Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 11:35 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Rebellion against God. They are sinners by nature. The same as everyone else.

I know you have been convinced that everyone by nature is a sinner (and rebels against God).

However, that's not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 11:39 AM

God is the Father of spirits in the sense that he created each and everyone of us.
Thus, he is our Spiritual Father. And we are to relate to him as such in spirit and truth.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-07-2021 at 11:49 AM..

Old 09-07-2021, 12:18 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,382,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know you have been convinced that everyone by nature is a sinner (and rebels against God).

while actually Adam does rebel against God because the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. I think it come down to knowing who Adam is, that which is of flesh is flesh. In other words brother our old man nature is the first man Adam.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:23 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
The DNA of sin was passed down through Adam to the entire human race, according to Romans 5:12-14.

Adam is the federal head of the unregenerated human race.

Of course, Jesus is the federal head of those who are regenerated.

See Romans 5:19.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:31 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Which is well above our personal, individual “pay gradesâ€

That is why we are told this in Ephesians

Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13**Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
while actually Adam does rebel against God because the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. I think it come down to knowing who Adam is, that which is of flesh is flesh. In other words brother our old man nature is the first man Adam.
I get what you are saying. However, I don't believe everyone is a sinner by nature, nor does everyone rebel against God. I have never believed that we are separate from that which brought all things into existence. Let the spirit guide and control who you are, and you won't be warring against the flesh. Although, I do know that many cannot control their own flesh, and struggle with this, albeit, not all have that weakness. Right now, I am enjoying the untainted spirit within my granddaughter, who has not been subjected to the thoughts of men.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,382,844 times
Quote:
I get what you are saying. However, I don't believe everyone is a sinner by nature, nor does everyone rebel against God. I have never believed that we are separate from that which brought all things into existence. Let the spirit guide and control who you are, and you won't be warring against the flesh. Although, I do know that many cannot control their own flesh, and struggle with this, albeit, not all have that weakness. Right now, I am enjoying the untainted spirit within my granddaughter, who has not been subjected to the thoughts of men.
I get what you are saying also jer for if we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh/that which is of our adamic nature.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I get what you are saying also jer for if we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh/that which is of our adamic nature.
Exactly!

Old 09-07-2021, 02:14 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Rebellion against God. They are sinners by nature. The same as everyone else.
So God would punish a two-day old child for rebellion?

Quote:
What verse?
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The DNA of sin was passed down through Adam to the entire human race, according to Romans 5:12-14.
I'm sure you must know, at least I hope you do, that there is nothing in a person's DNA that is linked to sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity