Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 09:00 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The ongoing nature of baptism is revealed by Jesus talking about how distressed He was during His baptism of the Holy Spirit that He was undergoing AFTER His water baptism by John for the benefit of the public.

Luke 12:50 (New King James Version)

50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished!

The baptism Jesus was to be baptized with was to overcome and endure even His torture and death with the perfect agape love of God (Holy Spirit) and be reborn as Spirit (Holy Spirit). That is why we are told to overcome and endure this life with agape love until our death and rebirth as Spirit.

THAT is the real baptism under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter). This is the purpose of the baptism of the Holy Spirit that Jesus brought to us - to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't under His grace so we will be reborn after death as Spirit.

Romans 6:4 (King James Version)

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, we also should walk in newness of life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Were you taught this or is all of this from your revelation? In all my years of study I have never heard of such a thing.
I was not taught this, Charlie. It is directly attributable to my encounter with the True Nature of God as demonstrated by Jesus. I reinterpreted the Bible using the True Nature of God instead of the nature of the Israelite War God. You should try it, Charlie.

You will be amazed how much of the Bible confirms what I have been saying when you stop thinking of God as a wrathful, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifices. Jesus' Gospel really IS Good News, NOT Bad News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 09:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
I was not taught this, Charlie. It is directly attributable to my encounter with the True Nature of God as demonstrated by Jesus. I reinterpreted the Bible using the True Nature of God instead of the nature of the Israelite War God. You should try it, Charlie.

You will be amazed how much of the Bible confirms what I have been saying when you stop thinking of God as a wrathful, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifices. Jesus' Gospel really IS Good News, NOT Bad News.
I'm well aware of what's not in scripture that you've been talking about!

You can take all the good and hype it up beyond scripture, you'll also pay the price!

Or you can take all the scripture and be honest with yourself and man.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I'm well aware of what's not in scripture that you've been talking about!
You can take all the good and hype it up beyond scripture, you'll also pay the price!
Or you can take all the scripture and be honest with yourself and man.
I just showed you what is in scripture that you never heard of despite knowing scripture as well as you do. It is all in HOW you interpret it and under what CONTEXT of God you are using to do so.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I just showed you what is in scripture that you never heard of despite knowing scripture as well as you do. It is all in HOW you interpret it and under what CONTEXT of God you are using to do so.
No where in scripture do I see we are to deny the words of Christ as you do.

No where in scripture do I see Hell is not to be taken literally as a place of torment.

No where in scripture do I see we can't trust the authors of scripture.

What I do see in scripture is the demand for and dependence of faith in Christ and not dependence on agape love.

What I do see in scripture is that the agape love is a fruit of the Spirit and taught to us who follow Christ.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
No where in scripture do I see we are to deny the words of Christ as you do.

No where in scripture do I see Hell is not to be taken literally as a place of torment.

No where in scripture do I see we can't trust the authors of scripture.

What I do see in scripture is the demand for and dependence of faith in Christ and not dependence on agape love.

What I do see in scripture is that the agape love is a fruit of the Spirit and taught to us who follow Christ.
Our attempts to live our lives out of agape love is HOW we show our FAITH in Christ, Charlie. You have the sequence backward.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Our attempts to live our lives out of agape love is HOW we show our FAITH in Christ, Charlie. You have the sequence backward.
Where does it say we are to live our lives out of agape love? It sounds good but not scripture!

We are to live our lives out of faith.

Have you ever heard the scripture verses in Romans and Hebrews?

"The just shall live by faith" It doesn't say the just shall live by agape love!

We are taught that as we are cleaned up by the Holy Spirit.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:31 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Where does it say we are to live our lives out of agape love? It sounds good but not scripture!

We are to live our lives out of faith.

Have you ever heard the scripture verses in Romans and Hebrews?

"The just shall live by faith" It doesn't say the just shall live by agape love!

We are taught that as we are cleaned up by the Holy Spirit.
This is the place

Gal 5:16**This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17**For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18**But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You are looking to the law of your denomination for your instructions, which is ok for you ........but you really should not be trying to instruct others .... or judging others

Rom 14:4**Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5**One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6**He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7**For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8**For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9**For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Rom 14:10**But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11**For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12**So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
This is the place

Gal 5:16**This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17**For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18**But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You are looking to the law of your denomination for your instructions, which is ok for you ........but you really should not be trying to instruct others .... or judging others

Rom 14:4**Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5**One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6**He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7**For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8**For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9**For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Rom 14:10**But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11**For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12**So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
OK, Meer, you can judge me later but right now show me in scripture where we are live our lives out of agape love and not out of faith!

Old 07-09-2021, 10:52 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,383,053 times
Quote:
OK, Meer, you can judge me later but right now show me in scripture where we are live our lives out of agape love and not out of faith!
John 13:34 - I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.

Repeated also at John 15:12, 1 John 3:11, 1 Cor. 13:1-13, Rom. 13:10, Matt. 22:37-39

Last edited by CCCyou; 07-09-2021 at 11:14 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
John 13:34 - I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.
Are we called to faith in Christ or agape love in Christ?

This commandment you have given is the second commandment.

The first and greatest is love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul and mind.

But "the just shall live by faith" not by agape love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity