Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 11:54 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

The existence of hypocrites "in the church" only indicates that Christianity draws sinners into its ranks because it offers forgiveness to sinners.

However, as you noted, Jerwade, the people whom you rebuked, they changed their ways, didn't they?

Which indicates that Jesus catches the fish and then He cleans them.

People may not be perfect when they come to faith in Christ; and they may even be abject sinners; but God does not leave them that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 11:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You are absolutely mistaken. Anybody who thinks a newborn baby has sinned by doing nothing more than crying when he is hungry and messing his diaper is simply beyond reasoning with, in my opinion. I wish it were not the case, but it clearly is.
If a full-grown adult were to make a mess in his underwear, it would surely be a cause for shame.

But we make excuses for babies because they are so little and don't know any better.

Nevertheless, the messing of his diaper is "uncleanness" which is identified as a work of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21; and something which if one practices, they will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the age of accountability.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:38 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't forget that I spent many decades in the Church.
All the church's are not the true church, Jerwade! The true church is made up of true believers in Christ from all over the world, whatever denomination they are or are not!

There are Jews and Gentiles in this one true church, rich and poor, from all walks in life. They are not all of the same congregation together on Sunday morning but they all have one thing in common, they have been washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

Most of those sitting on the pews on Sunday morning are not of the one true church! They are waiting to hear, "depart from Me, I never knew you!" They are entering the wide gate to destruction, but those of the one true church have found the narrow gate, and as Jesus said, few there be that find it!

Old 09-08-2021, 06:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't forget that I spent many decades in the Church.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
All the church's are not the true church, Jerwade!
I wasn't talking about all the Churches or your particular beliefs, although I have attended several.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:53 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
We die because we are mortals and mortals die. Once Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden, they had the ever-present threat of death hanging over them. They could die within the week or years later, but eventually mortal bodies succumb to disease or illness. If a day-old baby with a severe heart defect dies, it is because of that heart defect and not because it committed some sin.
We die because we are living things, and all living things die. All plants and all animals eventually die. Humans are no exception to this rule.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:31 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
We all have to die—we're like water spilled out on the ground that can't be gathered up again. But God doesn't take life away; instead, he makes plans so those banished from him don't stay that way.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:42 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
We all have to die—we're like water spilled out on the ground that can't be gathered up again. But God doesn't take life away; instead, he makes plans so those banished from him don't stay that way.
It's true all life on earth will eventually die because sin came into this world by man.

But all men will be resurrected from the dead and be reunited with the soul.

Nowhere is scripture does it say "the banished from Him don't stay that way!"

In fact it says the very opposite!

Rev. 22:11

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Old 09-08-2021, 08:20 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Your god must be a horrible, horrible individual. He must be utterly lacking in compassion and mercy. It is absolutely beyond me how people can worship such a god.
Interesting how you say "your god"

So you believe that Mormons and Baptists have different Gods?
Quote:
I'm sorry, BF, but you don't quote someone whose ideas you disagree with in order to promote those ideas.
Actually, yes. Paul did it on occasion, and Jude made reference to extra-Biblical books. It was a way to relate to the reader.
Quote:
If God is the Father of spirits, then He is the Father of all spirits. All spirits originated from God. Nobody else has ever had the ability to create a human spirit. We are all the offspring of the same God. That certainly doesn't mean He's equally pleased with us, but if He hadn't created us, we wouldn't be here, and that goes for every last one of us.
Define "spirit", please.

You seem to want to use the word to encompass a whole range of things that the biblical writer may or may not have meant.

And define "father", please. Again, you may be attempting to use it in a way that simply isn't intended.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:20 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Interesting how you say "your god"

So you believe that Mormons and Baptists have different Gods?
I knew for sure that you were going to say that. No, we worship the exact same God, but we sure do have different ideas about what kind of a deity He is.

Quote:
Actually, yes. Paul did it on occasion, and Jude made reference to extra-Biblical books. It was a way to relate to the reader.
Whenever they did, they would clear up any false beliefs in the process. They would compare and contrast the false belief with the true belief. They wouldn't continue to build upon that belief as if it were true.

Quote:
Define "spirit", please.
The essence of life, the non-corporeal part of a human being created by God that gives life to a physical body.

Quote:
And define "father", please. Again, you may be attempting to use it in a way that simply isn't intended.
He who begets offspring. The fatherhood of God was one of the first Christian doctrines that came to be misunderstood in the years after Christ's death. It was always a foundational truth of the Christian gospel.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:22 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the age of accountability.
It certainly doesn't sound like it from what you said earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity