Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 11:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,849,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
We firmly disagree my friend. I see you are still stuck on this baptism thing.

Early teaching in life dies hard. I can show you all the day long, but until He shows you..........
The doctrine really does not matter in the slightest from my point of view. Because I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

But if I am right and you are wrong, it will matter and make a difference for those who have not yet been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; if they take the step and "get this one done".

If I am correct, they can receive this sacrament and will be saved if they were not previously saved.

So, I encourage the reader to find a Oneness church and receive this sacrament from them, if there is any doubt in the reader's mind as to whether they are eternally secure in Christ. Baptism in Jesus' Name will procure the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38-39) as a seal on that person's life (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5). You don't necessarily have to buy into their understanding of the Trinity.

I will say that salvation through baptism happens through "the faith of the operation of God". And that therefore, if someone is baptized and yet has no faith in Jesus Christ or in the operation that takes place through baptism, they are merely getting wet.

However, I believe that when the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is invoked in baptism, that this sets a precedent for future faith if the faith is not immediate when the person is being baptized in Jesus' Name. There is power in the name of Jesus whether faith is immediate or whether it comes later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 11:11 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Spiritual baptism into Christ is the circumcision of the heart.

It is the new birth in Christ! Circumcision of the heart is the removal of the foreskin of the heart that Jeremiah spoke of in Jer. 4:4,

"Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings."
I think you are stretching it too far.

Removal of foreskin seems different than immersing into Christ.

Both are important - I just don't think they are the same.

I will leave it there.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:20 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,326,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think you are stretching it too far.

Removal of foreskin seems different than immersing into Christ.

Both are important - I just don't think they are the same.

I will leave it there.
That's probably best, Rob. There are many things we all see differently.

I was talking to a dear friend not long ago and we were discussing "are there any two believers in the world who believe the same thing from Gen. to Rev.?"

I don't think there is if you express the word "exactly!"

Old 07-08-2021, 12:23 PM

63,854 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The doctrine really does not matter in the slightest from my point of view. Because I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

But if I am right and you are wrong, it will matter and make a difference for those who have not yet been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; if they take the step and "get this one done".

If I am correct, they can receive this sacrament and will be saved if they were not previously saved.

So, I encourage the reader to find a Oneness church and receive this sacrament from them, if there is any doubt in the reader's mind as to whether they are eternally secure in Christ. Baptism in Jesus' Name will procure the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38-39) as a seal on that person's life (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5). You don't necessarily have to buy into their understanding of the Trinity.

I will say that salvation through baptism happens through "the faith of the operation of God". And that therefore, if someone is baptized and yet has no faith in Jesus Christ or in the operation that takes place through baptism, they are merely getting wet.

However, I believe that when the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is invoked in baptism, that this sets a precedent for future faith if the faith is not immediate when the person is being baptized in Jesus' Name. There is power in the name of Jesus whether faith is immediate or whether it comes later.
Whatever you do, don't forget Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo because the thingamabob that does the job is Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!!! Stop this nonsense of thinking WE have anything to do with our salvation. We don't! Jesus has saved us, period. We just need to be sanctified under His perfect agape love (Grace) by loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:22 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Whatever you do, don't forget Bibiddi Bobiddi Boo because the thingamabob that does the job is Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!!! Stop this nonsense of thinking WE have anything to do with our salvation. We don't! Jesus has saved us, period. We just need to be sanctified under His perfect agape love (Grace) by loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't.
These things are the image/symbol (that they can see and relate to) that get people to focus/gather together - in themselves they do not “do†anything

The point is to get focused and then we move on to 1st asking, 2nd seeking, 3rd knocking

Mat 7:7**Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8**For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Mat 7:9**Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10**Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
Mat 7:11**If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

A lot of people are stuck at the arguing stage, or revert back to the arguing - instead of moving on to the sharing stage, which comes after ask, seek, knock

But there seems to be a cycle in that after we have shared we then need to ask, seek, knock for more bread (information)

The word is to be shared

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-08-2021 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
The fact that baptism in Jesus' Name requires that a man of God put you under the water means that Acts 2:38 salvation is none of me and all of God. I cannot make it happen on my own but the opportunity has to be provided to me. I have to be predestinated to receiving Acts 2:38 salvation if I am going to receive it. Then, I will be called. And the conditional promise is "to as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:38-39) Once I am called, I will be justified; and the final result is glorification (Romans 8:30).

Old 07-08-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
The fact that baptism in Jesus' Name requires that a man of God put you under the water means that Acts 2:38 salvation is none of me and all of God. I cannot make it happen on my own but the opportunity has to be provided to me. I have to be predestinated to receiving Acts 2:38 salvation if I am going to receive it. Then, I will be called. And the conditional promise is "to as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:38-39) Once I am called, I will be justified; and the final result is glorification (Romans 8:30).
Well, I had NONE of that folderol and I unambiguously was called, so forgive me if I don't believe ANY of it is necessary!!! God is available within each of us if we are receptive to Him and we achieve states of mind resonant with His - which is agape love. Any state of mind that is opposite of agape will block Him from your mind. I hesitate to speculate about who or what you DO contact when in those opposite states of mind.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Well, I had NONE of that folderol and I unambiguously was called, so forgive me if I don't believe ANY of it is necessary!!! God is available within each of us if we are receptive to Him and we achieve states of mind resonant with His - which is agape love. Any state of mind that is opposite of agape will block Him from your mind. I hesitate to speculate about who or what you DO contact when in those opposite states of mind.
You were not called to the true faith of Jesus Christ; for you purport a false gospel, and I find in Galatians 1:6-9 that I ought to allow you to remain accursed for preaching such a gospel.

Nevertheless, because I care about your eternal destiny, I will continue to pray for you that you might come to the knowledge of the truth; and I will continue to interact with you in the hopes that you will see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
You were not called to the true faith of Jesus Christ; for you purport a false gospel, and I find in Galatians 1:6-9 that I ought to allow you to remain accursed for preaching such a gospel.

Nevertheless, because I care about your eternal destiny, I will continue to pray for you that you might come to the knowledge of the truth; and I will continue to interact with you in the hopes that you will see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.
I appreciate your concern, but I do not believe you have seen or perceive the actual glory of Christ since your beliefs blaspheme His glory, IMO. I will continue to pray that you see the light of Christ's agape love and abandon your Bad News Gospel of demons and damnation.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your concern, but I do not believe you have seen or perceive the actual glory of Christ since your beliefs blaspheme His glory, IMO. I will continue to pray that you see the light of Christ's agape love and abandon your Bad News Gospel of demons and damnation.
I am not going to stop believing that the Bible is the word of God in its entirety only to replace it with your smorgasborg religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity