Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There is the Jesus of the Bible -- and then a host of false Christ's who are already in the world and will increase in the End Time.

Along these lines, I'm wondering if the false Christ's referenced by Jesus - are actually people claiming to be Jesus Christ (ie; Jones, Koresh, Sun Moon, etc); -- OR are they false depictions of a Christ who is far different than the Christ of Scripture(?). These might include, for example:

1. A "Christ" to whom sin is 'not an issue,' but, who loves mankind too much to ever allow the 'death wages of sin' or any type of eternal separation from God.

2. A "Christ" who automatically claims all people as His "children," and for whom a lifetime of rebellion against God, Christ and the Holy Spirit ... holds no consequences ("wages")

3. A "Christ" who is 'only LOVE' and forgiveness ... and for whom 'sin' does not exist.

4. A "Christ" who gave His own life on the cross --- so mankind would understand the depth and width of God's love; but a cross which holds no other significance.

5. A "narrow-minded Christ" of Scripture/the Bible, who only seeks love, but has no regard or concern for what might be written in "an ancient book written by ignorant people."

IMO, these are the "false Christ's" spoken of by Jesus, who will appear in the Last Days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Agree
I can agree with that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 01:46 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
BTW...good luck in your low carb thing. I'm doing keto myself. Just ordered some sugar free syrup for my coffee off of Amazon. Had a $10 gift card for giving blood.
I use coconut creme. I have yet to find any allowable sweeteners I like.

Thanks for donating blood. I love hearing about that. I donate platelets as my big middle finger to the Watchtower as well as offering gratitude for a healthy body and family. I like the updates where my platelets and plasma ended up in a children's cancer hospital.

Old 08-05-2021, 03:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Why should I believe you over this guy? He claims to be Jesus. On what grounds do we believe this mystical Jesus you claim to know over this guy?
And are you saying that some people who might worship "Jesus" are worshiping a false Jesus?
You know exactly why I hold certainty in Christ's unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love, BF. I encountered that EXACT consciousness in deep meditation, so I know it exists and Jesus described and demonstrated it perfectly. YMMV.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:31 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You know exactly why I hold certainty in Christ's unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love, BF. I encountered that EXACT consciousness in deep meditation, so I know it exists and Jesus described and demonstrated it perfectly. YMMV.
Supposedly that's only good for about 7 years Mystic. Mine is wearing off and I didn't do anything to get it so I don't know how to get it back.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:19 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How do you know it was him? Honest question. Because it directly contradicts what we know of God in Scripture. And we know that in Scripture we are warned to not believe anyone, angel or man, preaching a different Gospel.

So again. Why did you believe it?

Old 08-05-2021, 05:20 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
If you would go and ask God, He would say to you today `` God is always the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He never changes `` ... from Malachi 3.6 ..... See many people think that God is proud, and put God in a box, and deny that God is a just God, and think God is a myth, and believe God is a killer, and if you believe any on these are true then you Got it wrong ...... The best interpretation of God comes from the simple mind of a child, and not the scholar

Old 08-05-2021, 06:03 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Christ largely came to teach us how to live. Besides the savior aspect, that's basically the rest.

Worshipping him is fine, but you could technically do that while living a crappy life, and your life, "gift", and ministry will be largely wasted.

Better to focus on modeling his ways and living like him - to the benefit of others and the world - than the worship aspect.

Some want the easy way approach... a thousand Hallelujahs in some monotonous song to meet their inner religious quota, and then walk out the door and live like <<cut>>.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-06-2021 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: Unacceptable language.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:05 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Would someone be incorrectly worshiping Jesus if they clamed THIS guy was Jesus?

Just curious what people think. Is someone a "Christian" if they say they worship this guy as Jesus Christ?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...MZWHLASWOMFLI/
I believe it would be quite easy to prove that this self-proclaimed Jesus isn't the one who died on the cross, so to me, your question is kind of pointless. Do you know of anyone who worships him? If not, then perhaps you should stop playing games and just tell us what it is you're really getting at. Is this just another thread where you try to weed out the "fake Christians" from the "real Christians" without specifically naming any actual denominations?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:22 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
How do you know it was him? Honest question. Because it directly contradicts what we know of God in Scripture. And we know that in Scripture we are warned to not believe anyone, angel or man, preaching a different Gospel.

So again. Why did you believe it?
First, because the consciousness I encountered encompassed our entire Reality including my own consciousness among a multitude of others. It unmistakably erased my atheism because I knew with absolute certainty it was God. The fact that Jesus described and then unambiguously demonstrated the same awesome Holy Spirit as that consciousness was enough for me to adopt Christianity. YMMV.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:19 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Christ largely came to teach us how to live. Besides the savior aspect, that's basically the rest.

Worshipping him is fine, but you could technically do that while living a crappy life, and your life, "gift", and ministry will be largely wasted.

Better to focus on modeling his ways and living like him - to the benefit of others and the world - than the worship aspect.

Some want the easy way approach... a thousand Hallelujahs in some monotonous song to meet their inner religious quota, and then walk out the door and live like <<cut>>.

the last thing Christ and Father want - worshiping them.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-06-2021 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity