Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 06:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the age of accountability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It certainly doesn't sound like it from what you said earlier.
What I said earlier is that babies are even sinner by nature; and this does not contradict the idea that they will not be held accountable for their sins until they have a working knowledge of the difference between right and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That has to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend the purpose of the Lake (i.e., haven) of fire. You have been so brainwashed with the false ideologies of HELL and DAMNATION that you cannot see anything else.
Nope; they are not false ideologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

EVERY MAN?

Jewade, who are these lucky people who were burned in the lake of fire, and then taken from the fire and saved?

Says all people, every man.

And yet all are saved, even from the fire? Who gets out of hell?

1 Corinthians

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heck, looks like Paul is confused again, nobody gets out of hell do they Jerwade?
The fire in 1 Corinthians 3 is not the fire of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you do not think that being "saved as by fire" refers to your refinement in the fire of God's consuming love, what fire do you think it refers to and why is that a different fire from your favorite hellfire????
We are not refined by the fire in 1 Corinthians 3; but rather our works will either be burned up or will remain as they are revealed by that fire; and if anyone's works remain, we will receive a reward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 06:44 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
What I said earlier is that babies are even sinner by nature; and this does not contradict the idea that they will not be held accountable for their sins until they have a working knowledge of the difference between right and wrong.
Okay, well I don't want to go back and try to find your post I was referring to, but if you mean that we are predisposed to sin by virtue of the fact that we are human beings, but not guilty of sin until we actually commit sin, then I agree.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, well I don't want to go back and try to find your post I was referring to, but if you mean that we are predisposed to sin by virtue of the fact that we are human beings, but not guilty of sin until we actually commit sin, then I agree.
See Romans 3:23.

"All" means all.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

"All" means all.
::Sigh:: All that means is that all of us "miss the mark" (sin) by nature because we are incapable of "hitting the mark" -- the mark being the PERFECT agape love and forgiveness of God's Holy Spirit as demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. But we already knew that by our inability to PERFECTLY keep the law.

Sin is NOT some crime against God that deserves punishment!. It is a failing of our spirit to achieve what it is supposed to achieve. Thanks to Jesus, the burden of the need to achieve perfection has been removed from us by His Grace.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:31 PM

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God...Romans 3:23...(including the newborn baby who has just come out of the womb)...Psalms 58:3.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-08-2021 at 07:40 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 08:13 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:

"All" means all.
Okay, so that does take us back to your original statement. If a day-old baby dies, he dies guilty of being a sinner. I believe that "all" means "all who are capable of sinning have sinned," because it is impossible to sin without the ability to discern right from wrong. You know, sometimes we have to think logically about things and not just take each word as absolutely literal.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God...Romans 3:23...(including the newborn baby who has just come out of the womb)...Psalms 58:3.
Your ignorance is completely protected by your stubborn arrogance and trust in the OT and Moses instead of Jesus Christ!!! You are hopeless.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
That has to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend the purpose of the Lake (i.e., haven) of fire. You have been so brainwashed with the false ideologies of HELL and DAMNATION that you cannot see anything else.
Quote:
Nope; they are not false ideologies.

Whether you are willing to accept it or not, those doctrines are false. And, you follow a syncetistic belief. Although, you are free to believe, whatever you believe or desire. Personally, I do not consider you as a representative of anything, other than what you have been brainwashed into believing. And I have no interest in arguing with your ignorance.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:33 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Whether you are willing to accept it or not, those doctrines are false. And, you follow a syncetistic belief. Although, you are free to believe, whatever you believe or desire. Personally, I do not consider you as a representative of anything, other than what you have been brainwashed into believing. And I have no interest in arguing with your ignorance.
The scripture is the standard, right, Jerwade?

Why don't you show JBF in scripture where he is wrong?

Hey Jerwade, Good Luck! LOL

Old 09-08-2021, 09:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The scripture is the standard, right, Jerwade?

Why don't you show JBF in scripture where he is wrong?

Hey Jerwade, Good Luck! LOL
I have no reason to consider them as the standard or authority, especially when mixed and blended with false beliefs that were designed to control the masses of people who remain ignorant, and have no desire to educate themselves. If you have made the choice of believing in a false hellhole - that's on you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity