Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 09:24 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If your sin nature is never dealt with, you will add sin to sin while being punished and thus you will add to that which you have done in your life which is justly deserving of punishment.
Your sin nature dies with the physical body and the demise of the reptilian brain that is the source of our sin nature, so it cannot affect us after our death.
Quote:
That's why Jesus said the only way to go to heaven is to be born again.
Of course, but we are not "born again" until our physical body dies and we are then "born again" as a spirit infant in Heaven. What you call being "born again" while you are still alive is being "conceived by God" as a spiritual embryo that must grow and develop enough maturity to be "born again" upon your death. Hopefully, none of us miscarry or are born spiritually deformed or spiritually handicapped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 11:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your sin nature dies with the physical body and the demise of the reptilian brain that is the source of our sin nature, so it cannot affect us after our death.
Scripture?

Quote:
Of course, but we are not "born again" until our physical body dies and we are then "born again" as a spirit infant in Heaven. What you call being "born again" while you are still alive is being "conceived by God" as a spiritual embryo that must grow and develop enough maturity to be "born again" upon your death. Hopefully, none of us miscarry or are born spiritually deformed or spiritually handicapped.
You deny what is commonly known in the church today; that there are people who have been born again through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.

Salvation begins at the moment of first faith according to John 5:24.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Your sin nature dies with the physical body and the demise of the reptilian brain that is the source of our sin nature, so it cannot affect us after our death. Of course, but we are not "born again" until our physical body dies and we are then "born again" as a spirit infant in Heaven. What you call being "born again" while you are still alive is being "conceived by God" as a spiritual embryo that must grow and develop enough maturity to be "born again" upon your death. Hopefully, none of us miscarry or are born spiritually deformed or spiritually handicapped.
Quote:
Scripture?
You deny what is commonly known in the church today; that there are people who have been born again through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.
They have been "conceived by God" in faith and through His Holy Spirit (Comforter) within, but it is only the beginning of their sanctification.
Quote:
Salvation began upon the Death and rebirth of Jesus Christ. You keep wanting to take credit for your salvation but we have nothing to do with it. Jesus did it and it is finished. We have the task of sanctification and building on the foundation of agape love and forgiveness He laid for us. Promoting His agape love is part of it. Promoting fear of hell and damnation is NOT!! Loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail is most of it!

Old 09-11-2021, 09:09 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Scripture?

No, being born again takes years until you mature a full grown son.

That can never, ever happen with you, you reject the meat, you are Paul's little infant until you accept the meat and study many years.

In life it takes a woman 9 months to give birth to an infant, but Christian's give birth to 30 year old mature sons.

Paul stayed angry at his churches because he believed that they would NEVER BE BORN AGAIN.

You have absolutely no chance of being born again, you reject the meat of the word, and it is impossible to be born again when you reject what matures a son.

You have a little baby, and it's going to remain. A little baby never being born again.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
They have been "conceived by God" in faith and through His Holy Spirit (Comforter) within, but it is only the beginning of their sanctification. Salvation began upon the Death and rebirth of Jesus Christ. You keep wanting to take credit for your salvation but we have nothing to do with it. Jesus did it and it is finished. We have the task of sanctification and building on the foundation of agape love and forgiveness He laid for us. Promoting His agape love is part of it. Promoting fear of hell and damnation is NOT!! Loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail is most of it!
No, I am not taking credit for my salvation; but I am saying that mankind is responsible for it when he remains lost.

Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9); we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2).

Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). That being said, it is possible to hear the word of the Lord and not to mix it with faith (Hebrews 4:2).

Old 09-11-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
No, I am not taking credit for my salvation; but I am saying that mankind is responsible for it when he remains lost.
Yes, you are. You are saying that salvation does not happen by what Jesus did but by what you do or do not do. That is wrong. Salvation occurred by what Jesus did when He did it, period. What you accept, believe, or have faith in doesn't affect it. The fact that it is TRUE is WHY you can have faith in Jesus and act accordingly. If you don't have faith by acting accordingly, you don't have faith, period, your claims notwithstanding.
Quote:
Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9); we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2).

Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). That being said, it is possible to hear the word of the Lord and not to mix it with faith (Hebrews 4:2).
Hearing of God's agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross evokes the Holy Spirit of agape love in us (those states of mind I keep reminding you about) and that is when our faith in Jesus manifests. When we have faith in Jesus as God in the flesh, we have access and take advantage of our salvation by acting on it under the agape love of Jesus.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:42 PM

Faith in Jesus Christ is not something that I do; rather it is a state of mind that I either have or do not have.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, you are. You are saying that salvation does not happen by what Jesus did but by what you do or do not do. That is wrong. Salvation occurred by what Jesus did when He did it, period. What you accept, believe, or have faith in doesn't affect it. The fact that it is TRUE is WHY you can have faith in Jesus and act accordingly. If you don't have faith by acting accordingly, you don't have faith, period, your claims notwithstanding.

Hearing of God's agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross evokes the Holy Spirit of agape love in us (those states of mind I keep reminding you about) and that is when our faith in Jesus manifests. When we have faith in Jesus as God in the flesh, we have access and take advantage of our salvation by acting on it under the agape love of Jesus.
Quote:
Faith in Jesus Christ is not something that I do; rather it is a state of mind that I either have or do not have.
So you are not responsible for your states of mind? No wonder you do not understand our responsibility to evoke the states of mind of the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You think you have nothing to do with your states of mind. It is all magic. Sad, very sad.

You better gain control over your states of mind JBF if you ever expect to be guided by the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 09-11-2021, 11:09 PM

Was it not you, mystic, who originally argued that we do not choose what we do and do not believe?

Old 09-11-2021, 11:25 PM

I believe that I can affect my state of mind; as to whether I have faith or not; if I cultivate faith by exposing myself to the word of God (Romans 10:17).

However, exposure to the word of the Lord is not a guarantee that I will have faith (Hebrews 4:2).

But the same heat that melts the butter, hardens the clay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity