Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 02:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sure you must know, at least I hope you do, that there is nothing in a person's DNA that is linked to sin.
That's usually acquired or learnt, and comes from one's own thoughts: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will).

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-07-2021 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 02:38 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's usually acquire or learnt, and comes from one's own thoughts: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will).
I think we're all kind of conditioned from an early age to "look out for number one." This was obviously a survival technique and was essential in ancient cultures. But we pass it on to our kids without really thinking much of it. Our society is competitive and this encourages self-serving behaviors. I still can't fathom how anybody who has held a newborn baby in their arms could call it a sinner and think it's deserving of hellfire and damnation. That's simply not using one's God-given ability to reason.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I think we're all kind of conditioned from an early age to "look out for number one." This was obviously a survival technique and was essential in ancient cultures. But we pass it on to our kids without really thinking much of it. Our society is competitive and this encourages self-serving behaviors. I still can't fathom how anybody who has held a newborn baby in their arms could call it a sinner and think it's deserving of hellfire and damnation. That's simply not using one's God-given ability to reason.
I concur, 100%.

Old 09-07-2021, 03:36 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
I'm sure you must know, at least I hope you do, that there is nothing in a person's DNA that is linked to sin.
This is a very interesting statement you have made here, Kat!

When Adam disobeyed God death was pronounced on man! How did this happen? Did God decree this magical power that caused man to die, or does the scripture give us the reason?

Adam was created to live forever in the flesh. He was created in righteousness and knew no sin, but what was it that sustained eternal life?

In Adam's state of righteousness he was granted the Tree of Life in the Garden, when he disobeyed God that right was taken away! Without the fruit from the Tree of Life came aging and eventual death.

After the resurrection when mans soul is reunited with his body we see this availability to the Tree of Life again.

Rev. 2:7

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

We find in Rev. 22:1-2 this Tree of Life that will exist forever.

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

This again is the sustainer of eternal life for man!

So how does all this connect with the DNA of man concerning sin? What hast thou to say?

Old 09-07-2021, 03:55 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
This is a very interesting statement you have made here, Kat!

When Adam disobeyed God death was pronounced on man!
Yes, death was pronounced on man, but sin wasn't. We're all human and we all sin. We just have to do something wrong in order to sin. There is no "sin gene" in the human body.

Quote:
So how does all this connect with the DNA of man concerning sin? What hast thou to say?
It doesn't, and what's with the King James language? "Thou"?

Old 09-07-2021, 03:57 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Yes, death was pronounced on man, but sin wasn't. We're all human and we all sin. We just have to do something wrong in order to sin. There is no "sin gene" in the human body.

Why do we die? If not for sin?

Old 09-07-2021, 04:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
So God would punish a two-day old child for rebellion?
They are sinners, by nature. (Eph 2:3-5)
Quote:
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
You know he was quoting a pagan poet, right? He was quoting a pagan to some pagans, in an attempt to evangelize.
Quote:
Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Not sure what your point is with this one. He's speaking to Christians. About God being our Father.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:

We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners! We are born sinners, all of us!

Rom. 3:23

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Why has there not been one single person born into this world, other than Christ, who has never sinned?

Along with death from disobedience came total depravity. This fallen nature (the sin nature) passed down to us from Adam is indeed in the genes of man! We cannot help but to sin!

Scientists can no more understand or detect this than they can understand where God came from! I myself can certainly not understand it.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:13 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
I believe it is you who is mistaken. Can you tell me one sin a newborn baby is guilty of? Even one?
Covetousness.

Quote:
There most certainly is.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:18 PM

Place two toddlers in a play pin with just one rubber ducky, you will see the sin nature up close and personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity