Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 02:37 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I agree, the Spirit that dwells within is my go to most of the time for questions, and guidance and my peace is sought there most often
Me too miss blue

I have an intellectual need to read, compare, discern, etc (I have always been a reader) but I also have an inner reaction to what I read (and hear) and I have learnt to listen to that, if there is disturbance I now leave it alone (it may not be time for it or it just may be bad) - I endeavour to keep my inner being focussed on that peace/tranquility while still using my limited intellectual abilities to try to understand things

I think this is what Paul was meaning here

1Co 2:12**Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13**Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14**But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The spirit is this, and that is the state we need to try to be in when interacting with others, or reading, etc

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Not this state

Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:

Oh: Nice to see you posting miss blue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Very well expressed, Meerkat and I totally agree with what you have presented.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:55 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
So much quoting man's word instead of Jesus word and teachings in this thread. A believers life is so much more peaceful when they follow only the path and teaching of Jesus in the four gospels, and what the Spirit has personally taught them, instead of the men who would be rulers over women in the letters written late after the Crucifixion. We were all created equal, despite our physical covering.
Didn’t Jesus choose 12 men?

Old 03-22-2021, 04:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What's your point? Is it that we should follow men?

Old 03-22-2021, 05:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Quote:

Yes, he did Jimmie..according to the bible,and if you believe it was fully breathed by God. I don't, but I do respect your choice.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
So much quoting man's word instead of Jesus word and teachings in this thread. A believers life is so much more peaceful when they follow only the path and teaching of Jesus in the four gospels, and what the Spirit has personally taught them, instead of the men who would be rulers over women in the letters written late after the Crucifixion. We were all created equal, despite our physical covering.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, he did Jimmie..according to the bible,and if you believe it was fully breathed by God. I don't, but I do respect your choice.
Wait. You said we should stick to the words of Jesus in the gospels. Then you say you don’t believe necessarily believe that. Which is it?

Old 03-22-2021, 05:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Wait. You said we should stick to the words of Jesus in the gospels. Then you say you don’t believe necessarily believe that. Which is it?
Don't be coy, Jimmie. You know she believes SOME of what is in the Bible. You mistakenly believe it ALL, ignoring and excusing all contradictions and inconsistencies to retain that BLIND belief. Miss Blue uses Jesus' descriptions, revelations, and unambiguous; demonstration of God's True Nature and His Holy Spirit of agape love to filter out the errors and corruptions of men from the Bible. She uses the "mind of Christ" to know the "mind of God." You use the Bible.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-22-2021 at 06:19 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 06:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't be coy, Jimmie.
That's his modus operandi.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:40 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
According to the MEN who wrote it down.

Seriously, though. It was a Jewish culture, which was, and is in some forms of Judaism, a patriarchal society. One would not expect women to be given a place in the story, even though they were likely very much a part of it.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
According to the MEN who wrote it down.
In the gospels, which Miss Blue said we believers should follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity