Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 04:28 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

I suppose that it would be wise for me to drop the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 04:32 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Nobody has the authority to decide which person's interpretation of the Bible is a misinterpretation.
Astoundingly, people like JBF and Charlie, are absolutely convinced that they do have the authority. I am personally convinced they will regret their beliefs about that and their actions as a result of it. But they seem unconcerned about it.

Perhaps they are seeking some sort of martyrdom status for pushing their beliefs in the name of Jesus. The fact that they completely misrepresent Jesus does not seem to bother them at all. I personally think it should concern them.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-05-2021 at 04:54 PM..

Old 09-05-2021, 04:52 PM

We are accurately representing Jesus.

And also, my adoption of the kjv has happened because I started out my Christian life with it, then someone "suggested" that I try a different translation and I did. May walk with Christ went downhill from there. When I returned to the kjv, my walk began to look up again; as pertaining to my being able to deal with besetting sins in my life and having the zeal to preach the message to others.

Now, someone of you will think that it is a good idea to suggest to someone that they should switch from the kjv to a different Bible.

But that person will only be calling down judgment upon himself.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:58 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No; actually, I believe that mormons are good people.

Sincere; just sincerely wrong.
So what? Do you really think God needs your help to in judging us or anyone else?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So what? Do you really think God needs your help to in judging us or anyone else?
I think that it is wise for me to drop the subject before I do something in violation of the rules.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:01 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Astoundingly, people like JBF and Charlie, are absolutely convinced that they do have the authority. I am personally convinced they will regret their beliefs about that and their actions as a result of it. But they seem unconcerned about it.

Perhaps they are seeking some sort of martyrdom status for pushing their beliefs in the name of Jesus. The fact that they completely misrepresent Jesus does not seem to bother them at all. I personally think it should concern them.
Quote:
We are accurately representing Jesus.
No, you are NOI! Jesus revealed His and therefore God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness unambiguously on the Cross. Virtually everything you preach about Him contradicts His and God's Holy Spirit making you blasphemers, not followers of Christ.

No matter how much meditating on the Bible you do under the veil from reading Moses, as long as you deny the Spirit you will not change that reality!!!

Old 09-05-2021, 05:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I think that it is wise for me to drop the subject before I do something in violation of the rules.
LOL! You may just be smarter than I suspected.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:20 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
I suppose that it would be wise for me to drop the subject.
Probably.... if you don’t want to incur a penalty, it’s up to you

Old 09-05-2021, 05:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
LOL! You may just be smarter than I suspected.
lol

Old 09-05-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you are NOI! Jesus revealed His and therefore God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness unambiguously on the Cross. Virtually everything you preach about Him contradicts His and God's Holy Spirit making you blasphemers, not followers of Christ.

No matter how much meditating on the Bible you do under the veil from reading Moses, as long as you deny the Spirit you will not change that reality!!!
You effectively label those who believe what the Bible teaches about Christ as being "blasphemers" and as being not followers of Christ.

For I think that you know as well as I do that Charlie, myself, jimmiej, and a few others here, are defending the faith of what is taught by the Bible against your radical ideas that effectively give people a rationale by which they can effectively deny sound doctrine; as you are a teacher whom they will heap to themselves to tell them what their itching ears want to hear, as was prophesied in 2 Timothy 4:3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity