Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 12:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't mind sarcasm, it's ignorance that is disturbing. You still have not addressed why the Lake (of fire) is a place of safety, a refuge or haven, according to the Greek language, not the false interpretation of hellfire and damnation that you believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If it is a place of safety, why is there "wailing and gnashing of teeth" therein?

I will say again that 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv) gives us a biblical hermeneutic that we are to follow.

So, when we compare spiritual things with spiritual, and combine Matthew 13:41-42 and Matthew 13:49-50 with Matthew 25:46, we find that there is an everlasting punishment coming for the sinner that is defined by "wailing and gnashing of teeth"
Quote:
I have no doubt that you will experience the psychological anguish of wailing and gnashing your teeth, while in the safety and presence of Christ Jesus as he removes that false ideology that you hold dear to your mind and heart. Especially, when you realize the errors of your thoughts, deeds, and actions as you have attempted to lead many astray in your ignorance or lack of knowledge. And you have absolutely no spiritual discernment, nor wisdom for that matter.
Quote:
If Jesus Himself tells me that He really meant "age-abiding" torments in Matthew 25:46, then I will believe Him immediately and will not have to experience any psychological anguish.

However, I don't think that He meant that; because IF He meant that, then in John 3:16, He meant to promise mere "age-abiding" life; and that would seem to me to be life that ends when the age ends.

Since we are currently in the age of grace; which will end when the Great Tribulation starts; I think that by that time, if you are correct, my "age-abiding" life will have ended; therefore I will be dead as concerning everlasting life.

So, at that point, I will either cease to have consciousness or else my consciousness will continue in a form that is not defined by life.

What might my consciousness experience if it is not experiencing life?

I think that it would have to be the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" that is spoken of by Jesus Christ;

And therefore, there is condemnation for all those who have "age-abiding" life; since when that life ends, they will experience "wailing and gnashing of teeth". And how long will that experience last? To the end of the next age? Will there then be an age of bliss that will also end; since there is also mere age-abiding life in that age? And what comes after? Another age of "wailing and gnashing of teeth".

So, it appears that the ultimate conclusion of your theology is that we will go from age to age, from bliss to torment to bliss to torment to bliss to torment, ad infinitum.

This is your good news?
I thought Charlie said he was bringing someone to the forum that everyone would run from? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, neither do you understand the age(s). The underlined is the stupidest, and most ignorant thing that I have heard a person say, but then again, you have no comprehension, whatsoever.

Be careful when pulling the petals from that flower of, he loves me, he loves me, not.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-12-2021 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 06:44 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,842,411 times
Quote:
I thought Charlie said he was bringing someone to the forum that everyone would run from? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, neither do you understand the age(s). The underlined is the stupidest, and most ignorant thing that I have heard a person say, but then again, you have no comprehension, whatsoever.

Be careful when pulling the petals from that flower of, he loves me, he loves me, not.
I think that you have not thought out your theology well enough to be able to clearly see what the logical conclusion of it really is.

The underlined may appear to be stupid or ignorant; but it is the logical conclusion of your theology if you will take the time to really think about it.

"Age-abiding life" "Age-abiding torments"

When age-abiding life ends, what is the experience of that person?

Does he continue to have consciousness?

Old 07-12-2021, 06:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,726 times
LOL, some don't have enough sense to run, they're like a Timex, they take a licking and keep on ticking, keep coming back for more! LOL

Old 07-12-2021, 07:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:

Quote:
I think that you have not thought out your theology well enough to be able to clearly see what the logical conclusion of it really is.

The underlined may appear to be stupid or ignorant; but it is the logical conclusion of your theology if you will take the time to really think about it.

"Age-abiding life" "Age-abiding torments"

When age-abiding life ends, what is the experience of that person?

Does he continue to have consciousness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
LOL, some don't have enough sense to run, they're like a Timex, they take a licking and keep on ticking, keep coming back for more! LOL
And those like the two of you, have very little to no understanding.
Especially, if you believe that what you said was a logical conclusion?

Old 07-12-2021, 07:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,842,411 times
Quote:
And those like the two of you, have very little to no understanding.
Especially, if you believe that what you said was a logical conclusion?
Think it out, if you dare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity