Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 09:30 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Mental hospitals, as well as streets and houses and subway systems (and hey, occasionally, this very forum) are full of people who claim to be Jesus. If someone worshiped one of these people, their own mental stability is probably in question.
So is that a "no, that would not be correct to worship him"?

Are you taking a stand and saying that Jesus is not whomever we want him to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 09:35 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You fundies really need to stop misrepresenting the views of others who disagree with you. NO ONE is talking about NO CONSEQUENCES!!! We will reap EXACTLY what we sow, but no more and no less. But your preposterous ETERNAL CONSEQUENCE is unbelievably EVIL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why? Maybe they see that interpretation in their Bible.

Why is their view "evil" but yours (I believe you have presented that you believe there is no Hell) is not?
The very concept itself of eternally (INIFINTELY) tormenting ANYONE for ANY REASON committed during a (FINITE) life is inherently EVIL, period!! It achieves nothing good.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The very concept itself of eternally (INIFINTELY) tormenting ANYONE for ANY REASON committed during a (FINITE) life is inherently EVIL, period!! It achieves nothing good.
Still waiting for you to provide ANY documentation to support any of this stuff you keep saying.

Sorry..but we aren't privy to that "consciousness" you claim talks to you. Personally, if a consciousness were talking to me and no one else, I think I'd get checked out.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:39 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
From this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So is that a "no, that would not be correct to worship him"?

Are you taking a stand and saying that Jesus is not whomever we want him to be?

I look at Jesus as being whomever we need Him to be. He's the cure for what ails you.

You get:

Quote:
Ok, so one vote for "yes", this guy can be Christ.
We are talking past eachother.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-06-2021 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-06-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I just asked a question. And despite what I was accused of earlier, I did not mention any other groups.

So you believe that a person would be "incorrect" to worship this guy as Christ?
Uh oh...you saw yourself being accused? Where?

Old 08-06-2021, 09:46 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
What about the rest of my post? Do you think a priest who abuses little boys thinks he's doing the work of God?

Quote:
You seem really fired up about even the insinuation of eternal damnation. Strange. (If it's not real, why are you so triggered by the implication of it? Are you afraid you might not have done enough to "get in"?)

Old 08-06-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
What about the rest of my post? Do you think a priest who abuses little boys thinks he's doing the work of God?
What do you think is going on? The nearest I can tell is that we are fabulous at justifying hurting one another.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:53 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What do you think is going on? The nearest I can tell is that we are fabulous at justifying hurting one another.
She (I think she's a she) is very triggered by even the thought of eternal damnation. Maybe she thinks she hasn't done enough to "get in"?

Doesn't the Bible speak about a "Lake of Fire" and the like? Hell?

Old 08-06-2021, 09:55 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
The rest of your post has nothing to do with the concept of Hell. Evil exists in the world and those examples of it do not in any way justify the concept of Hell. God will correct and balance the scales using His perfect justice, NOT our human concept of justice by punishment.
Quote:
You seem really fired up about even the insinuation of eternal damnation. Strange.
That you find such eternally pure vengeance remotely acceptable does not speak well of your heart, IMO.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I look at Jesus as being whomever we need Him to be. He's the cure for what ails you.
Ok, so one vote for "yes", this guy can be Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity