Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You're wrong again. Very few divorces are caused by adultery. The vast majority of couple divorce simply because they don't like each other any more. The call it irreconcilable differences. You know that. I know that. Everybody reading this knows that. Yet, you're willing to make a cake for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th weddings for these people. Not to mention the unmarried woman wanting a cake for the baby shower, or the pregnant woman buying a wedding cake.

Why aren't you asking these people to prove that they aren't sinners before you take the order for the wedding cake?

(This has nothing to do with swingerrs or any other silly comparison you come up with. Just address these circumstances and tell us why you'd make the cakes. We already know you will make them, and probably deliver them too.)
why are you so worried about others? Why not simply live and let live? I can never understand why some people are just so bound and determined to force everyone else to endorse their lifestyle.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
why are you so worried about others? Why not simply live and let live? I can never understand why some people are just so bound and determined to force everyone else to endorse their lifestyle.
It's a concept called "equality." Advanced civilizations and evolved people believe it is an important concept.

Not a huge surprise that fundies don't.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Yet, it is not a lifestyle like that which you have endorsed, and want others to follow.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Yet, it is not a lifestyle like that which you have endorsed, and want others to follow.
Nor do I expect others to violate their consciences to endorse my lifestyle. You don't wish to be a Christian? Ok. That's your choice.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nor do I expect others to violate their consciences to endorse my lifestyle. You don't wish to be a Christian? Ok. That's your choice.
Yes, that is a choice, whereas, being born a certain way isn't.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, that is a choice, whereas, being born a certain way isn't.
The question is, why do you believe we should cater to some sins that people claim to be born with, but not others?

Old 12-06-2019, 11:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
The question is, why do you believe we should cater to some sins that people claim to be born with, but not others?
Try telling that to all the gluttoness Christians. I'm not baking you a cake because you need to shed a few pounds. The hypocrisy of fundies is astonishing.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Try telling that to all the gluttoness Christians. I'm not baking you a cake because you need to shed a few pounds. The hypocrisy of fundies is astonishing.
OK. So fat shaming is ok, but it's not ok to refuse to compromise my convictions in regards to catering a ceremony I object to?

I was born a large baby. I've been fat my whole life. I was born this way. Don't I get a pass?

Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
OK. So fat shaming is ok, but it's not ok to refuse to compromise my convictions in regards to catering a ceremony I object to?

I was born a large baby. I've been fat my whole life. I was born this way. Don't I get a pass?
No, not at all, a fat person calling out assumed sin in another is hypocrisy. I guess from your response you could cut down on how many donuts you eat.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Then, why are you shaming people for being born the way they are?

I have never seen a bakery turn anyone away for being overweight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity