Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 02:04 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

Here's an interesting story. A nun died sometime in the first half of the 20th century. When they were going through her effects, they found a letter that the nun had written. She allegedly received the letter in a dream from a former acquaintance of hers who died in a car accident at the age of 25 and then copied the contents down.

The Catholic Church has not confirmed the authenticity of the letter, but has promoted its circulation as it contains nothing contrary to the Faith and can serve as a very good lesson for the faithful.

An excerpt:

"Even now He is merciful towards us, for He does not oblige us to draw near to Him. He allows us to remain in this distant place of Hell, thus diminishing our torment. Every step closer to God would torment me more than every step you might take toward a fire."

Complete Text - A Letter from Beyond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 02:05 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I believe that you are again ignoring Ephesians 3:6 and taking it out of the equation.

Perhaps you ought to take some scissors and cut that verse out of your Bible...

Keeping in mind that there is a definitive punishment for doing such a thing (Revelation 22:18-19).

But since you have already done so in your heart, doing it physically (by cutting it out of your Bible) would only be an outward manifestation of what is already true in your heart.

And why is that true in your heart?

Because, apparently, you have an idea in your head that it is not right for Gentiles to even be saved.

Apparently you missed the memo in 1 John that tells us that God is love.
Pick a book.

You want Ephesians?

Ephesians 4

remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Remember that time when Gentiles converted to the religion of Christ and they were adopted into the commonwealth of Israel being one with Jews?

No, you do not, you have never been added to the commonwealth of Israel, does it seem to you that you are one with Jews?

Those first Christian's converted to the Jewish religion, they converted to the religion Jesus loved and followed.

Again, what does all this have to do with you?

You are not Israel, you are not Judah, and if you were Israel, you would be amongst Jews

Do you know how I know that you arent Israel?

Israel loves and follows the religion of Messiah, whether Jew or Gentile, their keeping the Lord's ways MAKES THEM ISRAEL.

You invented your own religion that doesnt even have laws, you have your own Sabbaths and your own holy days with your own city that is CLEARLY not Jerusalem.

You can say Jesus all you want, but Jesus loved and followed a religion you despise and refuse to follow, and because of this, there is no possible way that you could be added to the commonwealth of Israel.

You are not Ephraim, and you are not Judah, but that is ok, they have a special covenant, and the Gentile still has his

We can clearly show Messiah standing with Israel and Judah in future prophesies, and besides them, we can also show saved Gentiles who do not fall under the new covenant.

Your assumption of being in the new covenant given to Ephraim and Judah is just flat out wrong.

You can easily change this by converting to the religion Christ followed, and you dont even have to follow, all you have to do is to stop being an enemy of Christ, of Jerusalem, and Jews.

You think you arent an enemy, but your belief makes you an enemy who seeks to replace them.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:11 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Paul the apostle fought against the concept that one has to become Jewish in order to be saved in the entire book of Galatians and also in Acts chapter 15.

I believe him rather than you, Hannibal Flavius.

That I am in the covenant given to the Jewish people is evident in Ephesians 3:6.

I have said to you before that I may have even been switched at birth.

But even apart from that, anyone can be a part of the New Covenant, whether Jew or Gentile; because of Ephesians 3:6.

Eph 3:6, That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Old 08-12-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Paul the apostle fought against the concept that one has to become Jewish in order to be saved in the entire book of Galatians and also in Acts chapter 15.

I believe him rather than you, Hannibal Flavius.

That I am in the covenant given to the Jewish people is evident in Ephesians 3:6.

I have said to you before that I may have even been switched at birth.

But even apart from that, anyone can be a part of the New Covenant, whether Jew or Gentile; because of Ephesians 3:6.

Eph 3:6, That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Judah has one fellow heir, his name is Ephraim, you are not him, all you do is cherry pick what was written to the Gentiles who converted to Israel, you have not converted.

List your Sabbaths and feasts, and list your law, your definition of sin, that should be easy.

Is that too much to ask?

I can certainly list my laws, my Sabbaths and my feasts and proud to do so.

So what are yours?

What religion are you in because it sure isnt the Christianity of the first Christians.

Go ahead and give me those lists.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Judah has one fellow heir, his name is Ephraim, you are not him, all you do is cherry pick what was written to the Gentiles who converted to Israel, you have not converted.

That one made me snort. Almost had coffee coming out my nose.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That one made me snort. Almost had coffee coming out my nose.
Ephraim is the ten lost tribes of Israel.

Matthew
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You are reading a book about two nations, two different people but you are ignorant of their history, it's why you cant understand anything, you see the name," Israel, " and you think its talking about Jews.

The lost sheep of the house of Israel are not Jews, they do not share the same history or religion as Jews.

You never know who you are reading about.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:51 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
This is where logic stops for them. They know this but it does not reconcile with what they have indoctrinated with. Quite a catch 22.

How much are they REALLY bothered by it though? Jimmie says he preaches to the lost but how many respond but thats not his job either. But, trillions of years is a loong time. No escape, just forever, in torment. Too painful to think about so they move on, in denial really.
So you deal with it by preaching Universalism. Is that what Jesus preached?

Old 08-12-2021, 06:19 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus the Christ declared He would draw all mankind unto Himself. He did not say He would try and draw all to Himself. He is further Father's so loved the world rescue package, coming NOT to condemn the world, but the whole world might be saved through Him. Will the whole world be saved through Him, or a wee part of the world?

No remnant of leftover fish and bread are lost, nor are the broken wrecks of humanity, NONE!

Old 08-12-2021, 06:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus DEMONSTRATED God's TRUE NATURE and it is NOT compatible with your belief in eternal torment. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! You don't care because you want to believe that human ignorance or misunderstanding played no part in what was recorded in your book! That is a fatal error that you will regret having made, Jimmie. I am certain of it.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:47 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus DEMONSTRATED God's TRUE NATURE and it is NOT compatible with your belief in eternal torment. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! You don't care because you want to believe that human ignorance or misunderstanding played no part in what was recorded in your book! That is a fatal error that you will regret having made, Jimmie. I am certain of it.
He's made no error! It's you that's teaching the opposite of Christ. Everyone can see that, Mystic, except you! That's why you are rejected by many here, it's just that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity