Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 09:24 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Gen. 3:6

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

This is the first example in scripture of mans straight out disobedience of God's word. Even after God had told them, if you eat of this tree you will surely die!

"She saw that the tree was good for food" presents the lust of the eyes.

"It was pleasant to the eyes" presents the lust of the flesh.

"The tree was desired to make one wise" presents the pride of life.

This is the way we all sin! This is what man will naturally do when left on his own.

They didn't desire to know more of their Creator, they desired the lust of the flesh.

There's not a single one of us, when being honest with oneself, who doesn't have a particular sin we are drawn to through the lust of eyes, the flesh, and the pride of life.

The lust toward that sin will increase, it never remains at the same level, ever increasing to destroy you. That is the desire of Satan, to separate you from your Creator and destroy you!

He is the one who brought sin into this world and by it he holds man captive.

But the Lord Jesus Christ is His mercy turned all that around, He came to deliver the captive from his sin, from his self-destruction. He became a man on this earth as was Adam and untied that bondage to sin for us by paying our sin debt and setting us free, for those who will have the courage to just believe Him.

If you have a bondage that has overtaken you and you despise it, I am pointing you the One who can deliver you and set you free from that bondage. What He has done for untold millions, He can do for you!

Jer. 33:3

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 09:32 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
"The current Evangelical Theology involves in its system belief in the deathlessness of sin, the indestructibility of error, and permanence of evil. That though there was a time in the history of the universe when sin in any shape or form did not exist, when no cry of pain or sense of guilt darkened the all-extensive bliss and holiness of creation, yet since sin has once effected an entrance into such a scene, it has come in never to go out again, indestructible, unconquerable, ineradicable, endless. Absolute happiness and sinlessness have forever vanished like the phantom of a dream. The eternal state is a universe endlessly finding room for myriads of souls rolling and writhing in the burning agonies of ceaseless flame, eternally sinful, vile and morally hideous. It pictures the final perfection yet to be attained as having room for a vast cesspool of immoral and degraded beings, continually existing in opposition to God." ~Vladimir Gelesnoff

Old 07-07-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"The current Evangelical Theology involves in its system belief in the deathlessness of sin, the indestructibility of error, and permanence of evil. That though there was a time in the history of the universe when sin in any shape or form did not exist, when no cry of pain or sense of guilt darkened the all-extensive bliss and holiness of creation, yet since sin has once effected an entrance into such a scene, it has come in never to go out again, indestructible, unconquerable, ineradicable, endless. Absolute happiness and sinlessness have forever vanished like the phantom of a dream. The eternal state is a universe endlessly finding room for myriads of souls rolling and writhing in the burning agonies of ceaseless flame, eternally sinful, vile and morally hideous. It pictures the final perfection yet to be attained as having room for a vast cesspool of immoral and degraded beings, continually existing in opposition to God." ~Vladimir Gelesnoff
Depart from me Satan, for greater is He who is within me that he who is in the world!

Old 07-07-2021, 09:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
I'm not tempted to sin.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm not tempted to sin.
Yes, you are the exception, Trout! You are greater than the god-thing!

Old 07-07-2021, 10:17 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Depart from me Satan, for greater is He who is within me that he who is in the world!
Who are you talking to? Because I know you can't possibly be saying that to another CD member, especially such a kind Christian soul as Rose2luv.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:19 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
I'm too old to be lured by sin anymore.

Last edited by trobesmom; 07-07-2021 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-07-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Who are you talking to? Because I know you can't possibly be saying that to another CD member, especially such a kind Christian soul as Rose2luv.
I'm talking to the spirit of Satan, always present.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:21 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Ah, very clever response.

So, to the topic, what sins lure YOU, Charlie?

Old 07-07-2021, 10:23 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Only in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity