Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 10:00 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have no reason to consider them as the standard or authority, especially when mixed and blended with false beliefs that were designed to control the masses of people who remain ignorant, and have no desire to educate themselves. If you have made the choice of believing in a false hellhole - that's on you!
I was just giving you a little shove, we all need that from time to time.

I would suggest though that you make your beliefs known at all opportunities.

Lay yours out and let him or me lay out ours and go from there.

The divider as I see it is the scripture! We are by the Book, you, not so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 01:27 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, so that does take us back to your original statement. If a day-old baby dies, he dies guilty of being a sinner. I believe that "all" means "all who are capable of sinning have sinned," because it is impossible to sin without the ability to discern right from wrong. You know, sometimes we have to think logically about things and not just take each word as absolutely literal.
A baby has a sin nature is all that I am saying; and as such the baby does sin even if it does not know the difference between right and wrong. If a mother says not to eat anything out of a cookie jar, we all know the cute anecdote of how the baby tells his mother that it didn't eat any of the cookies even with the chocolate smudging his face.

The age of accountability means that even though the child is a sinner, sin will not be accounted to him because he didn't know any better. Not knowing any better does not mean that a person cannot do what is wrong. Someone who doesn't know that it is wrong to steal can indeed steal. Is it therefore not a sin for him to steal? But if he doesn't know any better, he will not be held accountable for trespass...which would be the violation of a known standard.

Sin is different from trespass. Sin is when you violate the standard whether you know what the standard is or not. Like I said, if I don't know that it is wrong for me to steal, it is still wrong for me to steal. If I do, and don't know any better, I have sinned, but I have not committed a trespass. For that, I would have to know that it is wrong to steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Whether you are willing to accept it or not, those doctrines are false. And, you follow a syncetistic belief. Although, you are free to believe, whatever you believe or desire. Personally, I do not consider you as a representative of anything, other than what you have been brainwashed into believing. And I have no interest in arguing with your ignorance.
I would actually love it if those doctrines were false. However, I am fully aware that Jesus taught these doctrines and that they are told to us plainly in His word.

Therefore, whether you are willing to accept it or not, these doctrines are true.

I'm with you. It is not easy for me to accept that people that I know and love and care about are going to be cast into everlasting fire. However, the Bible teaches that this is what is going to happen.

Of course this motivates me to pray for and evangelize those whom I know and love and care about. I think that this is the proper response to understanding that Jesus' words on the subject are unbending.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-09-2021 at 02:12 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 06:42 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I was just giving you a little shove, we all need that from time to time.

I would suggest though that you make your beliefs known at all opportunities.

Lay yours out and let him or me lay out ours and go from there.

The divider as I see it is the scripture! We are by the Book, you, not so much!
You are only by the Book "as you see it." Others see it differently.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You are only by the Book "as you see it." Others see it differently.
The good thing thing about all this different belief is that you can get it all wrong, but if you get Jesus right you're going to make it! There are some here I argue with over doctrine but I respect their faith in Christ, knowing they are born-again.

But here is where you will not agree with me, there are some here who do not have Christ right according to scripture. It's not very difficult at all to see in scripture what one must do to be saved.

You will probably say, what gives you the right to determine that? The Apostles determined it by scripture and so did Jesus, and so can I! As I said, that is not difficult at all to see in scripture!

Old 09-09-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
The good thing thing about all this different belief is that you can get it all wrong, but if you get Jesus right you're going to make it! There are some here I argue with over doctrine but I respect their faith in Christ, knowing they are born-again.

But here is where you will not agree with me, there are some here who do not have Christ right according to scripture. It's not very difficult at all to see in scripture what one must do to be saved.

You will probably say, what gives you the right to determine that? The Apostles determined it by scripture and so did Jesus, and so can I! As I said, that is not difficult at all to see in scripture!
That's only as you see it. There are dozens of other interpretations, many of them just as valid as yours.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:10 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
A baby has a sin nature is all that I am saying; and as such the baby does sin even if it does not know the difference between right and wrong. If a mother says not to eat anything out of a cookie jar, we all know the cute anecdote of how the baby tells his mother that it didn't eat any of the cookies even with the chocolate smudging his face.

The age of accountability means that even though the child is a sinner, sin will not be accounted to him because he didn't know any better. Not knowing any better does not mean that a person cannot do what is wrong. Someone who doesn't know that it is wrong to steal can indeed steal. Is it therefore not a sin for him to steal? But if he doesn't know any better, he will not be held accountable for trespass...which would be the violation of a known standard.

Sin is different from trespass. Sin is when you violate the standard whether you know what the standard is or not. Like I said, if I don't know that it is wrong for me to steal, it is still wrong for me to steal. If I do, and don't know any better, I have sinned, but I have not committed a trespass. For that, I would have to know that it is wrong to steal.

I would actually love it if those doctrines were false. However, I am fully aware that Jesus taught these doctrines and that they are told to us plainly in His word.

Therefore, whether you are willing to accept it or not, these doctrines are true.

I'm with you. It is not easy for me to accept that people that I know and love and care about are going to be cast into everlasting fire. However, the Bible teaches that this is what is going to happen.

Of course this motivates me to pray for and evangelize those whom I know and love and care about. I think that this is the proper response to understanding that Jesus' words on the subject are unbending.
I don't think you know what the sin nature is. Everyone born into the world is born of flesh, everyone therefore has the nature of flesh which is a nature that is short of the Glory of God and it is this nature the birth of Christ in our lives destroys as Christ transforms us from within. Thus the scriptures state if we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. A baby has not learned yet to walk, so cannot walk after the flesh or the spirit. Thus a baby is simply innocent.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
That's only as you see it. There are dozens of other interpretations, many of them just as valid as yours.
To each his own but I will argue my points from scripture. That's what it's all about, or at least the way I see it.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
To each his own but I will argue my points from scripture. That's what it's all about, or at least the way I see it.
Of course, but you are arguing as if there is only one way to read Scripture. That simply isn't so. There are many translations, many interpretations, and many differences in how people understand Scripture. There isn't even a common agreement as to which parts are literal, which parts are parable, and which are allegorical. Everyone argues from Scripture.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Of course, but you are arguing as if there is only one way to read Scripture. That simply isn't so. There are many translations, many interpretations, and many differences in how people understand Scripture. There isn't even a common agreement as to which parts are literal, which parts are parable, and which are allegorical. Everyone argues from Scripture.
There are many interpretations but only one truth to that scripture. Scripture does not have many meanings, it has an intended purpose. It always results into one truth, but sometimes very elusive and I will admit I'm not right about everything!

But it's for sure that if I engage my now lazy self, you will have to show me from scripture my error.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:46 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
The question is would you be willing to be taught of the Holy Spirit?
Jesus said that if you ask, being His disciple, God for the Holy Spirit he will give it.
How desperate for this gift are you? or would you rather depend on your own determinations and secondhand guessing?
Long ago God directed me to Matthew 7;21,22,23, I recommend you take it to heart.
God indicated to me that it was His desire from the beginning that He teach man.
The rebellion of choosing other sources separates man from God.
Believing in God is far more than acknowledgment. Satan acknowledges God but is still a rebel.
Blessed is the man that hungers and thirsts after righteousness for he shall be filled.
Righteousness in God's economy is being directed by Him. Jesus said, "I only do what my Father tells me". That is your example. If I pick the scriptures I wish to follow and ignore God, whom do I serve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity