Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 08:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you think Jesus would turn against His own people, then you know nothing about Him. Accusers like camps are aways AGAINST others, but Jesus is not and never will be. To suggest Jesus would join forces with such people and slander believers is a new low even from the usual suspects.
You obviously do not know the scriptures, Jesus Christ stood with adulterer AGAINST "the condemnation"(not the condemner) of the Torah quoters. Go back to your political forum, you're more suited to that than the things of God.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
If you think Jesus would turn against His own people, then you know nothing about Him. Accusers like camps are always AGAINST others, but Jesus is not and never will be. To suggest Jesus would join forces with such people and slander believers is a new low even from the usual suspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are the epitome of one of those who cast the woman caught in adultery down at the feet of Jesus, while quoting the bible to justify your condemnation. You thankfully are a dying breed. Jesus Christ is not impressed with your confession about the bible.
He was against or opposed the fundamentalists of his day, those who Mr. Jarber calls his people.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:30 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Did I call Pharisees His people? Pharisees were not Christians, so when you call people Pharisees you are telling them they are not even Christian. Did Pharisees treat Jesus the son of God, and savior? Did they reach out to Him for the forgiveness of their sins? Were they born again in Hs name?

None of the above, and contrary to Jerwades false claim, I said nothing about Pharisees. They murdered Him because they were so offended by His message, as are Jerwade, camps and many other people with an agenda here.

Let me say it again; if you think Jesus would ever turn against His people, those who have been born again in His name, then you know absolutely nothing about him. Would He join those who falsely accuse His people, mock them and slander their character? Not a chance. Those are sinful actions He warns His people to avoid, so there is no chance Jesus would commit them Himself.

It seems people have Jesus confused with Satan, because Satan would be happy to do all that, and he does. He would love nothing more than convince believers that Jesus might betray them and turn against them.

Folks, once you put your trust in Jesus, He will NEVER abandon you, let alone turn against you and throw rocks at him. This new "Jesus will betray you" line is a new low even for this forum.

This forum was an anti-Christian cess-pool of hate already and it just keeps got worse.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-11-2019 at 06:51 AM..

Old 12-11-2019, 06:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
If you think Jesus would turn against His own people, then you know nothing about Him. Accusers like camps are aways AGAINST others, but Jesus is not and never will be. To suggest Jesus would join forces with such people and slander believers is a new low even from the usual suspects.

Did Jesus lie and bear false witness AGAINST others? No, NEVER, and He never will.

One thing you can always count on is that as a believer He always has your back. ALWAYS. Anyone trying to tell you Jesus would betray a believer and join the scoffers is speaking for the other 'guy'. What motivates people to say such things is beyond me, but it maybe its simply that they are trying to invoke some kind of reaction from other posters. Its a new low either way.
Quote:
Did I call Pharisees His people? Pharisees were not Christians, so when you call people Pharisees you are telling them they are not even Christian. Did Pharisees treat Jesus the son of God, and savior? Did they reach out to Him for the forgiveness of their sins? Were they born again in Hs name?

None of the above, and contrary to Jerwades false claim, I said nothing about Pharisees. They murdered Him because they were so offended by His message, as are Jerwade, camps and many other people with an agenda here.

Let me say it again; if you think Jesus would eve turn against His people, those who have been born again in His name, then you know absolutely nothing about him. Would He join those who falsely accuse His people, mock them and slander their character? Not a chance. Those are sinful actions He warns His people to avoid, so there is no chance Jesus would commit them Himself.

It seems people have Jesus confused with Satan, because Satan would be happy to do all that, and he does. He would love nothing more than convince believers that Jesus might betray them and turn against them.

Folks, once you put your trust in Jesus, He will NEVER abandon you, let alone turn against you and throw rocks at him. This new "Jesus will betray you" line is a new low even for this forum.

This forum was an anti-Christian cess-pool of hate already and it just keeps got worse.
Lmao,there is nothing I find offensive in this life other than hypocrisy in religion and in politics. If you think the Pharisees were not his people, you are again proving you do not know the scriptures. He came to his own, who do you think the scriptures were referring to here?, exactly, those who "claimed to know him", because they supposedly had and knew the scriptures.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:21 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lmao,there is nothing I find offensive in this life other than hypocrisy in religion and in politics. If you think the Pharisees were not his people, you are again proving you do not know the scriptures. He came to his own, who do you think the scriptures were referring to here?, exactly, those who "claimed to know him", because they supposedly had and knew the scriptures.
Jesus was unable to convert the majority of Pharisees He encountered. He's unable to convert fundamentalists in any number either. Which makes you and I, pcamps, part of the FEW who got off the broad road and onto the narrow path.

Good post, sir! Too soon, but

Old 12-11-2019, 09:06 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Jesus was unable to convert the majority of Pharisees He encountered. He's unable to convert fundamentalists in any number either. Which makes you and I, pcamps, part of the FEW who got off the broad road and onto the narrow path.

Good post, sir! Too soon, but
That's a pretty low view of God to say that he couldn't do something. I certainly don't believe in such a weak and impotent god.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:08 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That's a pretty low view of God to say that he couldn't do something. I certainly don't believe in such a weak and impotent god.
No, just the small and petty one that condemns people for being with who they love and other things that a just and loving God would never do.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Um...remember when your god-thing was bested by an iron chariot? Not exactly awe-inspiring.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:52 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
I just saw this story about Elizabeth Smart's father coming out as gay.

https://www.comicsands.com/elizabeth...TIoWYWRWqjgLGM

It reminds me of somebody's repeated posts about lesbians having sex with men, as if that means they aren't really lesbians. This man fathered a child, yet he is, and was, a gay man.

I actually know a gay man who fathered a child many years ago.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I just saw this story about Elizabeth Smart's father coming out as gay.

https://www.comicsands.com/elizabeth...TIoWYWRWqjgLGM

It reminds me of somebody's repeated posts about lesbians having sex with men, as if that means they aren't really lesbians. This man fathered a child, yet he is, and was, a gay man.

I actually know a gay man who fathered a child many years ago.
Or maybe he is just someone that got bored with hetorsexual sex and decided he wanted something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity