Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 08:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You REALLY like the idea that that is all there is to "bigotry" don't you?it supports the idea that your bigotry is just a difference of opinion and really has nothing to do with causing real harm to reall people. Like the rest of your imagining it just won't fly: prejudice expressed causes real harm.
It may not support your agenda, but the definition of bigotry is this:

Bigotry = intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

You and your tribesmen here are prime examples of people who cannot tolerate different opinions.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

You and your tribesmen here are prime examples of people who cannot tolerate different opinions.
We cannot tolerate the intolerance exemplified by you and your fellow fundies.

We hate the haters. And only the haters.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:

You are extremely amusing, Mr. Jarber. And that makes you exempt from that of your definition? ROFLMAO

Definition of bigot: a person (such as yourself) who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. Especially, one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial, ethnic or their supposed characteristics) with hatred and intolerance.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:

You clearly cannot tolerate certain views (biblical news) here, so what does that make you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You REALLY like the idea that, that is all there is to "bigotry" don't you? It supports the idea that your bigotry is just a difference of opinion and really has nothing to do with causing real harm to real people. Like the rest of your imagining it just won't fly: prejudice expressed causes real harm.
Apparently, he does. And every instance of such judgment or opinion, regardless of the injury or harm.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:33 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:

You clearly cannot tolerate certain views (biblical news) here, so what does that make you?
It's clear you are accepting and tolerant towards harmful beliefs/opinions.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 5,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The only one who is not facing reality would be you, and your comparisons are not even close to that of discriminating against an individual because of their sexual orientation. There is a huge difference between that of a dress code. Or, you comparing them to pedophiles.
And of course, you won't explain the HUGE difference. Typical copout.

Old 11-24-2019, 12:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,745,281 times
Quote:

So why are you here if you aren't bigoted? All I've ever seen you post isn't a bit different from anything I post. You are a bigot and literally HATE being told your opinion is bigoted. Me, I don't give a rat's azz whether my opinion is bigoted toward bigoted people or not. I wear it with pride.

My "bigotry" has never caused anyone to commit suicide. Yours has. And don't say you aren't bigoted toward homosexuals because you DO call them sinners.

Quote:
Conservative Christians have long argued that their condemnations of homosexuality are couched in love, complete with the catchy slogan, “love the sinner, hate the sin.” But that message  —  that homosexuality is a sin  —  is harmful in and of itself.

Quote:
Some report fearing considerable shifts or losses in their core identity, role, purpose, and sense of order if they were to pursue an outward LGB identity. Some report difficulty coping with intense guilt over the failure to live a virtuous life and inability to stop committing unforgivable sins, as defined by their religion. Some struggled with their belief in God, perceiving that God was punishing or abandoning them  —  or would if they acted on their attractions; some expressed feelings of anger at the situation in which their God had placed them.
https://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...c-response.pdf

The report then explained how the research had found that all of these struggles came with mental health consequences. Individuals felt culpable, unacceptable, unforgiven, disillusioned, and great emotional distress  —  feelings that were associated with anxiety, panic disorders, depression, and suicidality.
https://thinkprogress.org/what-happe...-f2963a84d65b/

This is what makes you plain MEAN spirited. You don't give horse's dung for how it makes those "sinners" feel. That's why I spend most of my time attempting to make you bible idolators experience the same feeling of rejection you cause homosexuals.

You are truly a BAD person attempting to be a good person and fooling yourself into thinking you are. Incidentally, you can read about a bad person trying to be a good person in Phillip Roth's book, Portnoy's Complaint. Alex Portnoy is the antagonist and protagonist in Portnoy's Complaint. He is his own worst enemy.

You are your own worst enemy, Finn. I'm just Ha-Satan here to point out to God---and you---who you really are.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:41 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,003,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Tell us what every way and every where is? Do you wish to buy a cake whenever you go to a cake store? So do our homosexual friends.

You need to do your homework. Those bakers had sold cakes to homosexuals in the past, but those bigoted against Christians want to overlook that FACT.

Quote:
Rules against improper dress or tattoos apply to EVERYONE without exception. Your “side” wants the ability to discriminate against certain sexual practices that you won’t apply to everyone just those that occur in a homosexual relationship.

And your side wants to call quoting the Bible as discriminating.

Quote:
That’s bigotry no matter how much you may wish it weren’t and no matter how you try to justify it with your biblolatry. You aren’t innocent. Your very thoughts are an abomination to humanity.

I haven't read his thought on this subject, but I am going to backtrack and read some of them. I find you trying to paint all Christina with he brush of hate offensive. I will also read some of your earlier comments.

Do you get just as upset when some in this form express hatred and bigotry towards Christians? Anyone who only expresses hatred towards one group is a hypocrite.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:47 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,003,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
We cannot tolerate the intolerance exemplified by you and your fellow fundies.

That is amusing coming from you. You are very intolerant of Christians and Christianity and intolerance is the father of hate.

Quote:
We hate the haters. And only the haters.

Not from what I have seen. You only hate the ones who reject what you like.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
That is amusing coming from you. You are very intolerant of Christians and Christianity and intolerance is the father of hate.

Not from what I have seen. You only hate the ones who reject what you like.
I've read enough of your posts to know you add nothing of substance to any conversation. Thus, I don't give a rat's ass what your opinion is on any subject, let alone me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity