Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 10:46 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Has it occurred to you that one can be fat without being a glutton?

1 Timothy 3 specifically addresses sexual sin among leaders in the church. It doesn't mention gluttony. Nor does it suggest he must have a 32 inch waist or be able to run a 7 minute mile.
Can't be divorced either.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:50 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Has it occurred to you that one can be fat without being a glutton?
So what? No way to tell, right? So if you are all about treating sins equally, you would treat fat people the same way as gay people. You would treat ALL sinners the same way. You clearly don't though, which just goes to show that it isn't about "sin" at all, and more about the gay people themselves.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:56 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So what? No way to tell, right? So if you are all about treating sins equally, you would treat fat people the same way as gay people. You would treat ALL sinners the same way. You clearly don't though, which just goes to show that it isn't about "sin" at all, and more about the gay people themselves.
It's about disregarding or diminishing "sins" that might be a personal problem and magnifying ones that aren't issues. Self justification in action.

OR

White knuckling and condemning sins one has a personal problem with in an effort to not go there one's self.

Can't know which one for sure, but it's always one or the other. One who truly understands the grace that has been given to himself does NOT go on and on about other people's sins to such an extent. They understand they are in need of grace more than anyone and DON'T pass this level of judgment on another.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
So what? No way to tell, right? So if you are all about treating sins equally, you would treat fat people the same way as gay people.
Quite a stretch there. Did that hurt?
Quote:
You would treat ALL sinners the same way. You clearly don't though, which just goes to show that it isn't about "sin" at all, and more about the gay people themselves.
We just said we don't know that fat = glutton. So why are you advocating for fat shaming? And no--it has nothing to do with the fact that homosexual acts are sinful.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
It's about disregarding or diminishing "sins" that might be a personal problem and magnifying ones that aren't issues. Self justification in action.

OR

White knuckling and condemning sins one has a personal problem with in an effort to not go there one's self.

Can't know which one for sure, but it's always one or the other. One who truly understands the grace that has been given to himself does NOT go on and on about other people's sins to such an extent. They understand they are in need of grace more than anyone and DON'T pass this level of judgment on another.
I hear you. Would you agree as well. A lot of people just don't want to confront their own issues or sins, and downplay them (or overreact to others).

Old 10-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Quite a stretch there. Did that hurt?
No, I'm quite limber. Ask my husband.

Quote:
We just said we don't know that fat = glutton. So why are you advocating for fat shaming?
Again, so what? The majority of fat people are gluttons, or at the very least, lazy and eat foods that are bad for them. If that is fat shaming, then so be it. It's simply the way it is. I assume, since you and a few others are so adamant about fat people being treated like everyone else (while advocating for the exact opposite with other things), that you are yourself overweight, or your family members are. Now, ask yourself, if this is a sin, why do I treat it differently?

Quote:
And no--it has nothing to do with the fact that homosexual acts are sinful.
So it is all about the fact that you don't like gay people. Got it.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:12 PM

This reminds me of a comedy routine by Patton Oswalt " Best Arguments Against Gay People ". Someone find it and share. I don't know how. But it's funny.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
No, I'm quite limber. Ask my husband.

Again, so what? The majority of fat people are gluttons, or at the very least, lazy and eat foods that are bad for them. If that is fat shaming, then so be it. It's simply the way it is. I assume, since you and a few others are so adamant about fat people being treated like everyone else (while advocating for the exact opposite with other things), that you are yourself overweight, or your family members are. Now, ask yourself, if this is a sin, why do I treat it differently?
At least you're honest. The biggest sin in your view is simply being fat.
Quote:

So it is all about the fact that you don't like gay people. Got it.
I certainly never said that.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
So, you're equating obesity with other sins? There is nothing in the Bible that addresses obesity. But it's interesting to see that apparently that's the unforgivable sin among your side.

Having said that, don't assume that because a church lets unqualified people serve in leadership that it's something God wants, or that it's correct.
Gluttony and obesity do not equate in your "mind?"

Gluttony and drunkardness are equated in Proverbs 23:21, and 23:2 suggests a glutton should cut his own throat.

You are proving how intellectual challenged you are with inability to see the relationship between gluttony and obesity. They may not ALWAYS be exactly the same, but they are certainly compatible with one another. And gluttony is not confined to food--it can be TV, sports, crafts, anything that occupies your time when you could be helping others.
Quote:
“If we are unable to control our eating habits, we are probably also unable to control other habits, such as those of the mind (lust, covetousness, anger) and unable to keep our mouths from gossip or strife.”
https://erlc.com/resource-library/ar...in-of-gluttony

And homosexuality is YOUR unpardonable sin for others. You continually harp on it along with jeffie, KJoe, and finnie.

So you definitely have a "hierarchy of sins, and I'd bet my last dollar not one of your own is in your top ten.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:33 PM

Maybe those stating homosexuals are guilty of a bigger sin are just in Fact gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity