Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2019, 11:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The only thing I stated as fact is that some Christians do not believe the Trinity doctrine. That is a fact.
So you claim, as fact, that some Christians worship a being they don't believe to be God.
Quote:

You can believe whatever you want. Being an inclusive place, this forum will recognize as Christian anybody that says the worship Jesus. Believe anything, but for the purpose of this forum, that is the definition we will use. You can have a different definition, but that doesn't change how the forum works.
Your virtue signaling aside, you are intolerant of those that disagree with you. That's not very inclusive of you.

You are now doubling down on the idea that some Christians worship a being they claim is not God. Way to own it.

Bottom line is that you really don't seem to have a clue what Christianity is about, nor do you seem to care. You seem to express joy in attacking those that hold to historical, traditional Christian doctrine. I find that quite sad.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:06 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you claim, as fact, that some Christians worship a being they don't believe to be God.

Your virtue signaling aside, you are intolerant of those that disagree with you. That's not very inclusive of you.

You are now doubling down on the idea that some Christians worship a being they claim is not God. Way to own it.

Bottom line is that you really don't seem to have a clue what Christianity is about, nor do you seem to care. You seem to express joy in attacking those that hold to historical, traditional Christian doctrine. I find that quite sad.
I don't know why you are attacking me for saying what some Christian denominations believe. I am not intolerant of people who disagree with me. I AM however intolerant of people who do not follow the forum rules. The forum rules insure that we are being as inclusive as we can be. Why don't you ask some non-Trinity believing Christians about their beliefs? Frankly, I don't believe that anything I say makes you sad.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you are attacking me for saying what some Christian denominations believe. I am not intolerant of people who disagree with me.
Of course you are. You've been very intolerant of me and others that hold to Biblical views. Ironically, you have favored those that have historically been among the most exclusive, who were founded on views that no other denomination or church could be true Christians.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Of course you are. You've been very intolerant of me and others that hold to Biblical views. Ironically, you have favored those that have historically been among the most exclusive, who were founded on views that no other denomination or church could be true Christians.

The problem here is your use off the phrase "hold to Biblical views." There are literally thousands of different interpretations of what a "Biblical" view is. You will probably disagree with that, but millions of Christians disagree with you, too, so I won't feel bad about that.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
The problem here is your use off the phrase "hold to Biblical views." There are literally thousands of different interpretations of what a "Biblical" view is. You will probably disagree with that, but millions of Christians disagree with you, too, so I won't feel bad about that.
That's the problem with someone that doesn't have a clue what the Bible actually teaching trying to tell others what a Christian is. You really don't know, do you?

Apply that idea to any area of life. Is there only 1 interpretation of Math? Does 2+2 = 4? Or is that something that we can simply disagree on? I mean, I understand your confusion. In a world where some believe there are 127 different genders, this may seem really strange to you to actually think some things are black and white. Your postmodern reasoning is the issue. Not the Bible.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
That's the problem with someone that doesn't have a clue what the Bible actually teaching trying to tell others what a Christian is. You really don't know, do you?

Apply that idea to any area of life. Is there only 1 interpretation of Math? Does 2+2 = 4? Or is that something that we can simply disagree on? I mean, I understand your confusion. In a world where some believe there are 127 different genders, this may seem really strange to you to actually think some things are black and white. Your postmodern reasoning is the issue. Not the Bible.
I think he know more and understands more than you, and you are the so called bible believer.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:

The Bible doesn't teach anything. People teach using what they read and interpret in the Bible. This very thread is an example of how people interpret things differently. This isn't science, like math. I have absolutely no confusion. You think your interpretation is the only possible correct one and therefore every other one is wrong. Millions of Christians disagree with you, and your interpretations of what you read in the Bible are not the only valid ways to read it.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
The Bible doesn't teach anything. People teach using what they read and interpret in the Bible. This very thread is an example of how people interpret things differently.
Right. One has to read and apply themself to understand it.
Quote:

This isn't science, like math.
Math doesn't teach anything. It requires people to use it. One has to read a textbook or learn it from someone.
Quote:

I have absolutely no confusion. You think your interpretation is the only possible correct one and therefore every other one is wrong. Millions of Christians disagree with you, and your interpretations of what you read in the Bible are not the only valid ways to read it.
I wish you'd stop lying about me. Honestly. Moderator cut: Trolling I've never said that my understanding is the only way. On several occasions, the most recent one I recall being the discussion of women deacons, I have said that I can be mistaken. You should try to be more tolerant. It would serve you well.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: That the member is a moderator is irrelevant to the conversation and said only to inflame.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting they're not the same God now?
So you accept what is written in the Koran then?

Cool!

Old 12-04-2019, 05:04 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, you have posted that gay people can go to heaven, only if they choose not to be gay, which they can't do. Your crusade is for gay people to be treated as second class.
No I didn't. I posted the video from Andrew Wommack who believes gay people can go to heaven. Of course, you had to give some kind of response so all you did was trash a good man of God with zero evidence.

I believe gay people should have all the rights as any other heterosexual citizen. And that includes the rights to have receive services for a straight wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity