Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 01:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: War is a failing of human lust for power, control, greed, fear, weakness, impotence, wrath, and vengeance. God is NOT a War God, period!!! Our ignorant savage ancestors made Him one in their image and imagination.
But you say that in denial of what the holy scriptures teach us (Exodus 3:15).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 01:58 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus IS the God who was described by Moses. He is even a Man of war (Exodus 15:3).
The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) name is found at Exodus 3:15; 6:3 and the Tetragrammaton is never applied to Jesus.
The two (2) Lord's mentioned at Psalm 110 ( 109 Douay ) is about Lord (YHWH) and Lord Jesus.
One Lord says to the other Lord ( 2 separate Lords ) Lord Jesus is waiting til his God makes his enemies his footstool....
This is when the 'executional sword-like words' from Jesus' mouth will rid the earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15

Old 08-27-2021, 02:48 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
That would be because I believe Jesus Christ revealed who God TRULY IS! You do not.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:12 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
That would be because I believe Jesus Christ revealed who God TRULY IS! You do not.
We believe the scripture reveals who God really is, and backs it up with the power of the Holy Spirit!

You on the other hand, reinterpret scripture and flat out deny some of it in favor of a revelation, and where in God's name did that come from, being it makes you do that?

Old 08-27-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
We believe the scripture reveals who God really is, and backs it up with the power of the Holy Spirit!
But as Christians, you should believe Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit reveal who God IS, NOT the words "written in ink" by fallible men. You completely and deliberately ignore the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness in favor of trusting the written word. That is NOT following Christ!!!
Quote:
You on the other hand, reinterpret scripture and flat out deny some of it in favor of a revelation, and where in God's name did that come from, being it makes you do that?
You keep asking the same questions as if I have not answered you multiple times. It is the descriptions and revelations of Jesus's attitude and Spirit as revealed on the Cross that brought me to Christ as God, Charlie, NOT your scriptures.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
But as Christians, you should believe Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit reveal who God IS, NOT the words "written in ink" by fallible men. You completely and deliberately ignore the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness in favor of trusting the written word. That is NOT following Christ!!! You keep asking the same questions as if I have not answered you multiple times. It is the descriptions and revelations of Jesus's attitude and Spirit as revealed on the Cross that brought me to Christ as God, Charlie, NOT your scriptures.
That's what bothers me, you have little respect for the scripture that Christ continuously referred to!

Old 08-27-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
That's what bothers me, you have little respect for the scripture that Christ continuously referred to!
It shouldn't worry you. He was talking to people who only believed the scriptures about God. How else was He going to reach them and teach them anything about God without doing that???

Old 08-28-2021, 10:33 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
He denies that the bible is the word of God, he doesnt accept the prophets.

You think you are any different?

Old 08-28-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
It shouldn't worry you. He was talking to people who only believed the scriptures about God. How else was He going to reach them and teach them anything about God without doing that???
The sovereignty and wisdom of God in the structure of His scripture and ones who He chose to pen it escapes you, Mystic! God must be an idiot, unable to secure His own words if one believes your twisted view of God!

You are so far from understanding the things of God that it amazes me!

Old 08-28-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
The sovereignty and wisdom of God in the structure of His scripture and ones who He chose to pen it escapes you, Mystic! God must be an idiot, unable to secure His own words if one believes your twisted view of God!
You prattle on about how we have free will here and then you somehow ignore that and think God controls how we receive and interpret any inspirations He tries to send to us. You do know it is NOT dictation and that our minds are free to interpret the inspirations in our fallible and flawed ways, right???
Quote:
You are so far from understanding the things of God that it amazes me!
Your ability to ignore or not notice the contradictory things you believe about God amazes me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity