Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 12:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Most definitely, I accept the words of both the prophets and the apostles.

OMG, YOU DO NOT, you think Mystic is bad because he admits he doesnt believe it's the word of God, you on the other hand, you dont believe it and you judge others who dont believe, but admit that they dont believe the law and the prophets.

Have you even read the bible?

Pick a law or a feast, or any prophet, and I will quote from what you pick to prove you dont believe the prophets.

You keep quoting scripture out of books from the Ot and the new t, but with every book, I can select scripture that contradicts everything you believe, you cherry pick and throw out the rest.

Didnt thou just quote 1 John or first Peter or Acts or Revelation?

Pick a book and I will quote a scripture that contradicts what you believe.

You dont believe all the bible either, you just wont admit it like others do. You arent in Gods religion, remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 12:39 AM

I said, " Didnt Thou?"

I literally typed," Didnt you."

It's a sign from God, behold lol.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:12 AM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I said, " Didnt Thou?"

I literally typed," Didnt you."

It's a sign from God, behold lol.
I'd bet a bag of CC Corn Chips on it, Hanni. It's a well known fact that God always spoke in classy Elizabethan English way, way before the advent of the lazy Texan drawl.

By the way, shouldn't it be, "Didn'st thou"?

Old 09-01-2021, 01:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
OMG, YOU DO NOT, you think Mystic is bad because he admits he doesnt believe it's the word of God, you on the other hand, you dont believe it and you judge others who dont believe, but admit that they dont believe the law and the prophets.

Have you even read the bible?

Pick a law or a feast, or any prophet, and I will quote from what you pick to prove you dont believe the prophets.

You keep quoting scripture out of books from the Ot and the new t, but with every book, I can select scripture that contradicts everything you believe, you cherry pick and throw out the rest.

Didnt thou just quote 1 John or first Peter or Acts or Revelation?

Pick a book and I will quote a scripture that contradicts what you believe.

You dont believe all the bible either, you just wont admit it like others do. You arent in Gods religion, remember?
Okay. This is a random pick.

Malachi.

But if you can't find anything in Malachi, try Haggai, that is one of my favorite books in the OT.

or, if you can't find anything there either, take your pick out of any book in the Old Testament.

But now, I want to make the challenge evident to you.

Show me anything in holy scripture that contradicts anything that I have said on these boards.

Be sure to go to the top right of the post in question where I said it, and right-click on the number, then Copy Link Address, and paste that address to the post where you are scripturally refuting my point of view; so that everyone can see how the scriptures contradict my point of view.

Of course I do not claim to be perfect in doctrine, I am a work in progress as concerning what I believe.

So, if you are actually able to correct me as concerning anything that I have said, then that correction will be welcome; and if I cannot think of scripture to reconcile what you say with my doctrine, I will concede the point.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Okay. This is a random pick.

Malachi.

But if you can't find anything in Malachi, try Haggai, that is one of my favorite books in the OT.

or, if you can't find anything there either, take your pick out of any book in the Old Testament.

But now, I want to make the challenge evident to you.

Show me anything in holy scripture that contradicts anything that I have said on these boards.

Be sure to go to the top right of the post in question where I said it, and right-click on the number, then Copy Link Address, and paste that address to the post where you are scripturally refuting my point of view; so that everyone can see how the scriptures contradict my point of view.

Of course I do not claim to be perfect in doctrine, I am a work in progress as concerning what I believe.

So, if you are actually able to correct me as concerning anything that I have said, then that correction will be welcome; and if I cannot think of scripture to reconcile what you say with my doctrine, I will concede the point.
Malachi

Remember the law of My servant Moses, the statutes and ordinances I commanded him for all Israel at Horeb.

5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesomec Day of the LORD. 6And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.â€

You cant believe that the coming of Elijah is.to bring respect back to Moses that the lost sheep of Israel would come converting back to Judaism to become one with Jews, what's worse, is that you think you are in their covenant when everyone.in the covenant follows Moses.

Haggai

And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with glory, says the LORD of hosts.

You arent a member of the circumcision church of Jerusalem and if you believed the nations should bring the treasures to the temple of God, you would be telling people to bring the wealth of the world to Judah.

Will the wealth of the world be presented to the feet of Jews?

Isaiah 60 ~ This is what Jesus so boldly claimed to have started, that all the nations should serve Judah.
The kings of.the nations.shall gather the wealth of.the nations to sit at the feet of Judah

10And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

11Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

If you believed any of that, you would convert to the religion of Jesus

Old 09-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Hanni, my focus is not on Judah right now.

If it were, I might even promote what you are saying is important.

But right now my focus is on bringing souls into the kingdom of God through faith in Jesus who is the Messiah.

I believe that Jesus came to exalt the law and to make it honourable (Matthew 5:17-20).

However, the purpose of the law is to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7) by showing man that he is a sinner in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20). The law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ that they might be justified by faith (Galatians 3:24). But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster (Galatians 3:25).

We are motivated to holiness, as Christians, not by an attempt at obeying a set of do's and don'ts.

We do not violate the law because we have faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14) and therefore have the Holy Spirit; and because we bear the fruit of the Spirit there is no law that will condemn us in our behaviour (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, our righteousness comes from a venue that is apart from the law; while the law and the prophets testify to the fact that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21). That venue is faith in Jesus Christ; and this righteousness is offered to people as a free gift (Romans 5:15-17).

Old 09-04-2021, 02:58 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
However, the purpose of the law is to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7) by showing man that he is a sinner in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20). The law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ that they might be justified by faith (Galatians 3:24). But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster (Galatians 3:25).

We are motivated to holiness, as Christians, not by an attempt at obeying a set of do's and don'ts.

We do not violate the law because we have faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14) and therefore have the Holy Spirit; and because we bear the fruit of the Spirit there is no law that will condemn us in our behaviour (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, our righteousness comes from a venue that is apart from the law; while the law and the prophets testify to the fact that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21). That venue is faith in Jesus Christ, and this righteousness is offered to people as a free gift (Romans 5:15-17).
I find it extremely puzzling how you can know certain things but continue to promote things that indicate a lack of understanding or some sort of disconnect from what you know. It is very strange. The schoolmaster stage was needed for a REASON, JBF.

Our ancestors had very primitive and savage minds that could NOT understand or be motivated by higher spiritual awareness. They were far too carnal. Fear of God and obedience to laws under threat of damnation to promote self-control over their baser urges was essential as the BEGINNING of wisdom for our savage species, NOT the end.

The venue for righteousness you refer to is the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. Our faith in Him by trying to emulate His love is what motivates our righteousness. Trying to emulate Him is how we actually show our faith in Him. Achieving the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit under the guidance of the Comforter is what makes it possible for us to be righteous, NOT fear of Hell and damnation.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Hanni, my focus is not on Judah right now.

If it were, I might even promote what you are saying is important.

But right now my focus is on bringing souls into the kingdom of God through faith in Jesus who is the Messiah.

I believe that Jesus came to exalt the law and to make it honourable (Matthew 5:17-20).

So, our righteousness comes from a venue that is apart from the law; while the law and the prophets testify to the fact that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21). That venue is faith in Jesus Christ; and this righteousness is offered to people as a free gift (Romans 5:15-17).
I am sure Baal will highly reward you.

You arent doing anything at all, these Atheists, Hindu and Muslim are as saved as you are, you are a Gentile, you arent adding to the nation at all.

Jesus added to the nation, he didnt come teaching Gentiles like you to continue in your lawlessness and Baal worship

Gentiles converted to the religion of Jesus and were.thus added to the nation, and unless you are added to the nation, you are just spinning your wheels having no hope of joining the commonwealth of Israel and your saying Jesus is not going to make you one with Jews in the religion of Jesus.

Jesus brought down a wall of separation, but you willingly choose separation, and you cant even be honest with yourself to even admit what you do.

Thats pathetic, I might he alot of things but I admit the truth, you are a lawless pagan who thinks I am insulting when I call you a lawless pagan.

I am not insulting, I state the facts, be proud of what you are or change.

Do you find it insulting when I point out how you are a pagan who follows Baal and rejects everything of Jesus?

You have chosen, you do what you do.

How can I call you a Pagan?

Because you are, because you keep all the pagan holy days and traditions of Baal and.want others to follow you on your separation.

You lead people away from Jesus, a way from the commonwealth of Israel, but you are all proud of your division.

Jesus came to make two people, one people.

You choose separation.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I am sure Baal will highly reward you.

You arent doing anything at all, these Atheists, Hindu and Muslim are as saved as you are, you are a Gentile, you arent adding to the nation at all.

Jesus added to the nation, he didnt come teaching Gentiles like you to continue in your lawlessness and Baal worship

Gentiles converted to the religion of Jesus and were.thus added to the nation, and unless you are added to the nation, you are just spinning your wheels having no hope of joining the commonwealth of Israel and your saying Jesus is not going to make you one with Jews in the religion of Jesus.

Jesus brought down a wall of separation, but you willingly choose separation, and you cant even be honest with yourself to even admit what you do.

Thats pathetic, I might he alot of things but I admit the truth, you are a lawless pagan who thinks I am insulting when I call you a lawless pagan.

I am not insulting, I state the facts, be proud of what you are or change.

Do you find it insulting when I point out how you are a pagan who follows Baal and rejects everything of Jesus?

You have chosen, you do what you do.

How can I call you a Pagan?

Because you are, because you keep all the pagan holy days and traditions of Baal and.want others to follow you on your separation.

You lead people away from Jesus, a way from the commonwealth of Israel, but you are all proud of your division.

Jesus came to make two people, one people.

You choose separation.
How does one get added to the nation by your standard of preaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I find it extremely puzzling how you can know certain things but continue to promote things that indicate a lack of understanding or some sort of disconnect from what you know. It is very strange. The schoolmaster stage was needed for a REASON, JBF.

Our ancestors had very primitive and savage minds that could NOT understand or be motivated by higher spiritual awareness. They were far too carnal. Fear of God and obedience to laws under threat of damnation to promote self-control over their baser urges was essential as the BEGINNING of wisdom for our savage species, NOT the end.

The venue for righteousness you refer to is the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. Our faith in Him by trying to emulate His love is what motivates our righteousness. Trying to emulate Him is how we actually show our faith in Him. Achieving the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit under the guidance of the Comforter is what makes it possible for us to be righteous, NOT fear of Hell and damnation.

The fear of the Lord IS wisdom according to Job 28:28; not just the beginning of it.

And the fear of the Lord is given as a motivation, in the NT, for obedience, in Luke 12:4-5 and in 1 Peter 1:17.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:19 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
The fear of the Lord IS wisdom according to Job 28:28; not just the beginning of it.
And the fear of the Lord is given as a motivation, in the NT, for obedience, in Luke 12:4-5 and in 1 Peter 1:17.
You and Charlie seem to be completely unteachable and unreachable. It is so sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity