Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There are many things we as Christians have to accept. Eternal torment is just one of many.

I'm not crazy about going to church and seeing the hypocrites there doing their pretending, it makes me sick to my stomach. I know they are hypocrites playing their games and they know I know they are hypocrites, pretending. They don't associate with me nor me them!

But I go to honor the Lord as I'm commanded to do, I just do my best to overlook it and concentrate on why I'm there. I just started back having quit going because of my Mom and covid, they see me and turn the other way.

You will find there are many things about being a Christian that are not desirable and you have no control over it.
I would go as far as saying...if you are a Christian and living a fairly comfortable life (in the world today)...chances are, you are not as 'christian' as you think you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 10:28 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would go as far as saying...if you are a Christian and living a fairly comfortable life (in the world today)...chances are, you are not as 'christian' as you think you are.
I would certainly agree with that! The older I get the more I understand Paul's desire to leave this world.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:26 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus is the voice that spoke to Moses from the burning bush (Exodus 3:14, John 8:58).
He IS the God of Moses.
When Paul wrote that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16), he was primarily referring to the Old Testament.
But He is NOT the wrathful and vengeful God described by Moses!!! It is the descriptions and misunderstanding of God that is the veil over the OT. Jesus on the Cross revealed unambiguously the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness and there was NOT THE SLIGHTEST HINT of wrath or vengeance in Him!!!! That is how His Holy Spirit is supposed to lift the veil. Unfortunately, it failed back then and still fails with the likes of you and Charlie.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:54 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But He is NOT the wrathful and vengeful God described by Moses!!! It is the descriptions and misunderstanding of God that is the veil over the OT. Jesus on the Cross revealed unambiguously the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness and there was NOT THE SLIGHTEST HINT of wrath or vengeance in Him!!!! That is how His Holy Spirit is supposed to lift the veil. Unfortunately, it failed back then and still fails with the likes of you and Charlie.
Jesus IS the God who was described by Moses.

He is even a Man of war (Exodus 15:3).

Old 08-27-2021, 12:39 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

When the time comes, he will give you a new spirit and a new heart.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
God's justice isn't about making people suffer for their sins, it seems to help rehabilitate them, preparing the ground for their return and restoration to goodness.

Old 08-27-2021, 06:52 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
God's justice isn't about making people suffer for their sins, it seems to help rehabilitate them, preparing the ground for their return and restoration to goodness.
Nothing wrong with hoping that will be the final outcome for all, or even praying for it!

But when one twists the scripture and then says God is tyrant if he doesn't do what YOU think He should do, well then, God has a problem with that!

Old 08-27-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
::Sigh:: War is a failing of human lust for power, control, greed, fear, weakness, impotence, wrath, and vengeance. God is NOT a War God, period!!! Our ignorant savage ancestors made Him one in their image and imagination.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Until you document your wild claims about God, there is zero evidence to believe a word you say.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Until you document your wild claims about God, there is zero evidence to believe a word you say.
I have documented it repeatedly. You refuse to see so there is no chance of you seeing. You do not know Jesus as He revealed God to be on the Cross. You refuse to lift the veil of wrath and vengeance from reading the OT and Moses using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness revealed by Jesus on the Cross. (2nd Corinthians 3:14-17)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity