Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 12:11 PM

23,260 posts, read 10,540,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The ignorance you exhibit is not impressive, however, if you want to focus on being a sinner that's your choice.
Jerwade, tell me why he keeps talking about sinners who transgress the law when he literally has no law for himself?

Apparently, the law is going to judge everyone but him.

I asked him to give me a list defining what sin is, and Apparently, he has no list of sin but he keeps talking about the judgement against sin?

What is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 02:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times
Quote:
Gehenna is the designation of the valley of Hinnom located outside of Jerusalem. It’s the place where trash, animal carcasses and dead bodies were burned. Now, tell me, is that fire still burning? Of course not, it was only unquenchable, as long as - there was something to burn. You need to do some in depth studying and research, instead of relying on your English translations. In addition, never, is not an indication of forever and ever, neither is it associated with unending torment. It merely means that it will not be extinguished, until its purpose is completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
However I fear for you that this concept that hell is not an everlasting punishment will deceive you into thinking that the consequences for sin are less than they really are; and so you will continue on as a sinner, and, thinking that there will be no eternal consequences, yet deceived, you will end up facing eternal consequences.

For hell (i.e. the furnace of fire) is meant to be a deterrent as concerning those who work iniquity; even as Jesus taught in Matthew 13:41-42. Also Matthew 7:23 and Matthew 25:41.
Quote:
The ignorance you exhibit is not impressive, however, if you want to focus on being a sinner that's your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jerwade, tell me why he keeps talking about sinners who transgress the law when he literally has no law for himself?

I asked him to give me a list defining what sin is, and Apparently, he has no list of sin but he keeps talking about the judgement against sin?

What is it?
It must be that fundamentalist of Christianism monopoly, wherein he holds a "get out of jail" free card!
If you don't believe his nonsense, then you will suffer anguish for all eternity ...for merely not believing.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:42 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,863,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

What is it?
Where are you getting your information?

I have indeed given a list of what I define as sin; it is found in Galatians 5:19-21.

Here,

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
It must be that fundamentalist of Christianism monopoly, wherein he holds a "get out of jail" free card!
If you don't believe his nonsense, then you will suffer anguish for all eternity ...for merely not believing.
It is true that Christianity teaches that a man can be forgiven of all of his sins through the shed blood of Christ.

And yes, you must believe in what Jesus did for you in order to appropriate it to your life.

If you want to call that a "get out of jail free card" then that is on you, for using derogatory language to describe something that is in every way holy and good.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:16 PM

63,991 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
That is such an unbelievably myopic and petty view of God and His motivations that could only be born in the mind of a primitive adult or a spiritual child. That it holds such sway in a presumably adult modern mind is puzzling, but apparently not remotely unusual, Jer!.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting your information?

I have indeed given a list of what I define as sin; it is found in Galatians 5:19-21.

Here,

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Heck, some of my favorites, so if I get drunk, I have wrath, strife and heresies, I deserve to be tortured to death for a trillion, trillion, quadrillion trillion years and I am only getting started?

He didnt say nothing about burning a dube did he?

What does that fall under?

You dont think you do any of those things do you?

Since you arent a big sinner like me and you are able to save yourself from eternal torment because you didn't sin?

Again, these things were said by a Jew who proved he never left Judaism, who proved he never left Judaism.

If you arent in the same religion as he is, then arent you a heretic?

If I get drunk every week and smoke weed every week, I deserve to be tortured for an eternity but you dont because you dont sin, or you think you dont sin?

Isnt that legalisti?

Old 09-05-2021, 04:44 PM

If we walk according to the Spirit we will not fulfill the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

a "doobie" falls under the category of "witchcraft"...the Greek word there is pharmakeia, the same word that we get the English word "pharmacy" from.

It may be difficult to attempt to explain these things to you, but I will try.

See Romans 7:5-13 for the following understandings.

The reality is that the motions of sin, which are by the law, work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death, if we are under the law.

The law is utilized by sin to bring about all manner of concupiscence. Without the law sin is dead; but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Therefore, if I am not attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts, but instead am resting in Christ so that I am bearing the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that I will be violating in my behaviour.

I will not be walking according to the flesh.

Because if you look at the works of the flesh as they are given in Galatians 5:19-21, I believe that you will see that if anyone walks according to them, they will be violating some law or another.

Therefore walking in the Spirit is diametrically opposed to walking in the flesh; and there is no law against walking according to the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

So if I walk according to the Spirit I will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16); I will not be sinning according to anything on the list.

Because I am resting in the grace of Christ rather than working in order to fulfill the righteousness of the law, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me (Romans 8:4).

Old 09-05-2021, 05:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times
Quote:
If we walk according to the Spirit we will not fulfill the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

a "doobie" falls under the category of "witchcraft"...the Greek word there is pharmakeia, the same word that we get the English word "pharmacy" from.

It may be difficult to attempt to explain these things to you, but I will try.
So, now going to the pharmacy is the same as going to a witch doctor?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:47 PM

Jerwade, I was just about to ask if you was reading the news lol.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:04 PM

1,095 posts, read 888,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Won't it be jolly to be singing with the angels in heaven, knowing that your child is meanwhile screaming in the eternal torments of hell?
I hope you instilled the proper beliefs in him. That was all you could do.

If the child decides to reject God, you can't stop him. He chose it for himself.

If the child is not old enough to decide when he leaves this planet, he will not go to hell.

If you put your child's comfort above your faith, then you might join him below.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity