Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 09:49 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You and Charlie seem to be completely unteachable and unreachable. It is so sad!
We are happy to be in the kingdom of Christ so that the kingdom of the Antichrist will never be able to "reach" us.

It is because of this that we are bound for heaven; because we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit and therefore nothing contrary to the gospel of Christ will ever be able to persuade us to its pandemony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 10:03 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
We are happy to be in the kingdom of Christ so that the kingdom of the Antichrist will never be able to "reach" us.

It is because of this that we are bound for heaven; because we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit and therefore nothing contrary to the gospel of Christ will ever be able to persuade us to its pandemony.
It is absolutely incredible that you THINK you are sealed by the Holy Spirit when you and your beliefs resemble virtually NOTHING that Jesus revealed about God's Holy Spirit!!! Look closer, guys. You may have been sealed by a Spirit, but it is NOT the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ!!!

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM

Jesus is coming back, riding on the clouds; and when He comes back He is coming in wrath and justice (judgment) on sin and sinners.

(Revelation 6:12-17).

Old 09-04-2021, 10:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

If you believe the false teachings of eternal torment or punishment (HELL), then you are following the Anti-Christ of Christianism, along with the mythologies of an underworld that infiltrated the Church centuries (millennium) ago. When a fundamentalist ideology like eternal damnation inhabits a person’s brain; the mind is no longer fully in control, as the belief is controlling the reasoning processes to propagate itself and sustain its parasitic survival. I am always astonished by how many Christians believe in SATAN and a HELL of everlasting punishment, never thoroughly studying the concepts, but have merely allowed their brain to be hijacked.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
, then you are following the Anti-Christ of Christianism,
That is an oxymoron, friend.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
If you believe the false teachings of eternal torment or punishment (HELL), then you are following the Anti-Christ of Christianism, along with the mythologies of an underworld that infiltrated the Church centuries (millennium) ago. When a fundamentalist ideology like eternal damnation inhabits a person’s brain; the mind is no longer fully in control, as the belief is controlling the reasoning processes to propagate itself and sustain its parasitic survival. I am always astonished by how many Christians believe in SATAN and a HELL of everlasting punishment, never thoroughly studying the concepts, but have merely allowed their brain to be hijacked.
Quote:
That is an oxymoron, friend.
There is a difference between Christianism (the false gospel, antichrist) and true Christianity, but I don't expect you to get that being that you are Anti-Christianity. I suppose you could say that the term Christianism from my perspective is a reference to those who pervert the true meaning of what it is to be a Christian in order to promote their own personal agendas (i.e., an extreme fundamentalist, which is also a term that I frequently use on this forum). It's about having power and control over the masses (people) without getting into the politics that is not allowed on this sub forum.

As for the word Hell and its usage, you will have to study that for yourself. Although from my studies and perception it merely meant the grave (Hebrew; Sheol, and the Greek; Hades), until it was altered by Christianism or those with an agenda. Unfortunately, there are believers' within Christianity who do not know any better; and those who feed on the gullible, while exalting themselves. Again, it's about having power and control. And, there are a few on this forum who are down-right ignorant of what they preach (i.e., religious extremists).

Old 09-04-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
There is a difference between Christianism (the false gospel, antichrist) and true Christianity, but I don't expect you to get that being that you are Anti-Christianity. I suppose you could say that the term Christianism from my perspective is a reference to those who pervert the true meaning of what it is to be a Christian in order to promote their own personal agendas (i.e., an extreme fundamentalist, which is also a term that I frequently use on this forum). It's about having power and control over the masses (people) without getting into the politics that is not allowed on this sub forum.

As for the word Hell and its usage, you will have to study that for yourself. Although from my studies and perception it merely meant the grave (Hebrew; Sheol, and the Greek; Hades), until it was altered by Christianism or those with an agenda. Unfortunately, there are believers' within Christianity who do not know any better; and those who feed on the gullible, while exalting themselves. Again, it's about having power and control. And, there are a few on this forum who are down-right ignorant of what they preach (i.e., religious extremists).
For me, it is not about control, but about making certain that a person is born again so that they will exhibit the true love of God from their hearts to the world. That is actually not any kind of slavery but it is true freedom.

Whether you define hell as Sheol or as Hades is irrelevant.

The point that I would make to you about that is how Jesus Himself defines hell; that it is a place of unquenchable fire (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50, Mark 9:42-48).

Old 09-04-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
For me, it is not about control, but about making certain that a person is born again so that they will exhibit the true love of God from their hearts to the world. That is actually not any kind of slavery but it is true freedom.

Whether you define hell as Sheol or as Hades is irrelevant.

The point that I would make to you about that is how Jesus Himself defines hell; that it is a place of unquenchable fire (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50, Mark 9:42-48).
In your ignorance, you have ignored this before, however for the reader I will repeat it again: Gehenna is the designation of the valley of Hinnom located outside of Jerusalem. It’s the place where trash, animal carcasses and dead bodies were burned. Now, tell me, is that fire still burning? Of course not, it was only unquenchable, as long as - there was something to burn. You need to do some in depth studying and research, instead of relying on your English translations. In addition, never, is not an indication of forever and ever, neither is it associated with unending torment. It merely means that it will not be extinguished, until its purpose is completed.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
In your ignorance, you have ignored this before, however for the reader I will repeat it again: Gehenna is the designation of the valley of Hinnom located outside of Jerusalem. It’s the place where trash, animal carcasses and dead bodies were burned. Now, tell me, is that fire still burning? Of course not, it was only unquenchable, as long as - there was something to burn. You need to do some in depth studying and research, instead of relying on your English translations. In addition, never, is not an indication of forever and ever, neither is it associated with unending torment. It merely means that it will not be extinguished, until its purpose is completed.
No; because in Mark 9:42-48, Jesus does not identify that place as Gehenna; but as HELL.

You keep shifting the goalposts.

First hell is defined in your eyes as Hades and/or Sheol; and when that doesn't work, you change it to meaning Gehenna.

But hell isn't defined as Gehenna in Mark 9:42-48; it is defined as hell; so you are going to have to stick with your prior definition that it is Sheol or Hades.

Old 09-04-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No; because in Mark 9:42-48, Jesus does not identify that place as Gehenna; but as HELL.

You keep shifting the goalposts.

First hell is defined in your eyes as Hades and/or Sheol; and when that doesn't work, you change it to meaning Gehenna.

But hell isn't defined as Gehenna in Mark 9:42-48; it is defined as hell; so you are going to have to stick with your prior definition that it is Sheol or Hades.
I am not interested in stupidity, nor the ignorant garbage you have been taught, ... Mr. King James?
Go and learn the true meaning of words without mixing and blended them to mean what they don't.

BTW - your post was the most ignorant that I have ever read.

You really have no idea what you are talking about?

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-04-2021 at 11:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity