Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 05:18 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You spout BS all the time Charlie and I think you don't bother reading half of the material presented. Who claims no devil? Who claims no hell? They are both real. Hell is weeping and gnashing of teeth due to a selfish life style while on Earth and the punishment is shame. (self inflicted) . Now, you got one right, no eternal punishment. Imagine a car mechanic (are you even reading this Charlie)? that decides to torch his beloved car instead of repair it because the transmission is busted. That's what you knuckleheads say, just torch the vehicle instead of fix it.
Ahh, I think you need to have a conversation with your buddy, Mystic, to find out who says that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 05:22 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
People ask the question all the time, How could a loving God send anyone to hell?

The reality is that God has done everything in His power to keep people out of hell.

Anyone who goes to hell must first trample over the Cross.

Every person is given the opportunity to avail themselves of the Cross.

The Cross is the remedy for the nature of sin that dwells within all of humankind.

If that nature of sin is never dealt with, it should be clear that the person who has never availed himself of the Cross will continue to commit sin throughout eternity.

Things like murder and theft will be committed by all those who never avail themselves of the Cross in order to deal with the nature of sin within them.

Now, I believe that all of creation cries out for a separation to occur between all that is good and all that is evil.

Most believe that they are good; and they also desire that the day would come when they might not have to deal any more with the repercussions of evil.

But most who believe that they are good, have evil within them.

This must be dealt with at the Cross before it is too late.

Heb 9:27, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Jhn 8:21, Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
Jhn 8:22, Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
Jhn 8:23, And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Jhn 8:24, I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

You are correct that Jehovah desires all to attain to repentance and be saved Faith 2 Pet 3:9, but the truth is everyone that dies with the exception of the very few holy ones who die now, went to hell, including Jesus. What hope is there for those there? The upcoming resurrection in which everyone there will be resurrected Rev 20:13. What a wonderful prospect sir.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
If you read the context that goes along with Rev. 20:13 you will see they are the souls of the dead called up from hell to reunite with the resurrected body for the Great White Throne of Judgement.

This judgement is for the lost just before being thrown into the Lake of Fire. It will not be a "wonderful time!"

I hope you will be there to see it Charlie, being able to receive your dead loved ones back to life. And then like you said, with everlasting life there is on more need for it, so death and hell will be cast into the lake, gone forever, inherited death will be no more Rev 21:4. That last enemy will have been brought to nothing 1 Cor 15:26

Old 08-13-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Imagine, Charlie ... NO SATAN. NO HELL. NO RELIGIOUS CULTS ... and NO ONE WORLD RELIGION!

It is easy if you try sir

Old 08-13-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I hope you will be there to see it Charlie, being able to receive your dead loved ones back to life. And then like you said, with everlasting life there is on more need for it, so death and hell will be cast into the lake, gone forever, inherited death will be no more Rev 21:4. That last enemy will have been brought to nothing 1 Cor 15:26
Well, I guess you haven't read on to see that the resurrection of the just took place 1000 years before this resurrection. Your loved ones will have been in that resurrection if saved, not the one you are referring to.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:58 AM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
God didn't call us to Himself by agape love, I will say it again, God did not call us to Himself by agape love!!!

He called us by FAITH!!! He has promised to preserve His Word for us, if the KJV has doctrinal errors, IT IS HIS FAULT, NOT MINE!!!

Where is your faith? Can you not believe God that you have to test His word according to anything for truth?

Who do you think you are to test Him when you have nothing to test it with but your opinion?

If we can't trust Him at His Word, that He has preserved His word, we have nothing, it's all a shame!

Doubt His Word if you will, you will pay the ultimate price. But as for me, I choose to believe every Word, adding or taking nothing from it whether I like it or not. I believe with all my heart He has preserved His Word and those who don't follow it as written will answer and pay the price whatever that may be!

I will guarantee you I am not perfect in my beliefs, but I for sure will not be found guilty for doubting His words and finding alternatives.
An alleged quote made by Adolf Eichmann springs to mind when I read the comments by some of those hell-believers on this thread. Eichmann was a German-Austrian SS-Obersturmbannführer and one of the major organizers of the Holocaust—the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question" in Nazi terminology that resulted in the extermination of six million Jews. Eichmann was most loyal to The Führer and when captured and brought to trial in 1961 for war crimes his response to the major part he played in the holocaust was, "I was following orders."

While this whole 'hell-thing' is obviously nothing more than a 'horror cartoon' I can just imagine the scenario: The god of these accomplices of eternal torture is eventually brought to trial for war crimes. Those who were complicit by mental acceptance in these horrific crimes against humanity are also hauled before the tribunal. Their plea as they grovel for mercy before the judge and jury is, "We were following the orders of our beloved leader."

Old 08-13-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
An alleged quote made by Adolf Eichmann springs to mind when I read the comments by some of those hell-believers on this thread. Eichmann was a German-Austrian SS-Obersturmbannführer and one of the major organizers of the Holocaust—the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question" in Nazi terminology that resulted in the extermination of six million Jews. Eichmann was most loyal to The Führer and when captured and brought to trial in 1961 for war crimes his response to the major part he played in the holocaust was, "I was following orders."

While this whole 'hell-thing' is obviously nothing more than a 'horror cartoon' I can just imagine the scenario: The god of these accomplices of eternal torture is eventually brought to trial for war crimes. Those who were complicit by mental acceptance in these horrific crimes against humanity are also hauled before the tribunal. Their plea as they grovel for mercy before the judge and jury is, "We were following the orders of our beloved leader."
It's been established long before you that we Fundies are Nazi terrorists.

So was Jesus and Paul and the rest of the prophets and apostles!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
It's been established long before you that we Fundies are Nazi terrorists.

So was Jesus and Paul and the rest of the prophets and apostles!
It's a shame isn't it, Rom, that we Fundies spend our lives trying to be like Jesus?

Old 08-13-2021, 07:25 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Mankind already brought God to trial, condemned Him, and had Him nailed to a cross.

Most of those complicit in His "crimes" (the Apostles) were also condemned and executed.

Whose side are you on, Rom; God's or the world at large?

Old 08-13-2021, 09:13 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
It's a shame isn't it, Rom, that we Fundies spend our lives trying to be like Jesus?
If you ACTUALLY spent your time trying to be like Jesus, no one would have any problem with you, Charlie. The problem is that you ACTUALLY spend your time trying to be like the judgmental, wrathful, and vengeful God our ignorant primitive ancestors' believed in who is not remotely like Jesus!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity