Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 08:38 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
If the child is not old enough to decide when he leaves this planet, he will not go to hell.
That sounds fair. What about the person who is technically old enough but just hasn't ever heard the gospel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 11:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, now going to the pharmacy is the same as going to a witch doctor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Yes...very funny.

It would be if it weren't so serious.

People who do drugs are going to hell according to that scripture.

Your reaction tells me that you might be a drug addict yourself.

1Pe 4:3, For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
1Pe 4:4, Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you.
1Pe 4:5, Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
Nah ...not addicted to anything! Especially, that of idolizing anything or anyone.

But here's to good women and fast horses; may I come back as a saddle. LOL

Old 09-07-2021, 12:44 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
According to law, according to God, those first Gentiles became one with Jews JEWS.

They were zealous to become Jews because that was the whole point.

Isaiah 56

Salvation for All Nations

1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Jesus came to make two people, one people.

Well, that cannot happen unless both parties have.the same Sabbaths and holy days.

You can sit around and wait till the Jew decides to join you as a Gentile, or you could join his religion and.become his co heir.

Either way, the Jew is prohibited from joining you in Baal worship.

Your same Easter and Christmas was the same vehicles to separate Israel from becoming Jews, and.now they are called the ten lost tribes SPECIFICALLY because they chose pagan feasts to stay separate from Jews.

They practices the worship system of Baal like you in their desire not.to become added to the chosen nation.

They had their own kingdom and didnt want.to lose it so they became enemies of God and died.

For.this reason, they are called the lost sheep of.the house of Israel, the desolate house that remained desolate 700 years till Christ came adding to mbthe nation, Gentiles who accepted Christ as their Passover lamb who became Jews, those were added to the commonwealth.

Hated and pesecuted with Jews because like Jews, they refused to give up the feasts of messiah.

The covenant is solely to join Israel to Judah, and you are neither of these.

If you were in the new covenant, you would be.in the religion of messiah.

You are not.
Now, again, Paul the apostle fought against those who came into the church saying that "unless you are circumcised and keep the law of Moses, you cannot be saved." (Acts 15:1,5).

In both Acts 15 and in Galatians, he preserved the integrity of the gospel as a way to God apart from Judaism.

He was the apostle to the Gentiles; and as such he preached the gospel to the Gentiles and he saw many of them saved apart from being circumcised or keeping the law of Moses (becoming Jews).

When the Judaizers came in, saying that these things were necessary, Paul knew that it wasn't the case. He had personally seen many Gentiles be made holy apart from the laws of Judaism (Acts 15:8-11); which Peter also affirmed was the case.

A man becomes set free from sin, not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

Rather, he is to receive Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour; and by this he will receive the Holy Spirit; and as he bears the fruit of the Spirit there is no law that will condemn him for his behaviour (Galatians 5:22-23).

Therefore it is a righteousness which is apart from the law, that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21), that it is righteousness indeed.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:58 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Now, again, Paul the apostle fought against those who came into the church saying that "unless you are circumcised and keep the law of Moses, you cannot be saved." (Acts 15:1,5).

In both Acts 15 and in Galatians, he preserved the integrity of the gospel as a way to God apart from Judaism.

He was the apostle to the Gentiles; and as such he preached the gospel to the Gentiles and he saw many of them saved apart from being circumcised or keeping the law of Moses (becoming Jews).

When the Judaizers came in, saying that these things were necessary, Paul knew that it wasn't the case. He had personally seen many Gentiles be made holy apart from the laws of Judaism (Acts 15:8-11); which Peter also affirmed was the case.

A man becomes set free from sin, not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

Rather, he is to receive Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour; and by this he will receive the Holy Spirit; and as he bears the fruit of the Spirit there is no law that will condemn him for his behaviour (Galatians 5:22-23).

Therefore it is a righteousness which is apart from the law, that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21), that it is righteousness indeed.
Again, Paul was in Judaism, Paul took men to get circumcised, did you know this?

You keep quoting a man that proved he never left Judaism, a man who proved that he and tens of thousands of Israelis became extreemly zealous to keep the laws of Moses.

So, Paul takes some dude to be circumcised, according to your mentality, both Paul and the man he had circumcised are cursed?

Keeping the laws has never been wrong, but teaching law keeping for salvation was wrong. Nobody does that anymore except people like you, you are the biggest legalistic I ever saw

Why cant you understand that the majority kept laws out of love, not fear?

I really want a tattoo, and it's probably the only law I havnt broke yet, do you think I do it from fear?

Is every single thing you do out of fear?

I cant help but believe that you dont commit some sins because.you think its for.your salvation.

That's the mentality you cast upon all the first converts.

If somebody dares to keep the Passover, or Easter, they only do so because they think it will save them.

Is that what you do?

You go to church every Sunday out of fear because you think it is for salvation?

So what about Paul circumcising people? How does.that fit into that narrow view of yours?

O, I see, just pretend like it never happened just like Acts 21, it never happened did it?

Seems to contradict everything you believe

Old 09-08-2021, 02:11 PM

How many of you keep Christmas and Easter because you know that if you dont, you wont be saved?

That's insane thinking.

That's what JBF obviously believes, it must be what he believes because he thinks everyone does.

Is that fair?

Jbf thinks that if anyone keeps the Passover, that they only do so out of great fear in thinking if they dont, they cant he saved.

Likewise, in the same mentality, if anyone.keeps Christmas and Easter, they must do it out of fear.

Lame.

Old 09-08-2021, 02:14 PM

Jbf

So, Paul takes some dude to be circumcised, according to your mentality, both Paul and the man he had circumcised are cursed?

Jbf, did Paul just curse himself and another man?

Yeah, cursed huh?

If Paul cursed the law and anyone who followed the law, why then is he going out circumcising people?

Old 09-08-2021, 02:22 PM

Galatians 5

2Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. 4For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Acts 16

Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek.

Wow Paul, you two faced cowardly idiot.

Or is there some missunderstanding?

What a freaking phycho hypocrite, I know, right?

Old 09-08-2021, 02:27 PM

I was circumcised at birth, yea, my mom cursed me, and now I have to keep the whole law, dang mom, Paul said you cursed me.

Old 09-08-2021, 02:37 PM

The lowest form of a human, a two faced coward, a traitor to his people, the worst liar who acts one way in front of Jewish believers, but when the cowardly idiot addresses Gentiles, he puts on his other face?

One of lawlessness and one of law?

Acts 21

Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law

Why is Paul still in Judaism, still submitting to the Jewish priests of Judaism?

Why did Paul take people to be circumcised because of the Jewish priest of the temple if Paul was no longer in their religion and teaching against Judaism? Why would Paul give a damn about temple laws in Judaism? Why is Paul pretending to still be in Judaism if he isnt in Judaism following Moses?

Paul was a Roman citizen, the priests of Judaism couldnt touch him UNTIL he gave up his rights willingly.

When Paul submitted to the authority of the priests, he then put his life in their hands, and let there be no doubt, had Paul not proven himself, he would have been stoned.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Again, Paul was in Judaism, Paul took men to get circumcised, did you know this?

You keep quoting a man that proved he never left Judaism, a man who proved that he and tens of thousands of Israelis became extremely zealous to keep the laws of Moses.

Keeping the laws has never been wrong, but teaching law keeping for salvation was wrong. Nobody does that anymore except people like you, you are the biggest legalistic I ever saw

Why cant you understand that the majority kept laws out of love, not fear?

I really want a tattoo, and it's probably the only law I haven't broke yet, do you think I do it from fear?

Is every single thing you do out of fear?

I cant help but believe that you dont commit some sins because you think its for.your salvation.

That's the mentality you cast upon all the first converts.

If somebody dares to keep the Passover, or Easter, they only do so because they think it will save them.

Is that what you do?

You go to church every Sunday out of fear because you think it is for salvation?

So what about Paul circumcising people? How does.that fit into that narrow view of yours?

O, I see, just pretend like it never happened just like Acts 21, it never happened did it?

Seems to contradict everything you believe
Why do you keep lying about the things that I believe in?

I do not teach disobedience to the law; I teach obedience to it out of love rather than obligation as you have said is the right way.

I also know that I am redeemed through the blood of Christ and not through law-keeping.

However, if anyone is redeemed thus, they will fall head over heels in love with Jesus Christ and will desire to obey Him according to every moral tenet.

They are not redeemed through keeping every moral tenet; however, they will begin to obey every moral tenet because they are redeemed. So, if someone does not obey every moral tenet, it may be a sign that they have not been redeemed through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Paul circumcised Timothy (while he stood his ground as concerning Titus who was fully Greek and made certain that he was not circumcised) because Timothy's mother was Jewish but his father was a Greek; and for the sake of PR he circumcised him because of the Jews in that region (see 1 Corinthians 9:19-23).

If you get a tattoo it will not condemn you, because you are not under the law, are dead to the law, and are delivered from the law (Romans 6:14, 7:4, 7:6, Galatians 2:19) if you are a born again Christian.

However, if you are born again, then you love the Lord (Romans 5:5) and therefore I don't believe that your inclination would be to violate the OT law by getting a tattoo (see Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6). But if you do, you are not condemned.

How am I the biggest legalist you ever saw? I think that you misunderstand my teaching.

I have said that if you are going to enter in to the kingdom on the basis of your own merit, your own goodness, or through law-keeping, that you are required to obey the whole law from conception to eternity (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48). Can anyone do that?

I certainly don't think so (see Galatians 6:13, Romans 3:23, Galatians 3:22).

So, this ought to drive you to what Jesus did for you on the Cross. And believing on Him for salvation is certainly not legalism.

Quote:
How many of you keep Christmas and Easter because you know that if you dont, you wont be saved?

That's insane thinking.

That's what JBF obviously believes, it must be what he believes because he thinks everyone does.

Is that fair?

Jbf thinks that if anyone keeps the Passover, that they only do so out of great fear in thinking if they dont, they cant he saved.

Likewise, in the same mentality, if anyone.keeps Christmas and Easter, they must do it out of fear.

Lame.
You have again lied about what I believe in. I certainly DO NOT believe that keeping the holidays of Christmas or Easter is necessary for salvation. Where did I ever say that?

Where are you getting your information?

Quote:

Jbf

Jbf, did Paul just curse himself and another man?

Yeah, cursed huh?

If Paul cursed the law and anyone who followed the law, why then is he going out circumcising people?
Again, see 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. I have quoted it below for your convenient reading.

1Co 9:19, For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20, And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21, To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22, To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23, And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Quote:
Galatians 5

2Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. 4For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Acts 16

Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek.

Wow Paul, you two faced cowardly idiot.

Or is there some missunderstanding?

What a freaking phycho hypocrite, I know, right?
I would only say to this that Jesus indirectly substantiated Paul when He substantiated Peter in John 14:26, 16:13; because Peter substantiated Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

Was Paul circumcising Timothy to make him right with God?

I am certain that Paul believed that circumcision was a covenant for the Jewish people; which is why he circumcised Timothy (because his mother was Jewish) while he fought to keep Titus from being circumcised (because there was no Jewish blood in him).

Quote:
I was circumcised at birth, yea, my mom cursed me, and now I have to keep the whole law, dang mom, Paul said you cursed me.
I think that you misunderstand Paul's writings. In Galatians 5:1-4, Paul is not condemning the person who has already been circumcised the eighth day as a Jewish-born individual (see 1 Corinthians 7:18-19, Galatians 5:6, Galatians 6:15-16). He is telling the Gentile who thinks that he can be made right with God by being circumcised and keeping the law, that if he does that, he is rejecting what Jesus did for him and going to another means of salvation that will not be able to save him.

But the Jewish person who has come to believe in Christ, his circumcision is nothing and it would be nothing if he were to be uncircumcised. Paul is saying that circumcision is irrelevant unless you are trusting in it to save you; in which case you would no longer be trusting in what Jesus did for you on the Cross to save you; and therefore you would be condemned.

But if you have already been circumcised, you are not required to obey the whole law unless you are trusting in your circumcision as being your salvation.

Quote:
The lowest form of a human, a two faced coward, a traitor to his people, the worst liar who acts one way in front of Jewish believers, but when the cowardly idiot addresses Gentiles, he puts on his other face?

One of lawlessness and one of law?

Acts 21

Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law

Why is Paul still in Judaism, still submitting to the Jewish priests of Judaism?

Why did Paul take people to be circumcised because of the Jewish priest of the temple if Paul was no longer in their religion and teaching against Judaism? Why would Paul give a damn about temple laws in Judaism? Why is Paul pretending to still be in Judaism if he isnt in Judaism following Moses?

Paul was a Roman citizen, the priests of Judaism couldnt touch him UNTIL he gave up his rights willingly.

When Paul submitted to the authority of the priests, he then put his life in their hands, and let there be no doubt, had Paul not proven himself, he would have been stoned.
This is what Paul said about this very thing:

1Co 9:19, For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20, And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21, To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22, To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23, And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-08-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity