Jesus as son of God. Does it matter? if so, how?

Jesus was the Incarnation of the Second Person of the Trinity. "God" is the Trinity. The Second Person of the Trinity is "divine," as are the other two Persons. The Second Person of the Trinity was not the Son until the Incarnation; there is massive confusion on this point. In his Incarnation as the only begotten Son, Jesus was fully divine and fully human. His relationship with the Father during the Incarnation was that of one who was fully human, which explains his statements that seem to place him in a position subordinate to the Father. He was indeed subordinate during the Incarnation; as the Second Person of the Trinity before the Incarnation, he was certainly not fully human. Although the Trinity can be debated, and I have wavered on it myself, the best understanding of the NT as a whole points toward a triune God - mysterious and largely incomprehensible as this concept may be.

To take the obvious example of those who deny the Trinity, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus is the incarnation of the archangel Michael and thus a created being (since the angels were created). The JW's Jesus is not divine in the way that the Jesus of Trinitarians is divine. Yet the JW believe that the Atonement occurred through Jesus' life, death and resurrection and that we are saved through him. I believe this satisfies the essential element of Christianity. If God disagrees, we'll all find out someday.

The issue is not whether Jesus "had" to be divine in order for his sacrifice to be acceptable to God and the Atonement to "work." If Jesus' sacrifice was in fact satisfactory to God, this is all that matters. Everything else is a human doctrinal overlay which is irrelevant to me. I accept the Trinity; I accept the JW as my Christian brothers and sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity