Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 05:15 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The attached graph shows it is true. Less than 30% have only one partner, and over 60% have more than one, and 30+% have more than 4 (per year).

Attachment 214267
According to your chart, the percentage of gay/lesbian people who have had NO partners is higher than than that of both straight men and straight women.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:42 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Your calling on homosexuals after they come to Christ to strive and seek a narrow way is the law of the Pharisees.
Maybe you need to stop speaking in the name of Christianity altogether! as you meant to deceive people!!

as these are Jesus own words..

Mat 7:13

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:15

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:17

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

yes he never knew them if they still walk in sin and lawlessness .. it is that simple.
your all promoting "good works" instead of obedience for salvation. which is exactly what the Pharisee taught.

most definitely time for you to stop speaking in the name of Our Lord and his words..
shall I now list the sins which follow the false prophets who are really wolves leading men not to Christ and salvation but to board path which leads to destruction?
God has true mercy and love that heals the sick and binds up the broken. and sets the captives free from their sins.... and every kind of ism and all variants .. is brokenness!! Father wants them truly healed and restored to him .. not whitewashed in their own excrement.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-03-2019 at 05:54 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Peter said he was righteous, and you can see it when you observe his faithfulness when he trusted God when he listened and believed the strangers who told him God was going to destroy Sodom. His sons in law (to be) did not trust God and refused to leave with, and they were destroyed with the city.

His faith had been credited to him as righteousness. God would not have sent His angels is He didn't know he was righteous. Same with Noah, Abraham, and others.

I know you don't agree, so we'll just have to disagree.
Who said I disagreed?

Lot's faith was credited to him as righteousness.

Lot was delivered from destruction.

Lot went on to get drunk and commit incest.

But his faith made him righteous. Why is it different for anyone else? Why is it different for someone in the LGBT spectrum? What is different there?

The garment to attend the wedding is Christ's robe of righteousness. It is worn by faith. Just as it was given to Lot, a total reprobate.

Again, why are you harder on others and demand a narrow gate when it was so easy for Lot who was pretty rotten. Why is someone with high moral standards but whose sexual identity differs from yours not clean in your book but Lot is?

Do you not see the complete duplicity in your stance?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Maybe you need to stop speaking in the name of Christianity altogether! as you meant to deceive people!!

as these are Jesus own words..

Mat 7:13

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:15

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:17

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

yes he never knew them if they still walk in sin and lawlessness .. it is that simple.
your all promoting "good works" instead of obedience for salvation. which is exactly what the Pharisee taught.

most definitely time for you to stop speaking in the name of Our Lord and his words..
shall I now list the sins which follow the false prophets who are really wolves leading men not to Christ and salvation but to board path which leads to destruction?
God has true mercy and love that heals the sick and binds up the broken. and sets the captives free from their sins.... and every kind of ism and all variants .. is brokenness!! Father wants them truly healed and restored to him .. not whitewashed in their own excrement.
So you have no excrement? You have no sin after you came to the Lord? You have no planks in your eyes but there are tons of splinters in others?

God has true love and true mercy. Your legalistic approach keeps people from his love and mercy. Your blasting forth with scripture to prove your legalism is adding to the cross that Christ died on. You preach a self righteousness outside of the righteousness of Jesus. Your righteousness is as filthy rags. Your call for people to clean themselves up and adhere to a list of rules before they come to Jesus is just that.

Yeast.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:12 PM

from MIkes thread //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post56090431

Quote:
15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace?

16. God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye present yourselves as servants unto obedience, his servants ye are whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Roman 6)

Old 09-03-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
From God's book, in John's first letter:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

You really want to scripture lob with me?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
So you have no excrement? You have no sin after you came to the Lord? You have no planks in your eyes but there are tons of splinters in others?

God has true love and true mercy. Your legalistic approach keeps people from his love and mercy. Your blasting forth with scripture to prove your legalism is adding to the cross that Christ died on. You preach a self righteousness outside of the righteousness of Jesus. Your righteousness is as filthy rags. Your call for people to clean themselves up and adhere to a list of rules before they come to Jesus is just that.

Yeast.
you lied .. obedience is better than sacrifice/works even "good" works that migh t look like the spirit can stil be hay wood and stubble..... if it was not His spirit doing leading and doing that work........ you recommending that they work their way to salvation any ol way slap some Jesus on it and it is then "Christian" ish.... that is pharisitical..

but you lied ! and meant to decieve..
there is a narrow Gate and few find it!!
and alot of people who he will say to them "I never knew you" because they never submitted their heart and sin to him to heal and so he can restore them to the Father ..
the father and leviticus is comeing.. again,

only without spot or wrinkle.. solely dependant on him ......

your gate is wide and

and it isn't the narrow one that leads to obedience and life.
the real Jesus fixes the sin and brokenness . He advocates for those who are following him to the narrow gate.. NOT THE
ones TAKING THEIR OWN PATH... he does not just white washes it. see leodicea church age.. take him up on his offer please..
but your not even whitewashing..
and no I am not legalistic.. I obedientistic.. if I am anything.. because like Abraham and Isaac on a mountain... it is our relationship and our obedience/ trust .. in him that matters.... obedience to him that walks and talks like him because we are following his footsteps as he leads us each day.. toward the narrow gate sir....

Yes sir I am obedienistic.... to obey is better than sacrifice ( good works) but by following him we will do good works .. even if we do not recognize them as that... ( when did we ..........) we don't realize when it was a good work.. because not only does he stop the sinning... he will built teh good works.. into us.. we can't list it like the ones he didn't know.. because he builds the good works into us...

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-03-2019 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 07:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm telling you that most gay people are just like most straight people in that they want loving partnerships, not just sexual encounters. The point is that YOU have the power to help effect the change that would alter those statistics, but the change has to begin within you.
And I think you're naive.
Quote:
Even if one Christian at a time changes their heart toward others and starts trying to see others as Christ taught instead of hiding their personal prejudices behind out-of-context Bible memory verses, eventually those statistics that demonstrate the sadness and despair of some of our fellow human beings can change.
You mean the Christ that tells us to mortify our sins? To deny ourselves and take up our crosses to follow him? I've repeatedly told you that I don't hate any man or woman. But the mere fact that I actually say that Jesus called it sin has you in a twist. Good grief, you're as intolerant as anyone.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
you lied .. obedience is better than sacrifice/works even "good" works that migh t look like the spirit can stil be hay wood and stubble..... if it was not His spirit doing leading and doing that work........ you recommending that they work their way to salvation any ol way slap some Jesus on it and it is then "Christian" ish.... that is pharisitical..

but you lied ! and meant to decieve..
there is a narrow Gate and few find it!!
and alot of people who he will say to them "I never knew you" because they never submitted their heart and sin to him to heal and so he can restore them to the Father ..
the father and leviticus is comeing.. again,

only without spot or wrinkle.. solely dependant on him ......

your gate is wide and

and it isn't the narrow one that leads to obedience and life.
the real Jesus fixes the sin and brokenness . He advocates for those who are following him to the narrow gate.. NOT THE
ones TAKING THEIR OWN PATH... he does not just white washes it. see leodicea church age.. take him up on his offer please..
but your not even whitewashing..
and no I am not legalistic.. I obedientistic.. if I am anything.. because like Abraham and Isaac on a mountain... it is our relationship and our obedience/ trust .. in him that matters.... obedience to him that walks and talks like him because we are following his footsteps as he leads us each day.. toward the narrow gate sir....

Yes sir I am obedienistic.... to obey is better than sacrifice ( good works) but by following him we will do good works .. even if we do not recognize them as that... ( when did we ..........) we don't realize when it was a good work.. because not only does he stop the sinning... he will built teh good works.. into us.. we can't list it like the ones he didn't know.. because he builds the good works into us...
Do you have more faith in your ability to obey or more faith that Jesus is your righteousness?

Trusting in Jesus and Jesus alone. Don't hear that preached much. It's always self focused. Obedience is self focused. Focused on how good we are. How much better we are than another. How much another sins. How much we don't sin like that one over there.

The way is narrow because it isn't Jesus and anything else. No room for anything else in that gate, just Jesus and the believer. No room for how good you are. or how un-bad you are. Jesus and Jesus alone. That is the narrow way.

Solely dependent on him, you said it above but then you qualified it. You added to it. You added your own obedience and works. That won't fit.

Jesus alone. Narrow gate.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:32 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
According to your chart, the percentage of gay/lesbian people who have had NO partners is higher than than that of both straight men and straight women.
And the percentage who has had 4 more partners is drastically higher in gay population. Typical. You just can't admit to the reality that promiscuity is a major trend in the gay community. Before SSM and after. Nothing has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity