Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 12:29 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Now, we are not hindering anyone from entering in to the kingdom; in fact we are attempting to hand salvation to you on a silver platter.

But it seems to me that you are unwilling to receive that salvation; which comes as easy as pie.
You seem completely oblivious to the fact that the offer you make is a Godfather offer - accept this OR ELSE! How on earth can you possibly even consider that a legitimate offer from Jesus as He unambiguously represented our loving Father???? In my estimation, your minds simply don't work right! They seem to have been permanently corrupted by your strong indoctrination into the ancient religious dogma.

My heart breaks for the Christians (and the Jews and Muslims) who have been fed that barbaric ancient nonsense about a wrathful, vengeful War God and His eternal Hell and damnation! It is a travesty. God definitely has to be long-suffering waiting millennia for our ignorant species to wake up and smell the roses!!! How on earth has this absurd dogma been accepted for so long????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 10:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You seem completely oblivious to the fact that the offer you make is a Godfather offer - accept this OR ELSE! How on earth can you possibly even consider that a legitimate offer from Jesus as He unambiguously represented our loving Father???? In my estimation, your minds simply don't work right! They seem to have been permanently corrupted by your strong indoctrination into the ancient religious dogma.

My heart breaks for the Christians (and the Jews and Muslims) who have been fed that barbaric ancient nonsense about a wrathful, vengeful War God and His eternal Hell and damnation! It is a travesty. God definitely has to be long-suffering waiting millennia for our ignorant species to wake up and smell the roses!!! How on earth has this absurd dogma been accepted for so long????
And if God is longsuffering, do you think that He is going to suffer for ever since He is Omnipotent?

There will come a moment wherein His patience will even wear thin and He will at that point execute His wrath on those who do what displeases Him.

(while we may disagree on what those things are; I for one do not believe that He is displeased when we accurately represent Him as having a personality and as being angry at sin).

Old 07-06-2021, 12:22 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:

Mar 10:15, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk 18:17, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:00 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:

John 3:36

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

I'm beginning to believe there is no hope for some. If just one person will see this truth and turn from their ways to God's ways, all this will be well worth while.

If man chooses to remain in his sin God will let him remain in his sin. But let it be known, the wrath of God is on that person and the consequences are eternal.

There are some who deny this truth and teaching others the same, despite it plainly written in scripture over and over again. The wrath of God is on these people and they will see it just as sure as God said it!

Old 07-06-2021, 08:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
John 3:36

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

I'm beginning to believe there is no hope for some. If just one person will see this truth and turn from their ways to God's ways, all this will be well worth while.

If man chooses to remain in his sin God will let him remain in his sin. But let it be known, the wrath of God is on that person and the consequences are eternal.

There are some who deny this truth and teaching others the same, despite it plainly written in scripture over and over again. The wrath of God is on these people and they will see it just as sure as God said it!
That appears to be your world view, not everyone else's.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:17 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Seeing you are selective about the things the scriptures each, are you selective too concerning those things the Holy Spirit might try to teach you as well?
God's mercy and judgment are just. And just as the righteous are blessed the rebellious are rejected, particularly those that resist God's provision; forgiveness, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Fellowship with God.
Riding independently from the tutelage of the Holy Spirit, relying on the wisdom of men, does not lead one in His Lordship. Jesus provided the Holy Spirit and the church relied upon the Holy Spirit long before the new testament was written. Good intentions do not always produce righteousness.
Obedience to God on a personal level does however produce the righteousness He seeks in us.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:23 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Seeing you are selective about the things the scriptures each, are you selective too concerning those things the Holy Spirit might try to teach you as well?
God's mercy and judgment are just. And just as the righteous are blessed the rebellious are rejected, particularly those that resist God's provision; forgiveness, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Fellowship with God.
Riding independently from the tutelage of the Holy Spirit, relying on the wisdom of men, does not lead one in His Lordship. Jesus provided the Holy Spirit and the church relied upon the Holy Spirit long before the new testament was written. Good intentions do not always produce righteousness.
Obedience to God on a personal level does however produce the righteousness He seeks in us.
many are trying to purge Canaan.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:47 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
Mar 10:15, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk 18:17, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
1"My little children, I am writing these thing..." it is actually terminology, not just generic child...
if i am remember it correctly, that's how hierophant called his initiated.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:27 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Quote:
And if God is longsuffering, do you think that He is going to suffer for ever since He is Omnipotent?

There will come a moment wherein His patience will even wear thin and He will at that point execute His wrath on those who do what displeases Him.

(while we may disagree on what those things are; I for one do not believe that He is displeased when we accurately represent Him as having a personality and as being angry at sin).
First, anger is a human emotion that is the result of our human weaknesses and God does NOT possess those weaknesses. Second, Jesus unambiguously presented the personality of God with His very life so there can be no doubt about what God's personality IS. Your beliefs about God blaspheme and do NOT accurately present the personality revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.

Finally, Jesus said God is NOT counting our sins against us so your nonsense about God being angry is just that. I am fairly certain there will be unpleasant consequences for your fear-mongering and misleading others about God. Oh well, at least the consequences will not be eternal.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:13 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
In the new testament alone there are more than 50 references to God's wrath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity