Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 07:59 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

The question we ought to be asking ourselves is:

Is my sense of justice aligned with God's?

Psalm 2:1-3
Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”

This goes on today, just as it did in David's day. It has become even more clear in recent years and months. If we have a right sense of justice, as King David did, the following verses ought to give us encouragement and joy:

Psalm 2:4-6
He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

The next stanza has been fulfilled in the Person of Jesus Christ. Because Christ has come and has been enthroned as King, we can have peace in our hearts no matter what the rulers of the earth conspire. We know what happens to worldly rulers who do not acknowledge Christ as King.

Psalm 2:7-9
I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Psalm 2 ends with a warning that applies today just as much as it did in David's day.

Psalm 2:10-12
Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

If we have a right sense of justice, this Psalm ought to give us joy rather than confusion. It is right and just to want to see good triumph and evil punished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 09:56 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So you are not responsible for your states of mind? No wonder you do not understand our responsibility to evoke the states of mind of the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You think you have nothing to do with your states of mind. It is all magic. Sad, very sad.

You better gain control over your states of mind JBF if you ever expect to be guided by the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Was it not you, mystic, who originally argued that we do not choose what we do and do not believe?
That refers to what we TRULY believe not what we claim to believe.

Quote:
I believe that I can affect my state of mind; as to whether I have faith or not; if I cultivate faith by exposing myself to the word of God (Romans 10:17).
However, exposure to the word of the Lord is not a guarantee that I will have faith (Hebrews 4:2).
But the same heat that melts the butter, hardens the clay.
The decision to consider the Bible Holy and ENTIRELY the word of God is a human decision that has corrupted the understanding of Jesus Christ and His Good News Gospel. The blinding veil of wrath is placed over the heart from reading the interpretations of God in the OT and Moses. It caused our well-meaning ancestors to completely misinterpret what Jesus accomplished.

Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit to His HUMAN consciousness (Spirit) and perfected it. Until you lift that veil using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness (those states of mind I keep posting) as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, you will not know God or Jesus.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:41 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The question we ought to be asking ourselves is:

Is my sense of justice aligned with God's?

Psalm 2:1-3
Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”

This goes on today, just as it did in David's day. It has become even more clear in recent years and months. If we have a right sense of justice, as King David did, the following verses ought to give us encouragement and joy:

Psalm 2:4-6
He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

The next stanza has been fulfilled in the Person of Jesus Christ. Because Christ has come and has been enthroned as King, we can have peace in our hearts no matter what the rulers of the earth conspire. We know what happens to worldly rulers who do not acknowledge Christ as King.

Psalm 2:7-9
I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Psalm 2 ends with a warning that applies today just as much as it did in David's day.

Psalm 2:10-12
Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

If we have a right sense of justice, this Psalm ought to give us joy rather than confusion. It is right and just to want to see good triumph and evil punished.
The evil punished huh?

Everyone but you right?

Dude, stop lying to yourself, your sense of justice and mercy is completely lacking.

You are the evil and the wicked.

Do you think I insult you?

I am the evil and the wicked, the difference is that I know who and what I am, you do not.

All you see is the wicked everywhere, but you think you are different.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:50 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The evil punished huh?

Everyone but you right?

Dude, stop lying to yourself, your sense of justice and mercy is completely lacking.

You are the evil and the wicked.

Do you think I insult you?

I am the evil and the wicked, the difference is that I know who and what I am, you do not.

All you see is the wicked everywhere, but you think you are different.
Was King David's sense of justice lacking?

No, I'm not insulted and don't take your comments personally. So far as I am evil, I am deserving of punishment.

Being a Catholic however gives me an objective means to confess my sins, do penance for them, and receive absolution.

I do see a lot of evil. Firstly in my own heart, which I must work to root out. Thankfully God has given me the means to do so through the Sacraments.

God has given us the means of sanctification. We are not left alone to wallow in our own sin.

Psalm 2 is quite specific though in referring to earthly rulers. I don't fall into that category.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:29 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The evil punished huh? Everyone but you right?....................
I find the evil are punished with being ' destroyed forever ' - Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2nd Peter 3:9.
At Jesus' coming Glory Time found at Matthew 25:31-33,37 the figurative ' sheep ' are 'saved/delivered/rescued' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 they are a great crowd of people - Rev. 7:9.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:37 PM

234 posts, read 99,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Won't it be jolly to be singing with the angels in heaven, knowing that your child is meanwhile screaming in the eternal torments of hell?
Who can honestly say they'd be fine with it?
I am not asking for scriptural references alone, but for the human, emotional and psychological aspects of the situation.

If our child was a thoroughly evil person, we could say he had it coming.
It works the other way too; my late dad had an evil streak, so if he's in hell I'm sorry but he had it coming too..

Old 09-22-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
No, I am not taking credit for my salvation; but I am saying that mankind is responsible for it when he remains lost.
Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9); we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2).
Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). That being said, it is possible to hear the word of the Lord and not to mix it with faith (Hebrews 4:2).
Yes, we can't take credit for one's salvation because one must endure to the end to be saved as per Jesus at Matthew 24:13.
Hearing and doing go hand in hand - James 2:26
Jesus mentioned the putting forth of faith at John 17:20

Luke wrote that Peter rose and said that people of the gentile nations should 'hear' the word .... and believe. Acts 15:7
That is in harmony with Hebrews 4:2 and that one must 'continue in the faith' as per Colossians 1:23 ( if ).

Old 09-22-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
If our child was a thoroughly evil person, we could say he had it coming.
It works the other way too; my late dad had an evil streak, so if he's in hell I'm sorry but he had it coming too..
Remember: 'biblical hell' is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.
( John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5;13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
The religious-myth teaching of burning after death is taught by false clergy.
The thoroughly evil person will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 09-22-2021, 02:58 PM

234 posts, read 99,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Remember: 'biblical hell' is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.
( John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5;13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
The religious-myth teaching of burning after death is taught by false clergy.
The thoroughly evil person will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2nd Peter 3:9

Yes, regarding Resurrection Day, Jesus said the good AND the bad will resurrect-
"All in the graves shall come out.."(John 5:28/29)

and the bad will then-
"go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)

So if punishment means a fiery hell or something else it'll still be pretty unpleasant..

Old 09-22-2021, 03:36 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find the evil are punished with being ' destroyed forever ' - Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2nd Peter 3:9.
At Jesus' coming Glory Time found at Matthew 25:31-33,37 the figurative ' sheep ' are 'saved/delivered/rescued' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 they are a great crowd of people - Rev. 7:9.
That is Rosh Hashanah, I keep telling you that.

That is what happens after the wheat harvest, a division of what you are.its not about the future, its about every Christian who made it there in every generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity