Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 02:58 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

there is 20 centuries of Christian Mystics that would disagree with you.
here's a short list, even from a secular site, of those more notable - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_mystics
We all need to define "mysticism" in this thread. I think it means different things to all posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 02:59 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, L8. I am not an alcoholic. I was a very diligent and dedicated Buddhist meditator who really wanted to achieve Nirvana. I was very young and full of vinegar if you know what I mean, and very determined as only truly young zealots can be. I eventually stopped the use of alcohol because of my desire NOT to corrupt or interfere with my mental processes given their obvious importance to God.
Do you have a "coexist" sticker on your bumper?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We all need to define "mysticism" in this thread. I think it means different things to all posting.
11"And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. "
https://biblehub.com/lexicon/matthew/13-11.htm

Old 08-06-2021, 03:06 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Jesus is a healer. He gives you efficacy. He doesn't judge you for being exactly what you are. How could you be any other thing? You didn't have a choice in what experiences shaped you. You didn't have a choice on how your brain processes information. I think much of what we see wrong with the world is just people in pain spraying it on one another. Fix the pain, fix the problem. Fix the ignorance; fix the problem.
Too soon, but very nicely put

Old 08-06-2021, 03:10 PM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I think we are supposed to make our own way to God. Even as a believer, I would have enough trust in God that He would make that happen. How could you leave something like that up to someone else and follow them no matter what they said? Especially those that are telling you that God is going to punish them? That's coercion from the accuser. Jesus frees people from that bondage.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
That would be no one and no thing for I have already looked long and hard. Also, I disagree that the Bible can't be used to evaluate others regarding their beliefs.
Yes, I agree, however it needs to be done accurately, with lots of testing the actual meaning (and not judging the messenger personally)

All Christianity is separated/divided into different divisions/sects and that was planned from the beginning by the Creator

A Tree Is Known by Its Fruit
Mat 12:33**Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Mat 12:34**O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mat 12:35**A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Mat 12:36**But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37**For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:27 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Don't get Mystic started about PC.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

Correct!
And He leaves His mark on those whose lives He touches with His Life!
Still many can not see, even if they had been given a magnifying glass,
which they have been given but also reject.
Be still and know I am God, I believe any who feel it are to witness about it, but are also not to attack/defend ..... the reason is the experience is to heal the individual so that they can carry out what they will prepare themselves for, if they are willing and follow the urging, guiding,

But it seems to be relational where if there is no urging or repelling you are on the right path

Pro 4:20**My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Pro 4:21**Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
Pro 4:22**For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Pro 4:23**Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Pro 4:24**Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
Pro 4:25**Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Pro 4:26**Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
Pro 4:27**Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-06-2021 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-06-2021, 03:51 PM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Don't get Mystic started about PC.
LOL Am I that transparent about it L8??

Old 08-09-2021, 05:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I have one that says, "God and I are older than dirt."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity