Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 12:13 PM

299 posts, read 104,062 times

Advertisements

Won't it be jolly to be singing with the angels in heaven, knowing that your child is meanwhile screaming in the eternal torments of hell?

Who can honestly say they'd be fine with it?

I am not asking for scriptural references alone, but for the human, emotional and psychological aspects of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 12:15 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Won't it be jolly to be singing with the angels in heaven, knowing that your child is meanwhile screaming in the eternal torments of hell?

I am not asking for scriptural references alone, but for the human, emotional and psychological aspects of the situation.
I know that there will be no sadness in Heaven, so apparently anyone in Heaven will "be fine with it".

Do you believe God is unjust? Or that hell is unjust?

Old 08-11-2021, 12:24 PM

God forbid I should accuse Him of injustice. I may entertain the possibility that He is sometimes misrepresented by people.

Sadness is your normal reaction to a child in pain. That is because you love the child, and so empathy prevents you from having a good time while the child suffers. Are you saying that God will put a callus on that love so that you won't have the empathy?

Old 08-11-2021, 12:28 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
God forbid I should accuse Him of injustice. I may entertain the possibility that He is sometimes misrepresented by people.

Sadness is your normal reaction to a child in pain. That is because you love the child, and so empathy prevents you from having a good time while the child suffers. Are you saying that God will put a callus on that love so that you won't have the empathy?
I have no idea how that works. I don't know if I'll appear in Heaven as a 90 year old man, or 48 year old (what I am now) or 20. We have no idea if someone will appear as a child in Heaven or Hell.

But I do know that when I'm in God's presence someday it will be so splendid and spectacular that nothing else will matter. He has promised to wipe every team from our eyes. I can only conclude that God's holiness will be so spectacular that we will know that whatever punishment is given to others will be absolutely just.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:32 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
I find the 'emotional / psychological aspects' are from false clergy, the ' weed/tares ' Jesus spoke about.

Biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.
( Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' in death: - John 11:11-14; Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )

When KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in the grave/ hell.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
So, it is No wonder that Scripture teaches the wicked are ' destroyed forever ' ( Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22 )
Sinner Satan being wicked will also be ' destroyed '. Destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.

In short, biblical hell (grave) comes to a final end -> Revelation 20:13-14.
After everyone is resurrected ' delivered up ' then emptied-out hell/grave which ' gives up' the dead is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death' for vacated biblical hell/grave.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:33 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:

Well - this is why the gospel should be communicated to others - and kids be brought up to believe.

This is why you pray to God continually for their salvation.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I have no idea how that works. I don't know if I'll appear in Heaven as a 90 year old man, or 48 year old (what I am now) or 20. We have no idea if someone will appear as a child in Heaven or Hell.

But I do know that when I'm in God's presence someday it will be so splendid and spectacular that nothing else will matter. He has promised to wipe every team from our eyes. I can only conclude that God's holiness will be so spectacular that we will know that whatever punishment is given to others will be absolutely just.

If I understand right, the infinite glory of God manifested to us in heaven is so great that it will make unimportant things like love for your child negligible and moot. Having had our tears wiped, we will take eternal pleasure in the rising smoke of the damned child.

I'm sorry, friend - I can't go there with you.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:41 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - this is why the gospel should be communicated to others - and kids be brought up to believe.
This is why you pray to God continually for their salvation.
Oh, try to grow an actual heart, DRob instead of this absurdly hardened one you have crafted for yourself so you can believe the preposterous evil of an eternal Hell!

Quote:
If I understand right, the infinite glory of God manifested to us in heaven is so great that it will make unimportant things like love for your child negligible and moot. Having had our tears wiped, we will take eternal pleasure in the rising smoke of the damned child.
I'm sorry, friend - I can't go there with you.
No one should be able to if they have any love e in them at all.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:43 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I have no idea how that works. I don't know if I'll appear in Heaven as a 90 year old man, or 48 year old (what I am now) or 20. We have no idea if someone will appear as a child in Heaven or Hell.........
Seems to me, Not as a child because a minor does Not fit the description found at Rev. 2:10.
There is nothing to indicate a child will be serving as a king and a priest - Rev. 5:9-10
Those called to heaven have that first or earlier resurrection found at Rev. 20:6 to govern with Jesus for a thousand years.

Since biblical hell is mankind's common grave for the sleeping dead ( John 11:11-14; Acts 2:27; Psalm 115:17; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
And biblical hell comes to a final end (Rev. 20:13-14) when both hell and death are cast empty into ' second death ' then No one will appear in biblical hell because biblical hell/grave will be No more.
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
Since No one dies in Heaven, then the absence of death will be right there on Earth.
No death for the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised - Matthew 5:5. - Psalm 37:9-11.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:50 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh, try to grow an actual heart, DRob instead of this absurdly hardened one you have crafted for yourself so you can believe the preposterous evil of an eternal Hell!
I guess that comment came from the "mind of Christ" that you say you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity