Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:24 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That is just so, so tragic. And I'm assuming that if your mother is still living, this is still her attitude towards you?
It is unloving things like this that will be the source of much weeping and gnashing of teeth when the truth is finally known, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 10:01 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That is just so, so tragic. And I'm assuming that if your mothing is still living, this is still her attitude towards you?
I'm not entirely sure. My brother said she will say will bring up my name and talk about me seemingly unaware that she shunned me in 2014. She has some serious mental health issues (my younger brother calls her a narcissist) and I don't know if that is organic or just a by-product of living under Watchtower's control for 50 years. I would expect that she would choose the Watchtower over everything since she has sacrificed her whole life to it and hasn't been allowed to use her mind for 50 years. Plus she's a convert so I'm sure she had some resistance when she joined. I know my dad doesn't have anything good to say about them. I know she doesn't feel respected by my dad. That's got to be rough. I'm not sad for me because I am at least free of any more abuse. I'm sad for her because she'll never make her way out. I know she believes all three of her children and her husband will be murdered at Armageddon. I know she is extremely paranoid because for 50 years the government has been out to get her because she knows the truth.

My dad fell down a flight of stairs at 77 years old last year and nearly died. He was in the hospital and she didn't want him to come home to recuperate because one of the conditions was he couldn't drink and my mom thought she'd have to fight him over that and she didn't want to deal. So she decided he should come to my house (which was full) without asking him or myself. She calls me and tries to start some weird conversation trash-talking my dad to me and telling me her problems. I was to pick him up from the hospital and put him on my couch and watch him. I just told her no and gray rocked her.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:24 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm not entirely sure. My brother said she will say will bring up my name and talk about me seemingly unaware that she shunned me in 2014. She has some serious mental health issues (my younger brother calls her a narcissist) and I don't know if that is organic or just a by-product of living under Watchtower's control for 50 years. I would expect that she would choose the Watchtower over everything since she has sacrificed her whole life to it and hasn't been allowed to use her mind for 50 years. Plus she's a convert so I'm sure she had some resistance when she joined. I know my dad doesn't have anything good to say about them. I know she doesn't feel respected by my dad. That's got to be rough. I'm not sad for me because I am at least free of any more abuse. I'm sad for her because she'll never make her way out. I know she believes all three of her children and her husband will be murdered at Armageddon. I know she is extremely paranoid because for 50 years the government has been out to get her because she knows the truth.

My dad fell down a flight of stairs at 77 years old last year and nearly died. He was in the hospital and she didn't want him to come home to recuperate because one of the conditions was he couldn't drink and my mom thought she'd have to fight him over that and she didn't want to deal. So she decided he should come to my house (which was full) without asking him or myself. She calls me and tries to start some weird conversation trash-talking my dad to me and telling me her problems. I was to pick him up from the hospital and put him on my couch and watch him. I just told her no and gray rocked her.
Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine. First of all, I can't imagine how awful it would be to live in fear of your husband and children being murdered at Armageddon. The mind control has got to be positively overwhelming. And her mental health issues have just got to feed off of everything she is indoctrinated with by the Watchtower. I'm so glad you got out, and I guess estrangement from your mother is, in a way, a small price to pay.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:23 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really need to stop putting words in the mouths of others and lying about them, BF. I called no one pawns and the message WAS used to control and subjugate the masses as the many evil exercises of Church power have demonstrated over the millennia.

There can be many reasons why people fail to see the truth of it that have nothing to do with being pawns. My views PROMOTE the agape love of God in place of the dominant wrath and damnation message, so if that drove the loving Christians away, I am puzzled as to why.
Just start showing some of that agape love you're always harping about and it won't be an issue.

And maybe the "loving Christians" won't leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity