Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:35 PM

13,627 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
There is NO WAY you could be happy with your loved one in the oven baking at a crisp 666 degrees forever
Who is your "loved one"? Is it little Johnny or Jesus Christ?

Since there will be no marriage ties in heaven (Matthew 22:30), we can imply that familial ties are an aspect of the earthly life that will not necessarily extend into eternity with any real significance.

Luke 14:26 "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Without the foundation of Love of God FIRST, our love for our children will always be incomplete, misplaced, and cannot be properly ordered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 01:37 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm saying I have no idea what the relationship between my kid and me will be in heaven.
And if anyone does not have a savior to take their sin away, then a holy God will damn them to eternal suffering. It's not pleasant, but that's how it is. That SHOULD make you want to repent and trust Christ.
How does one know if one is called to Heaven or to be part of the meek who will inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11

Who finds 'eternal suffering' according to Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 10:14-15.
Rather, I find for the wicked that it's the ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' which will execute the wicked.
For God will bring to ruin ( Not suffering ) those ruining the Earth - Rev. 11:18 B

Suffering did Not come into God's mind according to Jeremiah 32:35 B.
Evil people, Not God, caused their children to suffer so they could devour them - Ezekiel 23:37

Old 08-11-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
.............Since there will be no marriage ties in heaven (Matthew 22:30), we can imply that familial ties are an aspect of the earthly life that will not necessarily extend into eternity with any real significance................
Not extend into eternity in Heaven, but extend to aspects of earthly life for the meek who inherit the Earth.
Only those who have that first or earlier resurrection to Heaven (Rev. 20:6) gain everlasting life in Heaven.
Whereas, the majority of people can gain everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
A coming beautiful paradisical Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:46 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It came from the agape love you seem not to possess that God wants us to possess instead of your wrathful and vengeful rationalizations about the justness of eternal punishment. That can accomplish absolutely nothing good or decent or remotely just!!! You are deluding yourself to defend your inexcusable acceptance of such a preposterous evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just note... the only one focusing on wrath is you.
You are following the "precepts and doctrines of men" who use fear of Hell as a motivation to believe. That is why your heart is far from God, DRob, as is the heart of all who fear Him and eternal Hell and damnation.

Isaiah 29:13-14 King James Version
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men

Matthew 15:8 King James Version
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Because the words of Scripture have to be interpreted in light of the teachings of the Apostles and the Tradition of the Church.
The Catholic Church has always taught dogmatically that hell is real and eternal, and it has always been associated with flames or fire.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, Jesus forewarned about religious customs or traditions at Matthew 15:9.
Not just the Catholic church but most of 'Christendom ' ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only - Matt. 7:21-23 )
'Scare tactics' (such as fire) have been used to try to control the the flock of God.- Acts 20:29-30.
As the world scene shows such ' scare tactics ' have backfired on those teaching such things.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:50 PM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Not at all!

"No concern of mine"? Are you serious? Where did I even remotely imply that? As a matter of fact, I said the exact opposite.

That's a HUGE responsibility and of the GREATEST concern.

If someone ends up in hell, they are not going there for their own good as no good will come to them. They are in hell for the sake of justice, i.e. it is deserved.

Since God loves your child more than you do, imagine how much more it would pain HIM to see him/her in hell than it would pain you.

The lesson here: do everything you can to ensure that your child doesn't end up in hell.

Pray, make sacrifices, do penance. No act of love is ever wasted.

There are good reasons to pray. Chief among them is because God is God with His boundless abundance of love, grace, power, wisdom and goodness. Praying as a method of escaping punishment is a poor reason. Of all the prayers that come to the ear of the Lord, those offered out of a desire for personal benefit must sound a little off-key.

I cannot help but come back to this idea that you, me or the Lord Himself would feel justice served in the presence of the everlasting smoke, or that we could tolerate the burning of a specific person we love. If I found myself in that situation, I might have to wonder whether I was in the presence of God or a god. The latter, obviously, if he lacks infinite love.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Your question will not be answered.....look at the replies so far. There is NO WAY you could be happy with your loved one in the oven baking at a crisp 666 degrees forever......and yet they say God will wipe your tears away.... Wipe mine away for you... for actually being that stone cold hearted to believe in such insanity. Stone cold hearts hide behind religion, it is their only way to stay concealed.
Interesting that you say ' .....hide behind religion ' because it's man-made religions with roots tracing back even to ancient Babylon.
Whereas, Jesus taught about having ' pure worship ' at John 4:23-24.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:00 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
There are good reasons to pray. Chief among them is because God is God with His boundless abundance of love, grace, power, wisdom and goodness. Praying as a method of escaping punishment is a poor reason. Of all the prayers that come to the ear of the Lord, those offered out of a desire for personal benefit must sound a little off-key.

I cannot help but come back to this idea that you, me or the Lord Himself would feel justice served in the presence of the everlasting smoke, or that we could tolerate the burning of a specific person we love. If I found myself in that situation, I might have to wonder whether I was in the presence of God or a god. The latter, obviously, if he lacks infinite love.
It is abundantly clear from this discourse that the hearts of the eternal hell believers are far from God BECAUSE of the inherent fear in such an evil concept. They feel obligated to believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" to show their faith in God and avoid Hell. They have been told to place those precepts from the Bible above the revelations and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus on the Cross. It is a travesty of human perversiity.

Isaiah 29:13-14 King James Version
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men

Matthew 15:8 King James Version
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
.........I cannot help but come back to this idea that you, me or the Lord Himself would feel justice served in the presence of the everlasting smoke, or that we could tolerate the burning of a specific person we love. If I found myself in that situation, I might have to wonder whether I was in the presence of God or a god. The latter, obviously, if he lacks infinite love.
For starters, it is Satan who is the 'god' of this world of badness - 2nd Cor. 4:4
Notice: 'everlasting smoke' is mentioned at Isaiah 34:10.
We know that can't be a literal still smoking because Edom (Idumea) is Not smouldering today, but stands for: gone eternally.
God does Not even find pleasure in the death of someone wicked - Ezekiel 33:11.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:08 PM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Your question will not be answered.....look at the replies so far. There is NO WAY you could be happy with your loved one in the oven baking at a crisp 666 degrees forever......and yet they say God will wipe your tears away.... Wipe mine away for you... for actually being that stone cold hearted to believe in such insanity. Stone cold hearts hide behind religion, it is their only way to stay concealed.

That is a scathing indictment of mainstream view of hell. It mirrors my sentiment exactly. However, I would not go so far as to say that only the cold-hearted believe in it. Most hell-believers wrestle mightily with the emotional ramifications of it. I know that; and I'm being a muck-raking, trouble-making and much-needed provacateur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity