Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 09:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If you want to build others up then do that. You don't have to defend your beliefs unless you want to. If you chose to defend your beliefs then all of the nastiness is of your own making. It takes two to tango and all that.

It's no trick to love people who agree with you. The trick is in maintaining compassion in the face of being belittled.
The scripture is filled with those who contended for the faith. They also had their problems with resistance.

So you think I'm creating my own problems with my defense of the faith? I wonder what the Lord would think of me if I became silent in that defense? The offenders of the Gospel don't give up, they don't back down, why should I?

What I have expressed to you is my desire, not reality! The majority of this world is against the things of God, they don't want to hear it. They are happy in their sin. They will fight against the things I believe in and teach to justify what they believe, the pleasure of sin.

If nothing else I hope we of the faith give you pause to think of this life, why you are here, what is this life all about. Hopefully you can come to the conclusion that there is more to this life than living and dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 10:28 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The scripture is filled with those who contended for the faith. They also had their problems with resistance.

So you think I'm creating my own problems with my defense of the faith? I wonder what the Lord would think of me if I became silent in that defense? The offenders of the Gospel don't give up, they don't back down, why should I?

What I have expressed to you is my desire, not reality! The majority of this world is against the things of God, they don't want to hear it. They are happy in their sin. They will fight against the things I believe in and teach to justify what they believe, the pleasure of sin.

If nothing else I hope we of the faith give you pause to think of this life, why you are here, what is this life all about. Hopefully you can come to the conclusion that there is more to this life than living and dying.
I'll say the same thing to you that I said to my mom when she shunned me. "this only makes sense if you are right."

Do you have a sense that I'm in need of saving? I feel angry at times (understandably so consider the pain it is masking) but I don't feel like I have anything to atone for. People did hurtful things to me out of their ignorance and I do hurtful things out of mine. The only way to stop that is to try and gain insight. I don't hold anything against them so I can't hold anything against myself.

The difference in our conclusions starts way before the God question. Some look out into the world and see sin and some look into the world and see love. I think both are there but it's how we perceive that will determine which information makes it through. I don't think that's a choice we make. I think that just is. I am extremely grateful I pulled the love card.

Edit: my goal here is to gain insight. I also would like to show people what an apostate is.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I'll say the same thing to you that I said to my mom when she shunned me. "this only makes sense if you are right."

Do you have a sense that I'm in need of saving? I feel angry at times (understandably so consider the pain it is masking) but I don't feel like I have anything to atone for. People did hurtful things to me out of their ignorance and I do hurtful things out of mine. The only way to stop that is to try and gain insight. I don't hold anything against them so I can't hold anything against myself.

The difference in our conclusions starts way before the God question. Some look out into the world and see sin and some look into the world and see love. I think both are there but it's how we perceive that will determine which information makes it through. I don't think that's a choice we make. I think that just is. I am extremely grateful I pulled the love card.

Edit: my goal here is to gain insight. I also would like to show people what an apostate is.
No doubt you have heard he Gospel message, but feel there is nothing to be saved from. Your remarks on having nothing to atone for explains that.

So most likely you will live your life and whatever happens will happen, you will die as all of us do, and that is that! Life was just something you had to do, you had no choice in the matter, and now it's over!

I think all of us have wondered why God doesn't just show Himself to each one of us. Maybe come to us one by one and take us to heaven, show us His throne, do some of His magic for us to see, and then say that He loves us and wants to share all that He has with us.

But He didn't choose that way! He chose to prove us by blind faith. None of us have seen Him, none of us have any documented facts to go by except what He has given us through others before us who did see Him in the form of Jesus Christ and wrote in a Book what they witnessed. So how do we know this is true?

It has always been amazing to me how that two people can sit on a pew in church and hear the exact same thing from a preacher, how that Jesus Christ came to this world to redeem man. One breaks out in tears and walks forward at the alter call filled with sorrow for his sins, while the other is wondering what is going on, not effected at all! I can hear the Calvinists saying Amen, I can answer that, lol.

It just happened to be that I was one of those that was filled with sorrow for my sins. Personally, I had heard the Gospel many times, I understood it, I thought, but it never really had any effect on me. As I have said before, I developed a very serious drinking problem and found I couldn't part with it. Being that I realized from the things I was doing, if I didn't stop drinking I was not going to be here much longer. Many were afraid of me, it was just a matter of time before someone put a gun to the back of my head and pulled the trigger. I would have deserved it! I should be in Hell right now, but the Lord had mercy on me!

It is my opinion that one must know who he is, what he is without Christ, before he can know Christ! One must know and admit they are a sinner in order to find mercy. Without knowing, and then admitting our sin against God, there will be no effect from the Gospel.

When this happens you will know there is a God in heaven, it's how I know there is a God in heaven. I felt the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders and became a new man. The Holy Spirit confirmed in my heart that Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:54 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
The "mind of Christ" that Paul told us we have been given through the new birth.
Being an atheist you wouldn't know, but that means we believers see things the way Christ see's it!
But of course, being an atheist this is all nonsense to you!
You REFUSE to use the "mind of Christ" Jesus revealed on the Cross, Charlie. You keep using the mind of our ancestors who misunderstood God. We should be grateful for what Jesus accomplished on the Cross to provide salvation for us from permanent separation from God. But it is NOT necessary to believe YOUR wrathful interpretation of WHY He saved us to appreciate that He saved us from our sins.

It is true He saved us, but it was by achieving the perfect love and forgiveness we could never achieve under the worst possible conditions imaginable. His death and rebirth as Spirit connects us all to God and He abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 09-10-2021, 12:08 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
The "mind of Christ" that Paul told us we have been given through the new birth.

Being an atheist you wouldn't know, but that means we believers see things the way Christ see's it!

But of course, being an atheist this is all nonsense to you!
L8 knows the bible better than you, the non believing Jew that comes in here knows the new Testament better than all the Christians in here.

L8 doesnt judge people like you do, and because of this, she's innocent, while on the other hand, you will be judged in how you judge, and you judge extreemly harshly, you take everything Hitler did and times it by a million, and the judgment you hand down would make Hitler look like an angel.

How long is half eternity?

Its the same amount of time as eternity.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-10-2021 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You REFUSE to use the "mind of Christ" Jesus revealed on the Cross, Charlie. You keep using the mind of our ancestors who misunderstood God. We should be grateful for what Jesus accomplished on the Cross to provide salvation for us from permanent separation from God. But it is NOT necessary to believe YOUR wrathful interpretation of WHY He saved us to appreciate that He saved us from our sins.

It is true He saved us, but it was by achieving the perfect love and forgiveness we could never achieve under the worst possible conditions imaginable. His death and rebirth as Spirit connects us all to God and He abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
The thunderstorms have passed by and I am witnessing one of the most beautiful days I have ever seen, Mystic! The sunlight is perfect, the temperature is perfect, the light breeze is perfect.

It's a wonderful day in God's creation! We have much to be thankful for!

Old 09-10-2021, 12:26 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Too soon to rep.
Same here.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
L8 knows the bible better than you, the non believing Jew that comes in here knows the new Testament better than all the Christians in here.

L8 doesnt judge people like you do, and because of this, she's innocent, while on the other hand, you will be judged in how you judge, and you judge extreemly harshly, you take everything Hitler did and times it by a million, and the judgment you hand down would make Hitler look like an angel.

How long is half eternity?

Its the same amount of time as eternity.
Well Hanni, I'm sorry you see me in that light!

But I must be about my Father's business!

Old 09-10-2021, 01:04 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
The more I think about it I'm leaning toward people that do this not understanding the concept of unconditional love. People serve a purpose, they are not the purpose. I'm imagining the way they value themselves is similar.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Well Hanni, I'm sorry you see me in that light!

But I must be about my Father's business!
You may need this!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity