Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 11:28 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's true all life on earth will eventually die because sin came into this world by man.
[It] is man who created the ideology of sin; and the idea that they would surely, not die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 12:05 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
People may not be perfect when they come to faith in Christ; and they may even be abject sinners, but God does not leave them that way.
Until they die, though, right Charlie! Once they die He won't let them come to Him and He leaves them that way, right??? Who taught you this crap, Charlie???

Old 09-08-2021, 12:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Until they die, though, right Charlie! Once they die He won't let them come to Him and He leaves them that way, right??? Who taught you this crap, Charlie???
You're responding to JBF's post but using my name. But I know we are almost the same person to you in our beliefs.

Well Mystic my go to verse here is Ecc. 9:4.

"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."

There's hope in salvation for the living, all opportunities for salvation are on this side of the grave.

There is nothing in scripture that says we have another chance after death!

Old 09-08-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
You're responding to JBF's post but using my name. But I know we are almost the same person to you in our beliefs.

"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."

There's hope in salvation for the living, all opportunities for salvation are on this side of the grave.

Well, I apologize to you and JBF, Charlie. Looks like my ministering is definitely being affected by Senioritis! I better bequeath all my posts and blogs to Jerwade before I depart this existence so he can carry on! Maybe he can even publish a real Christian book. He is an excellent writer and editor and we are definitely Sympatico.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:42 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I knew for sure that you were going to say that. No, we worship the exact same God, but we sure do have different ideas about what kind of a deity He is.
So then when my God said all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, he meant it. Is that what your god said?
Quote:
Whenever they did, they would clear up any false beliefs in the process. They would compare and contrast the false belief with the true belief. They wouldn't continue to build upon that belief as if it were true.
Read the context. It's clear what is being said.
Quote:
The essence of life, the non-corporeal part of a human being created by God that gives life to a physical body.
The Greek word used for spirits there is pneumaton. It can mean different things in different contexts. It doesn't necessarily mean peoples' spirits. It's really kind of unclear, so to make a case for what you're saying, I'd want to have a clearer passage that would agree with your view, or at least not have your view disagree with other clear passages, such as the ones that tell us that we are sinners from birth, such as Ephesians 2.
Quote:
He who begets offspring. The fatherhood of God was one of the first Christian doctrines that came to be misunderstood in the years after Christ's death. It was always a foundational truth of the Christian gospel.
And, as I said, Scripture says those that believe in Jesus can become Children of God. That means that we were NOT children before that. You need to provide some sort of reasonable text stating what you believe to be taken seriously.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:46 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:

Welcome to the new W B

Old 09-08-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:

That has to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend the purpose of the Lake (i.e., haven) of fire. You have been so brainwashed with the false ideologies of HELL and DAMNATION that you cannot see anything else.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:02 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That has to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend the purpose of the Lake (i.e., haven) of fire. You have been so brainwashed with the false ideologies of HELL and DAMNATION that you cannot see anything else.

EVERY MAN?

Jewade, who are these lucky people who were burned in the lake of fire, and then taken from the fire and saved?

Says all people, every man.

And yet all are saved, even from the fire? Who gets out of hell?

1 Corinthians

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heck, looks like Paul is confused again, nobody gets out of hell do they Jerwade?

Old 09-08-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

EVERY MAN?

Jewade, who are these lucky people who were burned in the lake of fire, and then taken from the fire and saved?

Says all people, every man.

And yet all are saved, even from the fire? Who gets out of hell?

1 Corinthians

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Quote:
Heck, looks like Paul is confused again, nobody gets out of hell do they Jerwade?
I suppose not, according to Charlie and others that believe as he does.

But I ain't him!

Old 09-08-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
If you do not think that being "saved as by fire" refers to your refinement in the fire of God's consuming love, what fire do you think it refers to and why is that a different fire from your favorite hellfire????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity