Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 06:42 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,855,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Heaven and hell are merely two inflectional points of an apparent path for all humanity called life and death.
Continue to gamble on your eternity that you are right and the word of the Lord is wrong; see where it gets you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are preaching the false Gospel. We are BOTH preaching the same goal - love of Christ, God, and each other every day and repentance when we fail. But your false Gospel impedes and interferes with the goal by invoking fear whereas mine amplifies and reinforces the goal by invoking love.
The origins of the gospel are found in the pages of holy scripture.

So, when you pick and choose what you believe is the gospel by picking and choosing out from holy scripture only the verses that you like, you are implementing smorgasrborg religion and are not taking the full message of what was taught by Jesus and the apostles, what Paul called "the whole counsel of God" in the book of Acts.

So then, because you are NOT preaching the whole counsel of God, the blood of men is on your head.

Whereas I can say to you the following.

Act 20:26, Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
Act 20:27, For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 08:36 AM

1,091 posts, read 280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The gospel is this: that Jesus died on the Cross as a propitiation for your sins (Romans 3:25, Romans 5:1, Romans 5:9).

His blood was shed to provide forgiveness for your soul.

He died in your place in order to satisfy the justice of God, so that the Lord might be able also to show mercy to you for that your sins have been punished in Christ on the Cross.

All you need do to appropriate that is to believe in Jesus and what He did for you; and to call upon His name (Romans 10:9-13), receiving Him and confessing Him as Lord.
What you've stated as "The gospel is this", is actually a strange gospel, though you've given some truth to it. Nowhere do you mention that Jesus was "buried and rose again the third day" according to the scriptures. Here is the actual Gospel that Paul proclaimed:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And here is what Paul said about those who would leave out the resurrection of Jesus, and call it the gospel:

1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

This is why you should not create your own gospel. If you don't believe in the resurrection, there is no imputation to righteousness:

Believe it my friend, believe the Gospel today.

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:13 AM

1,091 posts, read 280,603 times
Quote:
A person may be sealed with the Holy Ghost simply because of faith (Ephesians 1:13-14).

However, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

So, it is more a matter of resolving doubt than anything else.
It's not simply "may be sealed", but rather "were sealed" with the Holy Spirit. Look at the text:

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The word "sealed" is being translated from the Gk. verb "εσφÏαγισθητε", and is being used in the aorist tense, indicative mood. That is: The sealing of the Spirit has happened. It's a statement of fact and truth. The sealing of the Spirit has occurred and is not waiting for water baptism to make it happen.

If you think a person can be sealed with the Spirit, apart from faith in the Gospel, I believe you're mistaken. And, if it's really a matter of "resolving doubt", as you've said, then you should do what Paul said, believe and receive the Gospel, and then "STAND IN IT".

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Those who seek being "saved" apart from faith in the Gospel have believed in vain.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Rom 3:22 and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, —for there is no difference,

Believe the Gospel and stand in it my friend.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:47 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Continue to gamble on your eternity that you are right and the word of the Lord is wrong; see where it gets you.

The origins of the gospel are found in the pages of holy scripture.

So, when you pick and choose what you believe is the gospel by picking and choosing out from holy scripture only the verses that you like, you are implementing smorgasrborg religion and are not taking the full message of what was taught by Jesus and the apostles, what Paul called "the whole counsel of God" in the book of Acts.

So then, because you are NOT preaching the whole counsel of God, the blood of men is on your head.
I do NOT pick and choose what I like. I pick and choose what is compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. So it is the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ who does the picking for me.

So then, because you are NOT choosing what is compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ, the blood of men is on your head

Old 07-12-2021, 06:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Heaven and hell are merely two inflectional points of an apparent path for all humanity called life and death.
Quote:
There is no spirit of fear within us, as love casts out all fear.

The only exception is the atmosphere of your fearmongering.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
What you've stated as "The gospel is this", is actually a strange gospel, though you've given some truth to it. Nowhere do you mention that Jesus was "buried and rose again the third day" according to the scriptures. Here is the actual Gospel that Paul proclaimed:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And here is what Paul said about those who would leave out the resurrection of Jesus, and call it the gospel:

1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

This is why you should not create your own gospel. If you don't believe in the resurrection, there is no imputation to righteousness:

Believe it my friend, believe the Gospel today.

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Yes, I do not deny that the burial and resurrection of Christ is an aspect of the gospel as it was given by Paul;

But I will say this;

Paul, when he was first among the Corinthians, did not preach the burial and resurrection of Christ as much as he did the crucifixion of Christ.

He determined to know nothing among them other than Jesus Christ and Him crucified (1 Corinthians 2:2).

Quote:
I do NOT pick and choose what I like. I pick and choose what is compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. So it is the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ who does the picking for me.

So then, because you are NOT choosing what is compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ, the blood of men is on your head
You cannot be certain that your flesh isn't involved in the process of your picking and choosing.

If you think that in your every decision of what you are going to believe or not believe concerning the holy scriptures, you are always led of the Holy Spirit;

I would say that this amounts to nothing less than arrogance and foolish pride.

I will pray that the Holy Ghost really testifies to you what in holy scripture is viable.

And because of this prayer, I believe that you will eventually see that

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do not deny that the burial and resurrection of Christ is an aspect of the gospel as it was given by Paul;

But I will say this;

Paul, when he was first among the Corinthians, did not preach the burial and resurrection of Christ as much as he did the crucifixion of Christ.

He determined to know nothing among them other than Jesus Christ and Him crucified (1 Corinthians 2:2).

You cannot be certain that your flesh isn't involved in the process of your picking and choosing.

If you think that in your every decision of what you are going to believe or not believe concerning the holy scriptures, you are always led of the Holy Spirit;

I would say that this amounts to nothing less than arrogance and foolish pride.

I will pray that the Holy Ghost really testifies to you what in holy scripture is viable.

And because of this prayer, I believe that you will eventually see that

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
All scripture has to be tested against God's Holy Spirit of agape love to be sure it is scripture. You don't bother so your understanding is suspect, not mine. Jesus provided clear and unambiguous descriptions and demonstration of God's Holy Spirit so you have no excuse for your failure to test the spirit of what you think is scripture.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
All scripture has to be tested against God's Holy Spirit of agape love to be sure it is scripture. You don't bother so your understanding is suspect, not mine. Jesus provided clear and unambiguous descriptions and demonstration of God's Holy Spirit so you have no excuse for your failure to test the spirit of what you think is scripture.
2Co 10:3, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4, (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
2Co 10:5, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Old 07-12-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
How does 2 Timothy 3:15-17 fly according to your test?

Is it not according to God's Holy Spirit of agape love?

If it isn't, what is it about the verses in question that aren't in conjunction with that Spirit?

Old 07-12-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
How does 2 Timothy 3:15-17 fly according to your test?

Is it not according to God's Holy Spirit of agape love?

If it isn't, what is it about the verses in question that aren't in conjunction with that Spirit?
There is no conflict. But agape love is the test that helps us to know what IS scripture and what is not. When you ignore it and accept everything as scripture you are misled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity