Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 04:21 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
2Co 5:7, (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )

Now that ought to change your point of view; but only if you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of the Lord.

If you don't, it is still sharper than any two-edged sword; so i don't need to argue with you about how sharp it is in order to prove its sharpness; all I have to do is stick you with it.

I'm sure He did. Jesus was and is perfect.

You are advocating smorgasborg religion.
God Will Swallow Up Death Forever
Isa 25:1**O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Isa 25:2**For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
Isa 25:3**Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.
Isa 25:4**For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Isa 25:5**Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
Isa 25:6**And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
Isa 25:7**And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
Isa 25:8**He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Isa 25:9**And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Isa 25:10**For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the dunghill.
Isa 25:11**And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth his hands to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their hands.
Isa 25:12**And the fortress of the high fort of thy walls shall he bring down, lay low, and bring to the ground, even to the dust.

I do see a smorgasbord referred to in Scripture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 04:26 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
There's only a "lure" to sin if you're weak-minded. You have to allow it to control you, and/or allow yourself to be a victim of it. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to participate in it.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-09-2021 at 04:38 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
There's only a "lure" to sin if you're weak-minded. You have to allow it to control you, and/or allow yourself to be a victim of it. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to participate in it.
Yep

Old 07-09-2021, 04:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You're advocating Christ by denying His words of Judgement, pretending they don't exist?
Oh, that clears up everything, Mystic!
I am despairing of ever clearing things up for you or JBF. Your minds don't work properly! We will face consequences but they have nothing to do with any judgment. They are the natural spiritual consequences of OUR choices and decisions in this life, Charlie. They are NOT punishments. God wants us to develop properly so we do NOT face those spiritual consequences as any good Father would want. He certainly is NOT imposing them on us as punishment!!!

Old 07-09-2021, 05:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am despairing of ever clearing things up for you or JBF. Your minds don't work properly! We will face consequences but they have nothing to do with any judgment. They are the natural spiritual consequences of OUR choices and decisions in this life, Charlie. They are NOT punishments. God wants us to develop properly so we do NOT face those spiritual consequences as any good Father would want. He certainly is NOT imposing them on us as punishment!!!
Sounds like punishment to me, but my mind doesn't work properly.

Luke 12:5

"But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!"

Is this punishment or is my mind not working?

Old 07-09-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
The only punishment is of the bad character in our nature/soul that leads to harmful actions, the good character remains - through practicing and overcoming

The whole man is not punished as such

Heb 4:10**For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11**Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12**For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13**Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:31 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
No, I am advocating the CHRISTian religion, NOT the BIBLEian religion. The CHRISTian religion is ONLY compatible with the revelations and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit by Jesus CHRIST, NOT the Israelite War God or the Moloch-type God described in the Bible.
Again, Jesus indirectly gave credence to all of the Bible in John 14:26, 16:13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
God Will Swallow Up Death Forever
Isa 25:1**O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Isa 25:2**For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
Isa 25:3**Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.
Isa 25:4**For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Isa 25:5**Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
Isa 25:6**And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
Isa 25:7**And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
Isa 25:8**He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Isa 25:9**And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Isa 25:10**For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the dunghill.
Isa 25:11**And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth his hands to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their hands.
Isa 25:12**And the fortress of the high fort of thy walls shall he bring down, lay low, and bring to the ground, even to the dust.

Obviously this is not in contradiction to what it says in Romans.

Rom 11:9, And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10, Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Or, the thing that I commonly quote from Matthew.

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

For if "everlasting" here means "age-abiding", then John 3:16 only promises "age-abiding" life;...

And your spiritual life that you have received from God, if you have received it, will end when the age ends.

Again, we are currently in the age of grace; which will end when the Great Tribulation begins.

So, as soon as the age of grace ends, your spiritual life will end.

That means that you will go through the Great Tribulation (read the Book of Revelation for details).

Old 07-09-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Again, Jesus indirectly gave credence to all of the Bible in John 14:26, 16:13.

Obviously this is not in contradiction to what it says in Romans.

Rom 11:9, And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10, Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Or, the thing that I commonly quote from Matthew.

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

For if "everlasting" here means "age-abiding", then John 3:16 only promises "age-abiding" life;...

And your spiritual life that you have received from God, if you have received it, will end when the age ends.

Again, we are currently in the age of grace; which will end when the Great Tribulation begins.

So, as soon as the age of grace ends, your spiritual life will end.

That means that you will go through the Great Tribulation (read the Book of Revelation for details).
The life given is not related/limited to time/space - it is essentially different and we are able to see/perceive it now “dimly”

Generations are limited, the new covenant is unlimited

The Ten Commandments
Deu 5:1**And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
Deu 5:2**The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3**The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:4**The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5**(I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount; saying,
Deu 5:6**I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7**Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deu 5:8**Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deu 5:9**Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deu 5:10**And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Finite/infinite are not comparable

Old 07-09-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
The life given is not related to time/space - it is essentially different and we are able to see/perceive it now “dimly”
Since that is the case, the punishment that is given (Matthew 25:46) also is not related to time/space.

It is eternal punishment.

Disregard this warning at your own risk.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
The Bible tells us that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

"smorgasborg religion" picks and chooses out of the Bible what it wants to believe and feels justified in rejecting certain doctrines in the Bible.

Why study the Bible at all? Make up your own religion and use your own words to describe it instead of stealing words from Jesus Christ and the apostles to make up your own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity