Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 09:56 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus died on the Cross as a propititation ("appeasement of God's wrath") for sin (Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 4:10).

What you have purported above is a lie from the pit; and those who believe in it will probably never avail themselves of the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross which alone can save them.

They won't be able to say that they were never warned (by me).
It is exactly what you are saying but with the primitive ignorance, paganism, and wrathful God removed and replaced with the agape loving God of Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 01:27 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is exactly what you are saying but with the primitive ignorance, paganism, and wrathful God removed and replaced with the agape loving God of Jesus Christ.
So, are you now agreeing with me that Jesus dying on the Cross is the only means of forgiveness?

As much as I want to believe in a god who does not have wrath and justice against sin (actually I don't want to believe in such a god), such a god does not exist.

The God that does exist is the God of the Bible; whom the Bible describes as "a Man of war" (Exodus 15:3).

This is who the LORD is.

God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM.

I will say again that you have formulated a god of your own making and choosing out of your own imagination.

This is idolatry; and God is a jealous God.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-23-2021 at 01:49 AM..

Old 08-23-2021, 02:55 AM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
So, are you now agreeing with me that Jesus dying on the Cross is the only means of forgiveness?

As much as I want to believe in a god who does not have wrath and justice against sin (actually I don't want to believe in such a god), . . .
Forgive me Justbyfaith, but are you out of your freaking head?

You want to believe, you say, in a god who has wrath and anger. Is that because, in your estimation, wrathful gods are better than wimpy, forgiving gods?

Last edited by Arizona Humphrey; 08-23-2021 at 03:08 AM..

Old 08-23-2021, 05:27 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Jesus died on the Cross as a propititation ("appeasement of God's wrath") for sin (Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 4:10).

What you have purported above is a lie from the pit; and those who believe in it will probably never avail themselves of the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross which alone can save them.

They won't be able to say that they were never warned (by me).
For argument sake lets say you are correct and the propitiation is the appeasement of Gods wrath, why then did it not appease Gods wrath for everyone?

Old 08-23-2021, 05:28 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post

You want to believe, you say, in a god who has wrath and anger. Is that because, in your estimation, wrathful gods are better than wimpy, forgiving gods?
craziness abounds within some beliefs

Old 08-23-2021, 07:56 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
For argument sake lets say you are correct and the propitiation is the appeasement of Gods wrath, why then did it not appease Gods wrath for everyone?
That question is worthy of its own thread, it deserves a detailed explanation!

Old 08-23-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post

The reason why I want to believe in a just God is because I do not believe that it would be expedient for murderers and thieves to roam free in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Because the Lord has ordained that a man cannot appropriate what Jesus did for them except through faith.

This is most basic doctrine, I'm surprised at your ignorance.

Old 08-23-2021, 04:50 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
The reason why I want to believe in a just God is because I do not believe that it would be expedient for murderers and thieves to roam free in heaven.
They don't and there is no reason you should think they would!!!!
Quote:
Because the Lord has ordained that a man cannot appropriate what Jesus did for them except through faith.
This is most basic doctrine, I'm surprised at your ignorance.
It may be basic but it is the result of human ignorance and is WRONG! Faith is NOT a CONDITION it is a GUARANTEE!! We can have Faith because it is TRUE that Jesus saved us. It is not true that Jesus saved us BECAUSE we have faith that He did!!!! What Jesus did was NOT part of an EGO Trip for God to ensure He gets credit from us for our salvation. That is human egotistical thinking and is completely preposterous as is most of the human thinking in the dogma! God's ways are NOT our ways so stop attributing human motivations and needs to God!!!

Old 08-23-2021, 05:09 PM

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2).

Old 08-23-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They don't and there is no reason you should think they would!!!!
If God is not just then the murderers and thieves should be allowed to roam free in heaven; they should have free access to heaven because there is no just penalty for their sin and therefore they should be allowed to roam free in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity